Year: 2009

Album: Divinations (single)

Format: Mp3 VBR ~320 kbps + FLAC

Size: 14,5 / 56,7 Mb

MySpace

Tracklist:

01. Divinations

02. Divinations (Instrumental)

http://rapidshare.com/files/195866800/Mastodon_-_Divinations__single___2009__WWW.MEDIAPORTAL.RU.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/195869101/Mastodon_-_Divinations__single___2009__FLAC_WWW.MEDIAPORTAL.RU.rar

MASTODON RELEASE “CRACK THE SKYE” MARCH 24.
EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION DELUXE PACKAGE AVAILABLE 
ONLINE ONLY STARTING THIS THURSDAY
NEW DEDICATED WEBSITE SET FOR LAUNCH 

MASTODON will release their new album, CRACK THE SKYE on March 24, 2009. However, hardcore fans will have the opportunity to pre-order a very special Deluxe Limited “Tunnel Book” Edition of CRACK THE SKYE online only via the band’s website: www.mastodonrocks.com this Thursday, Feb, 12. 

This super-deluxe version of CRACK THE SKYE will come housed in a hard box case featuring a third dimension worm hole design that will contain exclusive and additional album art by long-time MASTODON artist, Paul Romano. The special package will include the full-length CRACK THE SKYE album on CD, plus a DVD containing The Making of CRACK THE SKYE with photo gallery, Track by Track band commentary and more by director Jimmy Hubbard.

All pre-orders will also receive a 14” x 14” exclusively designed lithograph unavailable anywhere else. Additionally, those who are first to pre-order will receive the lithograph autographed by the band members themselves. These extraordinary packages will be extremely limited and once they are gone, no further editions will be created so don’t delay. Cost of the Deluxe CD + DVD Limited “Tunnel Book” Edition with exclusive litho will be $39.99. This may be the most beautiful and innovative album packaging you’ll see for years to come. 

Shortly thereafter, MASTODON will unveil a new online destination designed to bring fans into direct focus on the upcoming new album, CRACK THE SKYE. www.cracktheskye.org will launch the week of Feb 16, and will compliment its existing sibling location of www.mastodonrocks.com.

The new site will be a flash-based, interactive experience threading fans through an extremely visual, user-controlled cyber journey into the inner sanctum of CRACK THE SKYE. Content will be thematically based on the album’s concepts, artwork, images, lyrics, videos, and its unique packaging through engaging visuals and music from CRACK THE SKYE intended to accompany and enhance the experience of listening to the album in its entirety.

As previously announced, MASTODON will tour Europe with Metallica this summer. In addition, they have been invited to perform as part of the Sonisphere Touring Rock Festival this summer in Europe and the UK with Metallica and more. Go to http://www.sonispherefestivals.com/ for details, dates, etc. 

www.mastodonrocks.com
www.cracktheskye.org

mastodon_CTSd2cLTDEDcover.jpg

CrackTheSkye.com is Now Live 
Visit CrackTheSkye.com now to get pulled through the wormhole into Mastodon's universe. At CrackTheSkye.com you'll experience all things related to the album - Paul Romano's art, song lyrics, "making of" vids, and some surprises! CrackTheSkye.com will live and breath with new content added all the time. Experience it now~

Danas skinuo album i preslusao....uhh sta reci....Super je ali nije bas onako kako sam ocekivao i zamisljao...Elem,iako sve traje 40 i kusur minuta meni deluje prekratko....Pesme jesu u proseku 5,6min ali ipak ja licno ne mogu da odolim utisku da slusam neki EP i zaista imam utisak da se radi samo o 7 pesama koliko ih zapravo i ima....Takodje imam utisak kao da slusam jednu pesmu,stalno ocekujem da ce nesto da me strefi u pojedinim trenucima i bas kada naleti bura za trenutak sve se primiri....i tako ceo album teche....Daleko da je lose ali mi je dosta ujednaceno sve....Jedino bih izdvojio pesmu a ujedno i prvi singl koji se pojavio,Divinations koji gruva za sve pare....

Sto se tice same muzike moje misljenje je da je ovo i previse progresivno za Mastodon,to ne znaci da je lose ali su se previse udaljili od svog zvuka i mislim da ce ovim albumom definitivno steci neke nove fanove...Za one koji jos nisu culi album ne ocekujte nikakvu krljazu poput blood and thunder,crusher destroyer,The Wolf Is Lose itd...vec pesme poput Pendulous Skin recimo samo mnoooogo progresivnije...

Ono sto me je iznenadilo jeste pevanje....momci su se zaista potrudili da izvuku maximum iz sebe na albumu i to zaista zvuci dobro...mnogo vise clean delova nego sto smo navikli....mada iskreno,uzivo to sve zvuci malo traljavo,barem ono sto sam ja cuo...

Inace pesma koja je mogla ranije da se skine u live verziji kao Oblivion je u stvari pesma Quintessence dok je Oblivion nesto sasvim drugo i vrlo iznenadjujuce za takvu jednu pesmu da otvara album....poslusajte sami

Moj favorit je pesma Crack The Skye na kojoj gostuje Scott Kelly iz Neurosisa ako se ne varam....takodje poslusajte sami....

Sve u svemu kao sto sam rekao na pocetku album je dobar ali nije ispunio bas previse moja ocekivanja....Zamisljao sam vise solo delova,vise cvrstih rock riffova a ovako smo dobili jebem li ga,sta znam,neki mix....hmm za trenutke Tool-a,Pelicana,Torche-a i sve to upakovano u najmelodicnije momente koje smo navikli na Blood Mountainu...

Inace overite Cracktheskye.com ludilo!!!!!!!

Edited by zombie eater