Danzig

darthmoog

DANZIG: Complete 'The Lost Tracks Of Danzig' Details Revealed - Apr. 3, 2007

If you've been craving new DANZIG material, then get your music player ready. On May 29, evilive will release "The Lost Tracks of Danzig", a two-CD set comprised of 26 previously unreleased tracks that span DANZIG's entire career. All of the tracks were recorded during the band's seven-album "arc" that began with 1988's "Danzig".

"Whenever I've made a new album, I've recorded more songs than were needed for the final CD," said Glenn Danzig. "The songs that make it onto the final album 'fit' or 'flow' together as a whole. Consequently, some tremendous DANZIG songs have never been released, not because they weren't great, but because they didn't fit the overall vibe of the particular album, or for other reasons."

When Glenn began the "Lost Tracks" project, the songs were in various stages of completion — some were still in demo form, some had no vocals, some needed a different mix, a new bass or guitar track, or some other type of tweaking. So, after spending months tracking down and reviewing the original tapes, Glenn entered the studio and completed the tracks, handling the vocals and finishing all instrumental recording himself.

The 26 songs on "The Lost Tracks of Danzig" are presented in chronological order; the first two cuts are "Pain Like an Animal" and "When Death Had No Name", both songs that have their roots in late SAMHAIN but evolved into two of the very first DANZIG tracks and intended for the band's self-titled debut. Fans will also find a song entitled "Angels of the Seventh Dawn", originally recorded for the 1990 album "Danzig II: Lucifuge", "Crawl Across Your Killing Floor", considered for "Danzig 6: Satan's Child", and the controversial "White Devil Rise", which was recorded for 1994's "Danzig 4p" and is Glenn's conjecture as to what would happen if Louis Farrakhan incited the passive white race to rise up against and start a race war with the Black Islamic movement.

Danzig also liked to include cover songs on his albums so "The Lost Tracks" will feature T.REX's "Buick McKane" (1992's "Danzig III: How The Gods Kill"), DAVID BOWIE's "Cat People" ("Danzig 7"), and "Caught In My Eye" by THE GERMS ("Danzig 6"). One of the CD's true treasures is a sparse acoustic version of "Come to Silver", a song that Glenn originally wrote for JOHNNY CASH (who reportedly loved it), then recorded it (with Jerry Cantrell on guitar) for 1996's "Danzig 5: Blackacidevil".

"The Lost Tracks of Danzig" will also contain a special 12-page booklet with a forward personally written by Glenn Danzig, a sentence or two with the history or an anecdote for each track, and plenty of vintage photos.

Long before NINE INCH NAILS, MARILYN MANSON or GUNS N' ROSES, there was Glenn Danzig. Danzig is arguably the most versatile talent to emerge from hardcore's first wave — a graphic designer, photographer, comic book publisher and composer who writes all his bands' music. His songs have been covered by GUNS N' ROSES, METALLICA and MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. He's written for Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison. Glenn Danzig has received many titles, from the Godfather of Dark Metal to a man of integrity, but most agree that over his three-decades career, his intense musical and lyrical statements have left a permanent mark on rock music.

Founder of the MISFITS, that band pioneered dark horror/hardcore punk and has become a seminal band of the genre, despite only six years and a few albums. The goth metal-punk band SAMHAIN quickly followed and in just another few years became a noted outfit. Darker than SAMHAIN, DANZIG's music evolved into a potent mix of gothic metal and blues with a Satanic twist. In 2006, the ever-surprising Glenn Danzig released his second classical album, "Black Aria 2", which debuted in the Top Ten — imagine, the Godfather of Dark Metal keeping company on the Billboard classical chart with Itzhak Perlman and Andrea Bocelli.

The complete track listing for "The Lost Tracks of Danzig" is as follows:

Disc One:

01. Pain Is Like An Animal

02. When Death Had No Name

03. Angel of the Seventh Dawn

04. You Should be Dying

05. Cold, Cold Rain

06. Buick McKane

07. When Death Had No Name

08. Satans Crucifiction

09. The Mandrake's Cry

10. White Devil Rise

11. Come to Silver (Acoustic)

12. Deep

13. Warlok

Disc Two:

01. Lick the Blood Off My Hands

02. Crawl Across Your Killing Floor

03. I Know Your Lie

04. Caught In My Eye

05. Cat People

06. Bound by Blood

07. Who Claims the Soulless

08. Malefical

09. Soul Eater

10. Dying Seraph

11. Lady Lucifera

12. Under Belly of the Beast

13. Unspeakable Shango Mix

o hvala bogu vishe...mislio sam da nikada nece izaci...

hm..pa verovatno ima i razloga sto ih pre nije objavljivao : ) shaljivim ga..al s obzirom na konkurenciju...ko zna..a i jos kaze da je doradjivao pesme..mozemo da dobijemo il neke bas prosecne b-side + smorovi..ili da u najboljem sluchaju najgora pesma kompilacije bude prosecni b-side ;)

ja uvek pomislim kako je ishlo snimanje ovog covera...

Menadzer: Ok momci...moramo da nadjemo cover za ovaj album

Danza: Pa ok...mora da bude mushki,mora da bude satanisticki poshto je takav concept albuma

Menadzer: Ok...nije problem giger se vec ponudio da odradi cover za ovaj alb...

Danza prekida menadzera: Stavicemo moje grudi na cover...

Menadzer: Shta?

Danza: Stavicemo moje grudi na cover...znash mushke su,a stavicemo i ogrlicu cisto da ubacimo i taj element satanizma...

I dalje stojim pored cinjenice da je Danza debil nad debilima...kao kada je umlatio onog klinca od 10 godina...

• 1 month later...

DANZIG's official web site has been updated with the following message:

"Get ready for Danzig's brutal 'Drukija - Contessa of Blood' later this month. Contessa Drukija brutalizes and tortures young virgins, drinking and bathing in their blood. This short story by Glenn Danzig is a cross between narrative and free verse and is illustrated by long time collaborator Simon Bisley. Bisley has painted many album covers for Danzig, including the latest 'Lost Tracks' cover and the upcoming cover for Doyle's solo project GORGEOUS FRANKENSTEIN. The 'Drukija' book is a limited edition so you might want to reserve one before they are all gone."

DrukijaCoverNews.jpg

smeshno. Ne volim njegove arija albume, pa se ovome i ne radujem nesto..

• 2 months later...

Sa ovog lost tracksa mi valjaju "Pain..", "You Should Be Dying, "White Devil Rise", akusticna "Come To Silver", "Warlok", "Malefical", a moze se spomenuti i "Dying Seraph" ali me onaj pocetak vokala straaaasno podseca na nesto..i "You Should Be Dying", "Warlok" su kvaliteta bash za albume, though jedino malko repetitivne, ali ipak steta sto se nisu nasli na nekom :da:

Kul Danzig izdanje, doduse ne nesto za multipreslusavanja, pre svega zbog duzine, ali ima pesama koje se izdvajaju za isto...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntlJVqW_Lpg

Nesto mi se malo ugojio :)

Poslednje izdanje mu nije lose ima tu interesantnih pesama koje nisu zavrsile na albumima(White Devil Rise,Bucik Mkane(obrada dinosaur jr. cini mi se),Angel of the seventh dawn,soul eater,lady lucifera itd.)

Imam neki osecaj da kada slusam ceo album,da se zaista vecina pesama ne bi uklopila uz albume koje tada izbacivao...mada za neke je mogao da napravi propust i da ih ubaci,ali Danza zna najbolje :cool:

• 1 month later...
DelcoTimes.com recently conducted an interview with Glenn Danzig. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

On his rumored collaboration with ALICE IN CHAINS' Jerry Cantrell: "I don't know if thatÂ’s going to actually happen or not, because right now he's busy with this ALICE IN CHAINS thing. It's going to be a blues record, but it's not going to be new blues, it's going to be old, dark, creepy acoustic blues; guitars and vocals."

On teaming up with MISFITS' guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein for a quick set of classic tracks on DANZIG's most recent tour: "People wanted to see it — I'm not stupid. And obviously it's never going to happen otherwise. People dug it; I never thought I needed to validate it. We always had a pact that we were never going to do it unless we were all going to do it; and someone broke that pact [referring to Jerry Only.]."

On bass player Jerry Only, who still tours under the MISFITS banner with a group of old-school punkers questionably trying to fill out the ranks: "I just think it’s sad that Jerry doesn't have the confidence to call it 'THE JERRY ONLY BAND.' I did SAMHAIN, I did DANZIG, I never had to do that and I never would — it was something special."

Mislim stare vesti ali cisto da ozivimo malo temu.

Evo nešto bolje da oživimo temu.

Došao je kraj svim našim maštanjima kako bi izgledao duet Danziga i Shakire... Materijalizacija dotičnog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHv3qO_Y8kk

Kako glasi jedan komentar:

Mislim da je ovo najbolja stvar koju sam vidio u posljednje vrijeme.