Alcest & Amesoeurs

behemoth

Neznam dal ce ova dva benda vishe ikad doci blize nas. Ali nije mi jasno zasto jedan Francuski i jedan Americhki bend rade jedan koncert i to samo u Rumuniji.

Eh da na Ramm verovatno imam free ulaz tako da sam sto se tiche toga prilichno obezbedjen.

• 3 months later...

Pošto nema Alcest teme:

ÉCAILLES DE LUNE

ALCEST

Prophecy Productions CD

Finally, one of the most anticipated releases of the year is in front of me! The build up for Neige’s (also Amesoeurs, Peste Noire...) new brainchild ‘’Écailles de lune’’ was nothing short of astonishing as the debut album ‘’Souvenirs d’un autre monde’’ practically conjured one new subgenre and that is Shoegaze Black Metal; that record seamlessly combined two styles as they were always meant to be together and practically became the cornerstone by which all the future stuff in this vein will be measured by. One must admit that such task is simply impossible to top and that everyone was hoping for the unimaginary things, and initially I fell into the same trap, but I have let the music do the talking, started to look at ‘’Écailles de lune’’ as separate entity and it paid off in volumes. Now let me first try to show the main differences between 2 full lengths of Alcest... As you might know, ‘’Souvenirs d’un autre monde’’ was sort of concept album dedicated to Neige’s memories of childhood and overall happiness that innocent age brings, so the album had underlying sense of optimism and joyous overtones. But ‘’Écailles de lune’’ brings the different theme around. In Neige’s words, it is about the man who left one world for another, and also he was hugely inspired by the powers and secrets contained in depths of the sea so you can guess that the vibe is overtly dark. ‘’Écailles de lune’’ marks the return of larger Black Metal portions into the sound of Alcest, and it is fairly obvious in opening duo of songs: ‘’Écailles de lune part I ’’ begins with typical Alcest melancholy but as the song unfolds Neige uses more and more Blackish parts which explode in ‘’Écailles de lune part II’’ and at the end of that track you will be returned into more peaceful waters. Arguably the best track on the album is ‘’Percées de Lumière’’, but maybe I am a bit biased beacuse I know that track for longer time as it has previously appeared on split with Les Discrets. One more difference is that the first album was closed with ‘’Tir Nan Og’’, phantasmal ode to the land of dreams, while this time the album is finished by ‘’Sur L'Océan Couleur de Fer’’, quiet but predominantly sad number which will leave you in a bit depressed mood. So I guess that one could look at ‘’Écailles de lune’’ and ‘’Souvenirs d’un autre monde’’ as two complementing faces of Alcest, they are in the same musical style but different in feeling. And as I have said that, I think that you drew the conclusion that ‘’Écailles de lune’’ kept the highest musical quality of this project intact. You will be treated with exceptional compositional work full of twists and turns, employing the various dynamics which will simply engulf you into the world of Neige. You just need to give this record a couple of spins and try to forget all the things that you expected from Alcest and you will realize it for yourself. I see that a string of shows is being planned (one of them with Agalloch – I cannot imagine better pairing) so I hope that it will help spreading the good name of Alcest even further. Be sure to check ‘’Écailles de lune’’ as soon as it released, in my opinion this will be one of the key releases for 2010. Utterly brilliant work.

I Les Discrets, baja je svirao u Amesoeurs:

I feel that I need to give a little intro on Les Discrets as they are relatively new on the scene but with the buzz they have already created, their name will become much more recognized very soon.... This French unit has initially started as solo project of Fursy Teyssier (illustrator who played in Amesoeurs and done the artwork for them, Alcest, Agalloch...) who wanted to depict his imagination in yet another artistic way; he gathered the line up consisting of Winterhalter and A.Hadorn and got signed by Prophecy which has given them the first presentation on last year’s split with Alcest. I can say that split become even cult release in short notice, as Alcest new stuff was highly welcomed and Les Discrets was the perfect pairing for them, some people ever saying that they stole the show from Neige. All in all, the debut ‘’Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées’’ is hotly anticipated by lovers of melancholy, the official release date is 29.3. but we got the promo copy so let us see what we have here, shall we? I must say at the very beginning that Les Discrets will most certainly appeal to the fans of current mini Shoegaze Black Metal movement and band like Alcest or Amesoeurs, but yet their sound employs larger portions of shoegaze, post rock and acoustic parts so it escape the ‘’metal’’ tag; so you could say that Les Discrets is non-metal band that will be appreciated by metal fanbase due to overall vibe which is truly melancholic / isolational. ‘’Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées’’ is sort of concept album dealing with emotions of nature, love and death, and that vibes you will certainly feel while traveling through this release. The guitars play the largest role in creating the soundscapes with its beautiful accords and build ups, but one can find occasional outburst of rage and even BM-alike blasting parts like in ‘’Les Feuilles de l’olivier’’, so you will certainly have the trouble to categorize Les Discrets but in the end that doesn’t matter as you will sail away into their world – I mean, just listen to the opening of ‘’Song for mountains’’ and try to stay immune to the beauty the song conveys! One can even hear some folkloristic motifs here and there, and I must note large use of acoustics which really suit the music. The vocals of Fursy are chanting, often just humming, and with its fragile and innocent overtones they are truly the icing on the cake. The production work is also very good; and the album duration of around 45 minutes is thankfully just perfect length, so the ones with the short attention span will not get easily bored. Maybe the finest value of ‘’Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées’’ (the translation of the title is ‘’The final thoughts of September’’) is impeccable arrangements’ cohesion; Les Discrets employed many styles which don’t stick out but yet are perfectly used in building one grey but still gorgeous picture, just like the coming autumn. I have seen online the sketches for the artwork, Prophecy is well known for giving their releases the best possible look in all aspects so it is the case here; I guess that Fursy was in charge of that aspect, and I must give the extra credit to the front cover, I just love it! So I think that all is clear – Les Discrets justified the trust Prophecy has gave to them and delivered the goods in spades, I just hope that they will continue to release such strong albums, all that is left is to catch them in live setting if possible... Make sure to check out ‘’Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées’’ when it becomes available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Molim milog moderatora da ubaci i Alcest u nazivu teme, ionako smo više o njima pričali a sve je to Neige :haha: evo vesti:

"Le Secret" is the debut EP by Alcest that was originally released back in 2005 in an edition of only 1,000 copies on CD. On April 11th (April 8th in Germany and Austria), it is finally going to see a re-release via Prophecy, but this isn't a mere new edition: the new version of "Le Secret" not only features the original recordings from 2005, but also a completely new recording of the EP, topped off with a new artwork.

181662_10150094272323207_122521658206_6516743_295542_n.jpg

Molim milog moderatora da ubaci i Alcest u nazivu teme, ionako smo više o njima pričali a sve je to Neige :haha: evo vesti:

"Le Secret" is the debut EP by Alcest that was originally released back in 2005 in an edition of only 1,000 copies on CD. On April 11th (April 8th in Germany and Austria), it is finally going to see a re-release via Prophecy, but this isn't a mere new edition: the new version of "Le Secret" not only features the original recordings from 2005, but also a completely new recording of the EP, topped off with a new artwork.

Lepo lepo, artwork je odlichan verovatno je fursy opet odgovoran. Moram nekako otici na onaj fest u avgustu u rumuniji, alcest i les discrets plus rome, jbt ti rumuni bash znaju da naprave te atmosferichne dogadjaje a i moze im se kad imaju transilvaniju :bigblue: