Fargo (2014- )

Like the film the series is based on, each episode begins with the superimposed text: "This is a true story. The events depicted took place in Minnesota in 2006. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred." This claim is fictional in both the film and the series.[7] Showrunner Noah Hawley continued use of the Coen's device, saying it allowed him to tell “a story in a new way”.

ne piše da je bazirano nego da (bukvalno) prikazuje događaje koji su se desili 2006. u minesoti.

dakle, film je ofrlje baziran na više različitih događaja širom amerike, od kojih se glavni gde je lik ubio ženu desio 1986. u konektikatu (ne 1987, kao što u filmu piše). događaji iz serije su samo još više izmenjeni događaji iz filma kako bi priča bila originalnija, tako da nemaju nikakve veze sa stvarnim ubistvima. čak i na kraju filma piše "all persons fictitious".

• 4 weeks later...

FX announced two welcome if entirely predictable pick-ups on Monday morning, renewing critically-acclaimed comedy “Louie” and limited crime anthology series “Fargo” for additional seasons.

The cable network confirmed that the ten episode second chapter of “Fargo” will debut an all-new set of characters portrayed by an entirely new cast. The second season also will take place in a new time period, and will be based upon an entirely new “true crime,” with executive producer and writer Noah Hawley returning to helm. The first season of “Fargo” garnered 18 Emmy nominations, including one for Outstanding Miniseries, Outstanding Lead Actor nominations for Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman, and an Outstanding Supporting Actress nomination for its female lead, newcomer Allison Tolman. The earliest the next season “Fargo” will launch will be in Fall 2015.

http://www.imdb.com/...g#FXFARGO-TCA14

Edited by M-16

Odlagao sam gledanje serije jer mi je isprva bila gadna ideja da se napravi rimejk za savrseni film Koenovih. Serija se namece kao dobar primer, kako se od originalnog predloska, nadogradjuje i stvara sveze i originalno. Dobar scenarista, fotografija, i pre svega gluma, od najmanjih uloga do ovih sto su u glavnim. Jedva cekam da je zavrsim.

Edited by VoivodBG

ja sam imao isti stav pre nego što sam počeo da gledam, ali sam već posle prve epizode shvatio da će biti odlična. sad opet imam slično mišljenje o ideji da snimaju novu sezonu, ali nadam se da će me i ovaj put razuveriti.

Edited by SkullKrusheR

Od pocetka do kraja voznja, ni u jednom momentu ne splasne glavni tok price ili da mu nasteti pojavlivanje sporednih likova radi nastavka radnje.

Vidim da svi hvalite Boba (Malva), ali po meni je ovde sav glumacki kajmak pokupio Martin. (Lester)

Neka naprave i drugu sezonu, ali da je urade u stilu i filmova iz 70-tih, mracnije, prljavije i naravno sa vise nasilja.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Bata Životinja

meni je kod kraja najveći nedostatak što se čitava serija bakće sa tim kako se onaj Hobit ponaša a na kraju ga sprtljaju, ni ne pojavljuje se, a realno bi me zanimalo kako bi se ponašao kad su ga napokon uhvatili

to jest, uzimajući sve u obzir, on bi opet mogao nekako da se iskobelja s manjom kaznom, i slično

dakle, čitavu seriju bave se njegovim životom do sitnica, a na kraju ga totalno izostave. I Bili Boba su bezveze završili, bolje da je on ostao jedini živ na kraju

naravno, čak i da jesu to uradili, ne bi bili bolji od True Detective

• 3 months later...

Huge Fargo news: The Emmy-winning crime anthology is filling out its second season cast with a bevy of well-known and award-winning talent. Ted Danson, Patrick Wilson and Jean Smart are joining in series-regular roles, while several other notably actors like Nick Offerman have been cast in recurring parts.

Wilson (Insidious) will star in the new season Lou Solverson, a clean cut Minnesota State Patrolman, four years back from Vietnam, where he served in the Navy. He’s described as “a humble and competent man, Lou is a devoted husband to his wife Betsy (yet to be cast), and father to four-year-old Molly (yet to be cast). This is the same character played by Keith Carradine in the first season.

Danson (CSI) will play Hank Larsson, the Sheriff of Rock County, Minnesota. He’s “an unflappable WWII vet who embodies a certain cowboy poetry, Hank is Lou’s father-in-law.”

Jean Smart (Frasier) will play Floyd Gerhardt, the matriarch of the Gerhardt crime family. “She’s stood by her husband’s side for 40 years, but now that he’s out of the picture she thinks it’s her turn to run things.”

In addition, Offerman (Parks and Recreation), Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond), Kieran Culkin (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World), Bokeem Woodbine (Southland), Jeffrey Donovan (Burn Notice) and Angus Sampson (Insidious) have been cast in recurring guest-star roles.

And if all that weren’t enough, Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons were previously announced as playing a married couple in the series.

The 10-episode second season takes place in 1979 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Luverne, Minnesota. Here’s a new official extended description of the season’s storyline from FX:

Young State Police Officer “Lou Solverson” (Wilson), recently back from Vietnam, investigates a case involving a local crime gang and a major Mob syndicate. Helping him piece things together is his father-in-law, “Sheriff Hank Larsson” (Danson).

The investigation will lead them to a colorful cast of characters that includes “Karl Weathers” (Nick Offerman), the town lawyer of Luverne, Minnesota. A Korean War vet, Karl is a flowery drunk blessed with the gift of gab and the eloquence of a true con artist. Three-time Emmy winner Brad Garrett will play “Joe Bulo,” the front man for the northern expansion of a Kansas City crime syndicate. The new face of corporate crime, Joe’s bringing a Walmart mentality to small town America.

His number two is “Mike Milligan” (Bokeem Woodbine). Part enforcer, part detective, Mike is always smiling – but the joke is usually on you. Bulo and his crew have their sights set on the Gerhardt crime family in Fargo, currently led by matriarch “Floyd Gerhardt” (Smart). With her husband at death’s door, Floyd takes over the family business, frustrating her eldest son, “Dodd Gerhardt” (Jeffrey Donovan). An impatient hothead with a cruel streak to match his ambitions, Dodd can’t wait for both his parents to die so he can take over and expand their business from kingdom to empire. “Bear Gerhardt” (Angus Sampson) is the middle son, an intimidatingly large man who, although inarticulate, is the most decent of his clan. “Rye Gerhardt” (Kieran Culkin), the youngest of the Gerhardt clan, views himself as a big shot, but in reality he’s just a small dog who barks big.

• 2 months later...

As revealed by TVLine, Campbell will play former president Ronald Reagan. And since Season 2 takes place in the late '70s, and stars Patrick Wilson as a younger version of character Lou Solverson (played by Keith Carradine in Season 1), Campbell's Reagan will be a Reagan on the presidential campaign trail.

1425056623-image4.jpg

Bruce Campbell (seen here in Last Fan Standing).

“[Reagan]’s on his first campaign [and he] makes a swing through Fargo," FX Networks CEO John Landgraf mentioned a few months back. "Some of the characters have some interactions with him. And some of his movies are also a part of the show.”

Campbell's Burn Notice co-star Jeffrey Donovan is also a part of Season 2, playing a hot-headed son of local mobster (played by Jean Smart). It's unknown at this time if the two will have scenes together.

Campbell actually appeared in the Coen's 1996 Fargo film in a cameo role as the star of a soap opera that would often play in the background of scenes. A longtime friend of the Coens, Campbell's also had small roles in a number of their films, including The Hudsucker Proxy, Intolerable Cruelty and The Ladykillers.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
After “True Detective’s” disappointing second season, “Fargo” could have sent its fellow limited crime series a gift basket for its role in helping to diminish expectations. Yet after watching four episodes of this encore, such thanks turns out to be unnecessary, since FX’s frost-covered drama appears to have equaled its splendid predecessor, capturing the same off-kilter tone while actually enhancing the comedy quotient. If the first series deftly approximated the spirit of its movie namesake, this one works in a cheeky Quentin Tarantino vibe, with results as refreshing and bracing as the region’s abundant snow.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/fargo-season-2-review-kirsten-dunst-patrick-wilson-prequel-fx-1201607865/