Post-rock

You know you're a post-rock nut when...

- Your mix CDs only consist of less than six songs.

- When you sing a tune, it usually comes out in gibberish.

- No delay effects pedal = No fun

- You're probably the only person around who can tolerate 5 minutes of static

- Your mates demand that you change to radio after realizing that you're CDs are all instrumentals that go nowhere.

- Any attempt to drag your friends to gigs will have them waiting for an hour for the singing to start

- Your harddrive is full of small unsigned or independant bands from strange countries

- You're in a band that pays homage to either Godspeed or EitS

- Nobody bothers asking you what music you're into anymore

- You feel an overwhelming sense of disappointment when vocals first appear in a track

- Your 30 gig ipod is full at 4000 songs

- Generally, when someone asks you what kind of music you like you say something like "post-rock-post-hardcore-avant-guarde-ambient-fuzz-melancholy-abstract-shit"

- you constantly search for bands off of constellation records

- people stare at you when they ask you what you're listening to

- It bothers you when someone is talking during the quiet parts of your songs.

- When someone asks you for a name for their band and you come up with something like, "The Light dies when the sun sets and lives when the moon shines green".

:)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
PD GIG> Bonnie "Prince" Billy::. SKC, PETAK 20. JUN::.

20. juna u Beogradu (SKC) sviraće “Princ Tame”, nekima poznat kao William "Will" Oldham, drugima možda kao Bonnie "Prince" Billy, a tokom 15-godišnje karijere nastupao je još kao Palace (Music, Brothers, Songs), The Continental Op, Amalgamated Sons of Rest, Superwolf... Na sopstvenu želju dolazi na turneju po Balkanu u okviru koje će posetiti Zagreb, Beograd i Skoplje.

Autor je epskih albuma "I See A Darkness," "Master and Everyone," "Ease Down The Road," "There Is No-One What Will Take Care of You"... Za neke je mesija, za druge inspiracija, za treće pesnik, za četvrte mračnjak, za sve zajedno - jedan i neponovljiv. Muziku koju stvara Bonnie "Prince" Billy teško je definisati jednom rečju i jednim žanrom. Najmanje bi pogrešno bilo ako bi se reklo da je ona u svojoj srži najbliža tradicionalnoj američkoj muzici (kantriju, bluzu i folku), na način kao što je to muzika koju već nekoliko decenija stvaraju Bob Dylan ili Neil Young. Bonnie "Prince" Billy poznat je i po specifičnom načinu snimanja albuma, sviranja uživo i izbora saradnika. Svi njegovi albumi snimaju se uživo, a svako ko učestvuje ima slobodu improvizacije i svaki sešn je jedan i jedinstven.

Tokom poslednje dve godine objavio je studijski album "The Letting Go" kao Bonnie "Prince" Billy, "Superwolf" u saradnji s gitaristom Mattom Sweeneyjem, kao i "The Brave and the Bold" album obrada sa čikaškim post-rock pionirima Tortoise, kompilaciju raritetnih snimaka "Little Lost Blues," album "uživo" "Wilding In The West," kolekciju demo snimaka "Wai Notes" sa Dawn McCarthy, EP sa obradama "Ask Forgiveness", a u maju će se pojaviti i novi studijski album "Lie Down In The Light".

Bonnijevu pesmu "I See A Darkness" obradio je besmrtni Johnny Cash na albumu "American Recordings III: Solitary Man" (2000). Bonnie "Prince" Billy zapažen je i kao glumac u eksperimentalnim/nezavisnim filmovima, a verovatno najpoznatiji naslovi su Matewan, Junebug, Old Joy i The Guatemalan Handshake.

Bonnie "Prince" Billy s pratećim bendom u beogradskom SKC-u nastupa u petak 20. juna

• 4 weeks later...
DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS was formed in Zagreb, Croatia in January of 2004. After the break up of Radio Free Isaac (and prior to that, bands Nikad and Lunar), Neven, Ozren and Saša decided to form a new band and soon invited Ivana to join the band on bass. After the recording of their first album, Slobich replaced Ivana and the line up had been solidified.

During three years, they have frequently toured in support of their highly acclaimed self-titled album and played numerous shows in Croatia and across Europe (Slovenia, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Bosnia and Herzegovina) arousing the interest of many fans with genuine instrumental music that defies easy categorization.

The band recorded and produced their sophomore album Los Dias De Junio in a movie theatre in Zagreb by themselves, with some additional help from their friends. Final mastering has been done by Carl Saff (who has previously worked with We Ragazzi, Small Arms Dealer, Sunburned Hand Of The Man and many others)

Structured in a similar manner as the band's s/t (2004, hmrl003), Los Dias De Junio is full of glorious moments. It is a carefully constructed album with equal parts of minimalist swell and swirling tension of sound providing each instrument in the texture plenty of space.

There is an unspeakable clarity that runs through this record. Mesmerizing subtlety can be heard in aery guitars and lush piano which interweave through the solid and sturdy rhythms. Despite the despodent atmosphere, these nine songs do not appear crestfallen, but provide the sense of ease and placidity with the turbulent undertow.

On this album, DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS manage to condense their established dazzling epic sound into well-defined, focused and concise songs. Hush and serene while being dynamic, but far from sounding pompous or overstuffed, DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS are determined to make you calm and disturbed at the same time. This is no easy feat, but as heard on this album, Neven, Ozren, Saša and Slobich once again pull it off easily and in a successful manner.

dmwt

Los Dias De Junio (2007)

pass:schattenstieg

@Buddho mogao bi da ih dovedes nekom prilikom.

• 2 months later...

ne dovode ih organizatori zato sto kapiraju da ovde nema dovoljno publike za to pa da im se ne isplati...

valjda bi prodali ovde bar jednak broj karata kao u zagrebu da ga jebem, ipak je beograd duplo veci grad...