Mastodon

Kent

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

About the writing process for new album:

Brann: "It's a long, arduous process. We've got a skeleton for the whole record and these huge chunks of music four of five differant segments that don't have a beginning or end yet,"..." We're just basiclly in the middle of the record, adding stuff, giving it a taste then adding a little more 'pepper' or 'salt'. Once all the ingredients are in there you have to bake it - which is just playing it over and over again until it feels right. The main goal is to get the songs right so you don't have to think about the time changes - so you can relax with it and play it how it should be played. There's a level of difficulty to our stuff and if you're too wrapped up in trying to remember how many times something goes and the tming for the next riff you can't examine the song for being a song. So it takes a while."

He then talks about how Tool influenced the new album, to an extent.

The song title "The Ghost Of Karilla" is confirmed:

Brann: "I dont want to give the theme away but i think the song title will leave a few people guessing. It's top secret. I cant divulge that information. Its more fun keeping it under wraps but you can be assured that its definetly another Mastodon record which is going to further in a couple of differant directions and the stuff we've written so far is heavier than i expected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MASTODON's cover version of the THREE DOG NIGHT track "One" is currently being used in the ad campaign for the upcoming multiplatform videogame "Army of Two". A trailer for the game featuring the song can be seen if you click

Check out the behind the scenes recording of the song by clicking here

"Army of Two" will arrive in stores on March 6.

MASTODON is tentatively scheduled to enter the studio in the spring to begin recording its follow-up to 2006's "Blood Mountain". A late 2008 release via Warner Bros. Records is expected.

• 1 month later...

Uhh ne znam sta da kazem,brutalan bend.Prvi put kada sam ih cuo odlepio sam,oduvali su me nachisto.Blood Mountain mi je remek delo,savrseni aranzmani i sve,likovi su po meni napravili mini revoluciju na danasnjoj muzickoj sceni...spojili sve chari metala,hardcorepunk-a,stonera,sludge-a,ambientala i kojecega....lupam ali ono sto je recimo bio nekada prvi album RATM je za mene danas Blood Mountain...zakon! Jedva cekam novi album

• 3 weeks later...

Sa sajta http://theprp.com/

Mast O'Brien - wookubus

(7:14 PM PST 05/22/2008)

Mastodon are set to hit the studio immediately to begin recording their new album with producer Brendan O'Brien (Rage Against The Machine, Stone Temple Pilots). More details on the effort, which is expected out later this year through Reprise/Warner, have yet to be released.

Znachi Matt Bayles nece nazalost producirati novi Mastodon,sada tenzija josh vishe raste sa O'Brienom,obzirom da uchestvovao na svim "genijalnim" albumima od devedesetih pa do danas........

Nije svojstveno O'Brienu da producira ovakve bendove poput Mastodon-a ali to bas stvara utisak neizvesnosti koji vas navodi na to da ce sve ispasti na kraju iole interesantno.Pretpostavljam da ova odluka benda da saradjuje sa O'Brienom dosta govori i o tome kako ce zvucati novi album i u kom pravcu se krece bend.Kapiram da ce produkcija biti sirovija nego na prethodnim izdanjima,zvuk gitara nesto umereniji a same pesme jos melodicnije,da ne kazem sa vecom dozom stonera,hard rock-a,ambientala,hardcore-a pa i jazz-a i ostalog.Zivi bili pa videli sto se kaze,haa

Kako god,jedva cekam novi album!

Edited by zombie eater

што се O'Brien-a тиче: Evil Empire = кидање, VS = кидање. симптоматично код њега је да упегла звук бенда а да не звучи штанцовано као Terry Date или Rick Rubin, дакле, свака плоча коју сними има свој специфичан звук а да бенд ништа не губи од идентитета и начина писања песама. коме се то не свиђа нек' иде кући. да.

Hard rock outfit Mastodon is five songs into its next Warner Bros. studio album, which the group is recording in its Atlanta hometown with producer Brendan O'Brien.

Drummer Brann Dailor tells Billboard.com that so far, "everything sounds real creepy and spaced out and different." He's particularly enthused about a 15-minute jam dubbed "The Last Baron," which happily, O'Brien had no interest in making shorter or changing.

"There's so many toys to play with over at his studio, like pipe organs and all this crazy sh*t," says Dailor, who was introduced to O'Brien through Bruce Springsteen drummer Max Weinberg (his son is a big Mastodon fan). "There are little cool things we're going to do to the record that we've been wanting to do for a long time."

Dailor promises the as-yet-untitled album, which should be out before the end of the year, will have the conceptual feel of prior releases "Leviathan" (based around "water") and "Blood Mountain" ("earth"), but he's not ready to get specific just yet.

"I think a lot of people didn't realize 'Blood Mountain' was a concept record," he says. "We made up our own story again this time, but we may try to make it a little more evident that that's what's going on. I like to keep them speculating on our message board. There's no possible way they could guess this."

Among the other tracks tipped to make the cut are "Divinations," which Dailor describes as "a mover and a shaker," and "Oblivion," which he says is "real moody. It feels like the music got a little deeper somehow." He adds that Neurosis singer Scott Kelly may wind up making a guest appearance on the album but that nothing is set in stone yet.

Fans are likely to get a taste of new Mastodon material during the band's set at Bonnaroo next weekend ("We can't wait any longer," Dailor admits). Afterward, Mastodon will return to Atlanta to continue work with O'Brien before embarking on the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem tour July 9 in Seattle.

"I have a feeling like I had before 'Leviathan' came out," Dailor says. "It was like, I was feeling like we're not that band. Everyone thinks we're the band that did 'Remission,' but we're not. We're a new band."