Ihsahn

ba+a.

• 2 weeks later...

super mi je album inace, ali mislim da mu treba malo da se zagreje. Od "In The Vaults" mi tek krece ludilo.

Kao da malo po malo ulazi u ovaj malo blazi prog fazon, i to sve klikne i onda sve ide kako treba nadalje.

i uopste mi ne lici na Leprous, cak i kad Einar peva.

super mi je album inace, ali mislim da mu treba malo da se zagreje. Od "In The Vaults" mi tek krece ludilo.

Kao da malo po malo ulazi u ovaj malo blazi prog fazon, i to sve klikne i onda sve ide kako treba nadalje.

i uopste mi ne lici na Leprous, cak i kad Einar peva.

Aham... mnogo mi se dopada to sto je album prog all over the place :da:

Posle one patetike od Das selen... koji se sastojao iz preslusavanja par baladica, ovaj album je odlican nastavak Eremite. Znaci nalozila sam se koliko je dobra muzika, pogotovu kad krene saksofon u Crooked red line da miluje audioreceptore i udari u limbicki sistem direkt. :wub:

Ajde da diskutujemo opet o tome šta je avangarda...

Ajde!

i onda dodje Jare i postuje Manes kao definicju avangarde :bigblue:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Koliko bi bilo dobro da album zvuči puno i dinamično kao što nove pesme zvuče uživo. Tačno treba Išanu oduzeti producentsku palicu i predati je nekom drugom, čovek još uvek nema basa u miksu, sve je previše hladno, kao da ništa ne uči nakon svih ovoh godina čačkanja u studiju.

Album mi je pola-pola, kad smo kod toga, ima malo svežih trenutaka, izgleda da ćemo se definitivno rastati solo Išan i ja.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Emperor mainman Ihsahn reveals a May 04th release date via Candlelight/Spinefarm for his new effort “Ámr“. Opeth guitarist Fredrik Åkesson lends a guest solo to the track “Arcana Imperii“. Tells Ihsahn of that and the performance of his longtime drummer, Tobias Ørnes Andersen on the new release:

“It’s just lovely to work with Tobias. I know that he can technically handle anything I throw at him. But more importantly, when I say like; ‘I want this to feel like the vacuum between words in a conversation with Hannibal Lecter,’ he will say, ‘Yeah, I get that!’ [Laughs] So for him, it’s not about showing off, it’s always about relating to the vibe.

With Fredrik, we met first time in Oslo, when I did my debut solo show as support to Opeth and later we’ve hung out on different festivals when we happen to play the same day. Last time in Japan when we played there with Emperor and Opeth. We were talking about guitars and I said, ‘Not to kiss up to you or anything, but you’re absolutely one of my favourite players, so some day I might call you for a guest solo…’ and he says, ‘I’m in!’ He did a fabulous job.”

Speaking further of the material, Ihsahn explains:

“Knowing that the form would be somewhat similar to what I did on the previous album, and given that I write stuff in a certain way, I wanted to change the wrapping this time. So instead of going with my go-tos of strings and orchestration, I focused on analog synths and more in-your-face sounds.

It goes back to the beginning of Emperor, when we brought in strings and horns inspired by orchestral movie scores by John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith, but at the same time we loved all those eerie synth soundtracks of, for example, John Carpenter‘s ‘Halloween‘.

I’ve also been listening to some contemporary R&B and hip-hop stuff with those deep, deep 808s. It’s just somehow darker than a lot of metal or black metal. It has a depth and an energy to it that I find captivating, so I wanted to explore those arrangement styles as well.”

“Every album I intend to make the darkest album ever. I never set out to make anything more melodic or accessible. However, growing up on ’80s metal, plus having a rather wide range of musical influences, I often end up with quite contrasting elements. This is my seventh solo album, so in the end it really comes down to methods and perspectives that keep me exited and fired up about what I’m working on. If I’m not excited about it, I can’t expect anybody else to be!”

01 – “Lend Me The Eyes Of The Millenia”

02 – “Arcana Imperii” (feat. Fredrik Åkesson)

03 – “Sámr”

04 – “One Less Enemy”

05 – “Where You Are Lost And I Belong”

06 – “In Rites Of Passage”

07 – “Marble Soul”

08 – “Twin Black Angels”

09 – “Wake“

SJMTuns.jpg

Intervju deluje baš obećavajuće (a ja ni poslednjih par albuma nisam više od jednom-dvaput pustio)

Samo da ne bude neinspirisana muzika pa da ispadne da je kasno uzjahao ovaj retro electro talas (npr. da bude Samael tip smeća hehe), inače kako ga je opisao, po prvi put u poslednje 3-4 godine da sam naročito zainteresovan za njegov novi album xD

Smorio je tim modern prog metal albumima, u stvari ne samo on, nego su svi smorili, smeće je ceo taj talas još od albuma Beat (od benda Discipline :P) :haha:

Neka seva 808ica

• 2 months later...