Abigor

scissors

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Austrian Black Metallers ABIGOR Are Back!

According to the Austrian black metal webzine BlackMetal.at, Peter Kubik (a.k.a. Virus 666) has put his HELLBOUND and ST. LUCIFER projects to rest and has reformed the acclaimed Austrian black metal outfit ABIGOR. "There're different reasons for this decision, and some might hate me about it, but I give a shit on them," Kubik is quoted as saying. "I know, I wrote that I am pissed by the black-metal scene as I split ABIGOR back in 2003, and still I am, but maybe this 'not being involved' made me thirsty again. However, I don’t feel the need to justify my point of view anymore. Accept it or not, ABIGOR is back! Currently it's me and Lukas Lindenberger on drums, but T.T., Thurisaz and Silenius are still invited to join the band again, time will tell. Don't expect a rise of the 'old' ABIGOR, it's 2006. ABIGOR is reborn, and it'll be a new area — we're back, still hell!"

• 2 months later...

Reunited ABIGOR To Enter Studio This Month

Reunited Austrian black metallers ABIGOR have issued the following update:

"We recently found a DAT tape with all four demos. We will have a close listen later this week and think about doing a special collector's item (maybe something like a very limited edition 7" box with the complete demos). Nothing is 100%, but it would be a great item to mark our return. Like the demos were the beginning of something in the early '90s, this item could now mark the beginning of a new ABIGOR era.

"The songwriting for the new album has been nearly finished and we will start with the studio work in about two weeks. This will be a period of at least 2-3 months. A vocalist who seems to perfectly fit to the album is already found, but no details or names will be announced as long as his performance isn't recorded."

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The CD will be released in Europe on May 2 and the U.S. on June 5.

"Fractal Possession" track listing:

01. Warning

02. Project: Shadow

03. Cold Void Choir

04. Lairf Of Infinite Deparation

05. 3D Blasphemy

06. The Fire Syndrom

07. Injection Satan

08. Libery Rises A Diagonal Flame

09. Vapourzied Tears

10. Heaven Unveiled

02_news_FractalPossessionCover.jpg