Agalloch

azal

mnogo ti znaš.. icon_rolleyes.gif

lodge, koja je najlošija na mantle-u + onaj nothing remix koji je bubnjar odradio, a koji nema veze sa mozgom.

kad je izašao, prigarabio sam ga misleći "uu , novi agalloch, daj šta-god-da-je".. ali sam onda shvatio da je govno.

word.

moglo bi biti ok, ali kao izdanje nekog drugog benda.

agalloch su previse dobri...

imao sam jedan do jaja poster njihov (sede opusteno na nekom zidicu dok duva neverovatno jak vetar) ali se sav izdeformisao od vlage kad mi se zid izdeformisao nakon sto je pukla neka cev u kupatilu sad.gif

poz

• 2 months later...

mnogo ti znaš..

----

nego, za sve one koji čekaju...

evo nešto od Haughm-a.... formska diskusija, pa da je prenesem ovde:

-This is BY NO MEANS an official announcement...

My goal is to record in August/Sept. It's just a goal, something to shoot for. It really depends if we can get our shit together enough before that. It might be longer. Things always change which is why I won't give the official word until the studio time is booked. But things are slowly happening in our camp.

-Originally Posted by Furious B

Just out of curiosity Haughm, will that end segment after the live version of "Odal" be appearing on the album perhaps? I would like to see that end up on something at some point.

Maybe. There are about 3 songs it could fit in but I haven't decided whether or not to use it yet. A couple songs are still a riff puzzle that I'm trying to piece together. I like that part a lot but I dunno...

--

i tako.. u najboljem slučaju, a to je da počnu snimanje u avgustu, septembru, imaćemo album za jedno godinu dana..

jebi ga.

• 2 months later...

evo konačno novih vesti (ako ovo uopšte neko i čita..)

imate novi intervju sa donom andersonom na ovoj stranici:

http://www.rockline.it/modules.php?name=In...p=view_int&id=6

a ja ću sada postovati nešto iz njega što je meni zanimljivo:

Don - Agalloch’s primary influences have always been the early work of Ulver, early and contemporary Katatonia, Fields of the Nephilim, Death In June, Sol Invictus, and recently groups like Godspeed You Black Emperor. Pale Folklore is a combination of the albums, Ulver “Bergtatt,” Katatonia “Brave Murder Day”, and Fields of the Nephilim “The Nephilim”. With “The Mantle” we began employing influences from Nick Cave, the neo-folk genre, Godspeed, The Cure, and Swans. Right now I mainly listen to bands like Pelican, ISIS, Jesu (post-Godflesh), Secret Chiefs 3, The Locust, A Silver Mt. Zion, Coil, contemporary classical music like Arvo Part, Philip Glass, Edgar Varese, Charles Ives, Igor Stravinsky, and all the aforementioned bands. As for your readers, if they enjoy the work of Agalloch, then they will also enjoy Woods of Ypres (Toronto, Canada), who I think are one of the best bands right now. I highly recommend the following albums, which I find to be absolutely essential: Sol Invictus “The Blade” Current 93 “Of Ruine or Some Blazing Starre” Fields of the Nephilim “The Nephilim” Death In June “But, What Ends When the Symbols Shatter?”, Godspeed You Black Emperor “Slow Riot For A New Zero Kanada” Kent “Isola,” Arvo Part “Tabula Rasa” (any recording will do), Philip Glass “Violin Concerto” (the Kremer recording), Anglagard “Epilog,” Anekdoten “Gravity,” Coil “Music To Play In The Dark Vol.1 and 2,” Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds “Murder Ballads,” Forseti “Erde” (exceptional neo-folk), Slint “Spiderland”, and so many others. I cannot go for a long time without listening to any of the above.

--

hehe, WoY, a paceri?

haha mhihi.gif

--

i o novom albumu:

Don - Yes, we are working on the new full-length. It’s actually still a little early to get a full idea of what it will sound like. The new material is still similar to The Mantle and there is still some Pale Folklore in there, but there is a definite influence of German and Swedish progressive rock bands like Thule, Landberk, Anekdoten, and Amon Duul II, as well as prog-folk bands like Sand (UK), Simon Finn, and Camus.

itd.. inače, to je sve o novom albumu.. nema previše vesti, ali je više nego ok intervju. a i ova playlista mu je vrlo, vrlo slična mojoj.. čak je i coil tu. i kent icon_smile.gif

orangelistening.gif

Edited by KRANG

JAO!

Kent - Isola, skoro da placem ovih dana kada slusam taj album, narocito jednu posebnu pesmu... Nesto mi se previse cudno desilo... Jbt, najuticajniji su pop bend medju metalcima, nema govora. Cak i ovi iz As I Lay Dying ih obozavaju... Kent i Matodon su isli u isto vreme na Roskilde-u, a oko mene su bili sve metalci na Kent-u, haha!

Vi ska alla en gång dö, sta da kazem...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

vreme za dizanje teme..

da prenesem ovo u celini..

http://www.mp3.com/agalloch/artists/339158/summary.html.

The new song is called "Falling Snow" and it's from their forthcoming album Ashes Against the Grain, which is to be released on The End records later this year. The band have suggested that the new album will have more of a "rock" feel to it, but will still sound like Agalloch.

Judging by this song, I think they've succeeded...and I think Katatonia fans will really like this sound...so I am posting the news here. Enjoy.

(Also note that the song can only be streamed from that site. I heard that it'll be available to download from The End soon.)

u IA maniru?

šta je IA?

pesma je super.

ima neki brave murder day feel na početku.

@kent:

rock ... stfu.

očekivao sam neku eklektiku, a ne ovo. mislim, da ovaj album prati odnos pale f. : mantle = mantle : ovaj album..

a ova pesma je (pale folklor + mantle)/2

"Ashes against the Grain" track listing:

01. Limbs

02. Falling Snow

03. This White Mountain on Which You Will Die

04. Fire Above, Ice Below

05. Not unlike the Waves

06. Our Fortress Is Burning... I

07. Our Fortress Is Burning... II - Bloodbirds

08. Our Fortress Is Burning... III - The Grain

user posted image

Commented vocalist/guitarist John Haughm: "The album sounds distinctively like AGALLOCH but heavier and with elements of pure black metal, folky Scandinavian prog, and a touch of post rock. I was heavily influenced by recordings like THULE's 'Natt' album while writing 'Limbs' and 'Fire Above, Ice Below' and you can definitely hear that sort of brooding darkness in those songs. 'Not unlike the Waves' is easily the heaviest thing we've ever recorded; yet at its foundation it is a neo-folk song. There's also some up-tempo material like 'Falling Snow' and moments of total ambience as well. This is definitely not an album that can be judged by one or two songs. Everything flows together as a dynamic whole and the red thread of the lyrics holds the album together. The lyrics this time unfold as an abstract and surreal folk tale. Although there is a framework of a concept, I wanted to create more of a dreamlike feeling with words than to merely 'tell a story.' My source of inspiration for the lyrics came from the surreal films of Alejandro Jodorowsky, Andrei Tarkovsky, and Sergei Parajanov as well as Northern Folklore and myths, Siberian Vodka, and the crumbling world around us all."