AnaLizator

Jedva chekam! Brisem ih sa harda i iz mozga ako zajebu album, kada su vec Lyncha, genija, spomenuli, morace kako treba i da stoje iza svojih reci!

Nece biti prvi put da neko kada oce da pravi "trtipovanu" muziku pomene Daivd Lyncha , a ono nastane govono. Tako da to sto su pomenuli ovog filmskog reditelja nishta neznachi. Mada kao sto rekoh 1349 nije bend tog kova koji ima dovoljno mesta u svojoj muzici za eksperimentisanje pa sam prilichno skeptichan sto se tiche novog albuma. Ali muzichari su tu da bi nas iznenadili. :D

It’s been four years since ‘Hellfire’…what’s been happening during that time?

ARCHAON (guitars): Oh, a whole lot of things has happened since back then. To start off from there (2005), we undertook the longest European tour we’ve been on so far, together with Gorgoroth. 5 weeks that was, visiting 5 places in Spain (where we had never been before), as well as Portugal. We also performed in France, Germany, UK, Ireland, Scotland, Czech rep, Slovenia, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden + more. 2006 brought a bunch of festivals, followed by a short UK tour together with Enslaved, Zyklon & Insomnium. After that, we visited the US/Canada/Mexico for the first time, as we had the privilege of joining none others than Celtic Frost on their 2006 tour. 2007 saw us being able to headline a 4- week tour in US/Canada together with support acts Goatwhore, Nachtmystium and Averse Sefira, as well as touring the UK for another week. We also played another bunch of festivals, amongst them Wacken Open Air for the 1st time, which of course was an experience. Last year, South by Southwest invited us to perform in the US again, and towards the end of 2008 we had the great honour of joining the legends Carcass on their US/Canada tour. On the bill was also Suffocation, Aborted, Rotten Sound, Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, Pig Destroyer and some other local supports. A great experience for us! This year, we toured the US/Canada again with a couple of songs in the repertoire from our new album, Revelations Of The Black Flame. And, can you believe it, in between here, we’ve also been in the studio recording! So there hasn’t been years of rest, so to speak.

It’s immediately obvious that the new album is very, very different from past 1349 records. What made you change the band’s sound so radically?

ARCHAON: We wanted to show another side of 1349. I mean, there’s only so much of the same one can take before it loses the effect, even if the energy’s still there. So we decided to approach this album with a whole different angle than before, wanting to create a soundtrack for the apocalypse. I believe we succeeded.

Is this a logical progression for you? Do you think the essence of the 1349 sound remains the same??

ARCHAON: One can definitely still hear that it’s 1349, but there’s more variation in the material than ever before. I personally think that this is an illogical step, as logic doesn’t come into priority as such when writing music. Of course, you have the logic sense of what is a well written song, but apart from that, what makes the creative side interesting is that there’s no boundaries to what one can do or can’t do. Revelations… is a very dark album, possibly the darkest one we’ve created so far.

How did Tom G. Warrior become involved in the project? Was that a dream come true for you guys?

ARCHAON: Well, we got in touch with the Celtic Frost guys in 2004, when we first toured Europe with Gorgoroth. We weren’t aware that they were present, and played the song “The Usurper” on the show in Switzerland that night. After the show, the guys came backstage with us and we talked/introduced ourselves. Being a long time- major fan of the band, Ravn kept in touch with Tom which eventually led to them inviting us on the 2006 tour, and to further collaboration. He is a very knowledgeable smart gent Tom, and he definitely had an impact on the album. As a matter of fact, he also guests on bass guitar on the cover of Pink Floyd’s “Set the controls for the heart of the sun”.

What kind of reactions have you received so far regarding the new album?

ARCHAON: People are surprised, no doubt about that. But in a positive way. We’ve only gotten good feedback so far… Maybe people do not dare to say otherwise, ha ha! So far, I’ve seen one review (and that was quick, as the album was available for the press this week!). That was Imhotep `zine from Norway, which was a 5/6. Not bad, huh? Seems the listeners shouldn’t be underrated, as they can listen carefully and capture the magic there after all…

Do you think you will lose some fans and gain new ones too?

ARCHAON: There’s a great chance for that, yes. But to be honest with you, whether it’ll be an album of success or not was not the motivation for us making it. It simply had to turn out that way, as it was how the album created itself. There are some more classical 1349 bits there as well, all mixed in with slower, doomy parts.

Will this material be performed live? If so, will that change the nature of a 1349 gig?

ARCHAON: Of course! We’re not disgraced in any way, nor do we think it lacks standard- it’s just a bit different than blast beats all the way and back, you know what I mean? We’ve already played two songs from it on the US/Canada tour this year, and on the show we’ve done in Norway. That’s all shows so far this year, but there’s more shows coming up where the material will be blended in perfectly with the old catalogue. As a matter of fact, it seems to work miracles in terms of energy onstage.

Could you explain the concept behind the album’s title?

ARCHAON: I’d rather not, as anything that is set before you listen to it yourself might have an effect on your experience. As previously, it’s best if you approach it with your own perception, and read into it what you will. Frost came up with the title, and I instantly liked it- because for me, it rang the bells of 1349 coming back from this four year hiatus, keeping the black flame burning bright. In addition to that, it can symbolize a wide spectre of different things/subjects.

Why does fire have such a massive symbolic and conceptual importance for 1349 and for black metal in general?

ARCHAON: The word is powerful in itself and demands a natural respect. For a great part pf mankind’s time, it has been a vital part of our existence, a source of existence. Fire being one of the four elements, is one that both gives and takes. It can nurture in terms of heat, enlightenment, in terms of life. It divides light/dark. But it can also devour it all in matter of short time.

What are your plans for the rest of 2009? And where do you think the band will go next musically?

ARCHAON: We’ve got a pretty full schedule out the rest of this year. On the live front, we’ve gotten offers for a bunch of festivals, and so far we’ve confirmed one in Czech, three in Germany and one in Norway. We’re also thinking about doing a UK tour again towards the end of the year, and more festivals might be added. So, there’s some live activity throughout the rest of the year. With regards to where we’ll go next musically, I’d say we have to extend all that we’ve done so far. That is, in terms of darkness, aggression, melancholy, spirit- all that makes up a good Black Metal album. I think I may promise you that we won’t disappoint… We don’t usually, do we?

Ja sam se konačno setila da preslušam ovo.

Elem, 1. pesma - u trenutku kad sam je pustila, zvučnici su bili PRILIČNO pojačani. Naježih se skroz. Fenomenalno.

2. pesma ok, a 3. mnogo bolja.

Samo, kao što Gojko reče, mnogo liči na Satyricon. :/ Mislim, nije to loše, ali ono... Imamo Satyricon da pravi pesme u Satyricon fazonu, a 1349 hoćemo u fazonu 1349. xD