Mayhem

kasapin

What about your other project Mortem, because I talked to the bassist and you were recording I think? Are you done with that?

Yes, we are done recording and it is in the mixing process now.

Who had the idea to resurrect Mortem?

Probably it was Steinar, the keyboardist.

What is the sound going to be like? Is it going to be old school?

I have no idea. I just only play the drums. I don’t think the music was totally finished yet by then, you know.

Koj kurac :haha:

Дај Боже да буде тако ал нисам баш неки оптимиста да ће бити у де мистерис фазону. Тешко ће они поновити тај звук. Биће добро ако ухвате само део те атмосфере.

А тај исти хелхамер је у неком интервјуу од пре неки месец изјавио да ће албум бити у деткраш фазону. Сад већ де мистерис. Не верујем ја ни у шта док не чујем албум.
И слажем се то за манијака. Вазда ми је имао непрејебив вокал.

Meni je ipak Manijak bio najbolji na Chimeri, koji je isto maestralan album.

Ma moguce da se Helhamer sprda namerno, da pravi hajp. Ali ko zna. Toliko su svirali De Misteris, mozda su i dobili neku inspiraciju.

Ne ocekujem nista posebno, ali videcemo sta ce biti.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are excited to announce that Mayhem will release our sixth studio album, entitled “Daemon” on October 25th.

The pre-order for all formats will start on August 30th – detailed info on all different formats will be made available soon!

“Daemon” isn’t a direct follow-up to “Esoteric Warfare”. Like all Mayhem albums of their time, “Daemon” is unto itself. The wolf solitary and singular. Indeed, “Daemon” also isn’t a new chapter in our storied career. Rather, it’s a new tome, authoritative yet wild in character. Composed and decomposed with the same lineup - Necrobutcher (bass), Hellhammer (drums), Attila (vocals), Teloch (guitars), and Ghul (guitars) - that handled “Esoteric Warfare” and performed “De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas” in its entirety over the last few years, “Daemon” isn’t a retrofit of classic songs like “Freezing Moon,” “Pagan Fears,” or “Buried by Time and Dust” either. That’s what the live album, “De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas Alive” (2016), was for. “Daemon” is change, an opportunity for the maw of hell to open wider.

Track list:

1. The Dying False King

2. Agenda Ignis

3. Bad Blood

4. Malum

5. Falsified And Hated

6. Aeon Daemonium

7. Worthless Abomination Destroyed

8. Daemon Spawn

9. Of Worms And Ruins

10. Invoke The Oath

• Like 1