Black Sabbath

Srki

Hell Yea!!!! BLACK SABBATH - the band credited with creating heavy metal and one of the most influential bands of all time

have announced their widely rumored and highly anticipated reunion for their first Australian shows in nearly 40 years!!!!

Original band members - the Prince of Darkness himself: Ozzy Osbourne, bassist Geezer Butler and guitarist

Tony Iommi will make a thunderous return to Australia in April 2013 in their first Aussie shows since 1974.

Mon 29 Apr & 1 May, simply can't wait!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYBRMNTiDE :muzicar:

"God Is Dead?", a brand new single from BLACK SABBATH, will be made available digitally on April 19. The track, which clocks in at eight minutes and 52 seconds, comes off "13" — the band's first album in 35 years to feature bassist Geeezer Butler, guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne — due out June 11 on Vertigo/Republic. This marks BLACK SABBATH's return to Vertigo, their original label, and the group's first studio album together since 1978's "Never Say Die!"

The drum tracks on the album were laid down by RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE sticksman Brad Wilk following original drummer Bill Ward's decision to bow out of the reunion.

sabbathgodsingle.jpg

Ozzy Osbourne

For the last year and a half I have been drinking and taking drugs. I was in a very dark place and was an asshole to the people I love most, my family. However, I am happy to say that I am now 44 days sober.

Just to set the record straight, Sharon and I are not divorcing. I’m just trying to be a better person.

I would like to apologize to Sharon, my family, my friends and my band mates for my insane behavior during this period………and my fans.

God Bless,

Ozzy

0602537349593_medium.jpg

1. End Of The Beginning (8:07)

2. God Is Dead? (8:54)

3. Loner (5:06)

4. Zeitgeist (4:28)

5. Age Of Reason (7:02)

6. Live Forever (4:49)

7. Damaged Soul (7:43)

8. Dear Father (7:06)

9. Methademic

10. Peace Of Mind

11. Pariah

i komentari jednog novinara koji je dobio da preslusa album

Specific track remarks:

#1 End Of The Beginning (8:07). Too long a track for an opener but otherwise very good. Very heavy. Ozzy’s vocals don’t evoke dragons and knights and the soaring evil of Dio… rather, they have a melodic but, unsettling quality to then. Not operatic bombast, but understated, melodic eeriness. But it works. This is not the uninspired songwriting of those two songs from the Reunion album — this is real songwriting with some good riffs from Iommi. A very good song.

#2 God Is Dead? (8:54). This song slays. Very cool riffing and a good melody line. The B section is evocative of the "Holy In The Sky" riff but it still works really well. This is an excellent song, worthy of standing with anything in the Ozzy catalog (thought it lacks the instant memorability of "Iron Man" or "Paranoid").

#3 Loner (5:06). Sounds a LOT like a heavy, modern-production version of NIB (I even sang 'Oh yeah' after the appropriate riff). Lyrically and mood-wise it mixes in some Johnny Blade. It’s a good song, but not as good as the previous ones.

#4 Zeitgeist (4:28). Mellow, and somewhat evocative of "Planet Caravan". It’s fine, but I anticipate skipping this on CD.

#5 Age Of Reason (7:02). This song kills. My notes (again, scratched in there by keys) are unintelligible. But this one had people pretty fired up.

#6 Live Forever (4:49). Has a "Children Of The Grave" / "Hole In The Sky" feel once again. A good song, if not as ambitious as some of the others.

#7 Damaged Soul (7:43). Very heavy blues. Too bluesy for my tastes. Blues blues and more blues, and when you are done with the blues, it shoves another does of blues up your ass. This is overstated — it’s plenty heavy. It just is too (wait for it) bluesy for my tastes. Others enjoyed it more than me. Still, this is not a throwaway, just not one of my favorites.

#8 Dear Father (7:06). A great song to finish with, again quite heavy with a lot of energy. The B section is the one featured in the video with Rubin telling Ozzy to try again ("… the victims of the sins you devise") The main section is beefier than that part. There is a recurrent tritone riff that is very evocative of the first notes played in the song Black Sabbath. It’s so evocative that one wonders if it’s purposeful… and the riffs appears again at the very end of the song… and then the song ends… with rain… and church bells. Very cool. Very cool indeed.

• Upvote 2