Aosoth

morbid god

• 4 weeks later...

French black metal devotees Aosoth released the new song "Silver Dagger And The Breathless Smile," the second single from the upcoming fifth studio album "V: The Inside Scriptures," which drops via Agonia Records on November 17th via Agonia Records. Check out the song in the player below.

Aosoth is the second project of vocalist & lyricist MkM (the founder of Antaeus) evolving in the black/death metal genre. While Antaeus sets boundaries for violent, grinding black metal, Aosoth delivers more dissonant and 90's death metal elements combined with the work of guitarist & producer Bst (The Order Of Apollyon, VI), who composed the music on the album. The duo is accompanied by bassist INRVI (the founder & mastermind of VI) and Saroth (Hell Militia, Temple of Baal) on second guitar.

"V: The Inside Scriptures" is a closing chapter of Aosoth's musical and lyrical concept. Distinctive and downright suffocating, the album shows many differences to "III" & "IV: Arrow In Heart", the two previous full-length releases, especially in terms of atmosphere. The recordings took nearly three years and were interrupted by many events in the personal lives of MkM & Bst. At some point, the album was about to be abandoned and never released.

The track listing for the album is:

1. A Heart To Judge

2. Her Feet Upon The Earth, Blooming The Fruits Of Blood (song available here)

3. The Inside Scriptures

4. Premises Of A Miracle

5. Contaminating All Tongues

6. Silver Dagger And The Breathless Smile

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"V: The Inside Scriptures" is a closing chapter of AOSOTH's musical and lyrical concept. Distinctive and downright suffocating, the album shows many differences to "III" and "IV: Arrow In Heart", the two previous full-length releases, especially in terms of atmosphere. The recordings took nearly three years and were interrupted by many events in the personal lives of Bst and MkM. At some point, the album was about to be abandoned and never released.

Prilično jasno iz svega navedenog da im je to poslednji album.

I meni se činio tako u početku, ali sam posle 4-5 slušanja dovoljno uronio u njega da promenim mišljenje. Ono što mi je na prvi mah delovalo previše repetitivno i dosadno je zapravo hipnotična varijanta istog besa i agresije koja je bila tu i na Blood Libels (koji je i dalje bolje izdanje i jedan od top metal albuma ikada).