Mastodon

Kent

Mastodon’s seventh release is likely to be a double-length album, says guitarist Brent Hinds.

The follow-up to 2014’s Once More ‘Round The Sun will feature one record written entirely by him, plus a second created by bandmates Brann Dailor, Troy Sanders and Bill Kelliher.

Hinds tells Guitar World: “It’s shaping up to be a double album. One is an album I wrote myself and recorded with Brann and Troy during the Once More ‘Round The Sun sessions.

“My part is called Cold Dark Place – it has to do with a nasty breakup that I went through. I wrote some pretty dark, beautiful, spooky, funky, ethereal, melancholy music.”

He adds: “The other guys are writing another album, which I haven’t even heard yet, so I can’t tell you what it sounds like.”

He’s planning to add “some noodly leads here and there” to his colleagues’ work. Meanwhile, Mastodon commence a European tour next month, and Hinds is gearing up for supergroup Giraffe Tongue Orchestra’s live debut at the Reading and Leeds festivals in August.[/font][/color]

ja serovao pre, pre