The Mars Volta

BodyRemover

• 1 year later...
Calling T.R.A.M. a Mars Volta side project is, admittedly, a stretch. When I think about the Mars Volta, I think about the two principles…not the dude who plays saxophone and flute in the Volta. That’s who’s in this new band T.R.A.M.

According to a press release, “it’s extremely rare to come across a new band that just flips the script of conventionality, throwing caution to the wind, but the debut effort from T.R.A.M. does just that while blazing a trail of creativity that will quickly turn heads across the world.”

T.R.A.M. consists of Adrian Terrazas, the aforementioned Mars Volta sax, flute, and bass clarinet player, with Animals As Leaders guitarists Javier Reyes and Tosin Abasi and Suicidal Tendencies drummer Eric Moore.

“This is a group of likeminded individuals that are naturally gifted and the collaboration of their unique talents results in something truly amazing,” the press release adds. The band’s debut, Lingua Franca, will drop this May through Sumerian Records.

Says Terrazas: “Tosin Abasi and I were originally introduced by a mutual friend, Raanen Bozzio, last summer. This meeting also served as my first introduction to Animals As Leaders and Javier Reyes. Since then, Abasi, Reyes and I have developed a great relationship. We got together almost every day to try out ideas and after a month we had already formulated a majority of the record. At this point we contacted Eric Moore, an incredible drummer and the most joyful person to be around, and soon everything we had envisioned rhythmically came together on our first meeting/recording session (at the Farias productions studios) on what is now T.R.A.M.”

• 2 weeks later...

T.R.A.M., the new band featuring Adrian Terrazas (THE MARS VOLTA) on saxophone, flute, bass clarinet and percussion, Javier Reyes (ANIMALS AS LEADERS) on guitar, Tosin Abasi (ANIMALS AS LEADERS) on guitar and Eric Moore (SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) on drums, will release its debut album, "Lingua Franca", in May through Sumerian Records.

According to a press release, T.R.A.M. is "a group of likeminded individuals that are naturally gifted and the collaboration of their unique talents results in something truly amazing."

Commented Terrazas: "Tosin Abasi and I were originally introduced by a mutual friend, Raanen Bozzio, last summer. This meeting also served as my first introduction to ANIMALS AS LEADERS and Javier Reyes. Since then, Abasi, Reyes and I have developed a great relationship. We got together almost every day to try out ideas and after a month we had already formulated a majority of the record. At this point we contacted Eric Moore, an incredible drummer and the most joyful person to be around, and soon everything we had envisioned rhythmically came together on our first meeting/recording session (at the Farias productions studios) on what is now T.R.A.M."

He added, "I never know how people will respond to our music, I just never know! My goal is to try to instill a strong feeling or energy in people and I feel that collectively we achieved this goal tenfold with this new project. We all have a great enthusiasm and desire to perform this material live and see this band further develop. We look forward to hearing what you all think of it."

T.R.A.M. made its live debut on March 17 as part of the WSOU 89.5 FM showcase at the South By Southwest festival in Austin, Texas.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Mars Volta - "Noctourniquet" 27. mart 2012 - http://www.themarsvolta.com/splash/

Tracklist:

"The Whip Hand"

"Aegis"

"Dyslexicon"

"Empty Vessels Make the Loudest Sound"

"The Malkin Jewel"

"Lapochka"

"In Absentia"

"Imago"

"Molochwalker"

"Trinkets Pale of Moon"

"Vedemalady"