Minotaur

marko.petrovic

Osnovani josh 1983, josh uvek su aktivni, mada nastupe svode na par godisnje, i to po Nemackoj.

po meni je Power of Darkness izuzetan album, agresivni thrash/speed koji ume da podseti na Sodom sa In the sign of evil.

zvanicni sajt: http://www.minotaur-thrashers.de/

sta vi mislite?

Solidan bend, ali nista preko nekog boljed proseka. Zato valjda nisu ni uspeli da dobiju ugovor za snimanje kad je trebalo. Kod njih valjda svira onaj gitarista iz StromWarrior-a. Radio sam intervju pre nekoliko godina sa drugim gitaristom.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

God May Show You Mercy...We Will Not (march 2009)

1. Armegiddo 03:23

2. Rather Die 03:11

3. Full Speed Ahead 03:01

4. Princess of Hell 03:44

5. Cannonballfire 03:37

6. Soulless 04:01

7. Damager 03:25

8. It's War 03:33

9. Into Oblivion 03:42

10. Tales of Terror 03:21

11. Animal (Fuck Like a Beast) (W.A.S.P. cover) 03:38

Total playing time 38:36

dobar album, mada nista specijalno, totalno u fazonu prvog albuma sa malo boljom produkcijom, malo :D

koje voleo prvi, svidece mu se i ovaj :rockdevil:

Moja recenzija:

Those among you who possess the knowledge about the German thrash scene that is wider than the Big Three, surely at least have heard the name Minotaur being dropped somewhere. They have released their debut “Power of Darkness” back in 1988. and then disappeared from the map. But they decided to continue with their activities in the new millennium and in front of me I have the promo copy of “God May Show You Mercy...We Will Not”, their second full length. From the bare glance on the front cover (done by Tyrant of Nifelheim) you can guess that this will be one raw ride and you wouldn’t be wrong. This album is absolute display of style practiced by more savage German hordes, and the production work, although slightly cleaner, possess that garage UG feeling also. The songs are all by the book, no surprises in the arrangements for sure, there are touches of old Sodom or Living Death in the riff department and also you can spot some Black Death parts (of course, in eighties’ vein!). Also the playing is very possessed (some would maybe call it even sloppy...) and it certainly suits the material on display, but I must say that I just cannot get into the vocals of Andreas, he has standard Thrash raspy screech and he often goes off key, I don’t know what it is but I simply don’t like it... All songs are good thrashing exercises, but unfortunately the album just lacks that little unexplainable “extra” that would elevate it to the classic heights. Nothing here is exceptional – nor the playing, the songs, the production... This is just one more album of old troop who is playing the style which suits them without any bigger pretensions or quality. You can safely play it in the background and nod your head to it, but I won’t see that it will stay in your stereo for much too long...

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Bio na svirci juce. Stvarno odlican bend, i velika je steta sto nije bilo vise ljudi i sto ovo malo sto ih je bilo nisu bili ni za kurac. Bas su se potrudili, a publika ih je totalno iskulirala izuzev nas nekoliko. Nesto mi deluje da veliki broj ovih sto su dosli nije ni cuo nikad za njih. Pricao sam posle sa njima, bas su burazeri.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...