Mastodon

Kent

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

As for Mastodon's upcoming LP, Kelliher said, "The new record, the stuff I've written is not quite as notey as that [Emperor of Sand]. It's definitely got a more like Neurosis heaviness. Like simplified guitar parts and Brann has been doing a lot of ... He also demos most of the vocal ideas because he always has melodies and stuff like that and he's been singing on a lot of it — at least for the demo purposes.

"The vocals are kind of like an 'Asleep in the Deep' style, kind of Radiohead-ish almost, real melodic," he added. "Just a lot of vocal harmonies. When I think back about it, even though we've got like 20 to 25 songs, we still don't have all of Brent's songs in there yet. And there's still a lot of time for that stuff to change and to morph into other stuff."

• 1 month later...

During a conversation with Louder Sound, Mastodon drummer Brann Dailor talked about the band's new album, which will mark their eight full-length effort and the follow-up to 2017's "Emperor of Sand."

When asked about the musical direction the guys took, Dailor replied:

"It's all over the map. There's some big, big heavy riffs that are happening, so that's what I'm into.

"And then there's some guitar gymnastics by Brent Hinds that have been some of the most difficult things I've tried to wrap my head around and play drums to.

"So there's some super-progginess coming from him, and some really super, pretty moments. But there's some rockers in there, too. There's some heavy, fast stuff as well. But a lot of it is kind-of doomy. But that's where we're at!"

The record is expected to come out in 2021 and will likely include the new song the guys recorded for "Bill & Ted Face the Music." Guitarist Bill Kelliher previously said on The RRBG Podcast:

"It's different than 'Emperor of Sand,' but there's definitely a vibe going on.

"It's definitely got more Neurosis heaviness, simplified guitar parts - and Brann, he always demos most of the vocal ideas because he always has melodies. He's been singing on a lot of it, at least for the demo purposes.

"The vocals are kind of Asleep In The Deep style – kind of Radiohead-ish: real melodic with a lot of vocal harmonies."

Uh, kakva pesmetina. Uspeli su bez imalo problema da u jednoj pesmi pokriju skoro svaki segment onoga što ih čini i dalje vrednim bendom slušanja. Od 3:05 kada kreće da udara bubnjeve kao kovač i iz petnih žila vrišti samo ova reakcija je dovoljna:

The Departed GIFs | Tenor
I ovo nije sa novog albuma već sa nove kompilacije?

Edited by VoivodBG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...