Virgin Steele

Glavx

I, utisci?

Meni jedino osta u secanju "By The Hammer Of Zeus". I izgleda da ce biti jedina sa ovog albuma koju cu ponovo pustiti neki put.

DeFeis pocinje da me plasi. :zeleni:

Ja sam već izneo svoje mišljenje i ostajem pri istom, ta i treća eventualno, ostalo... sviranje Zevsovom kurcu.

Reci kako vrišti :lol:

• 1 month later...

Ja sam jednostavno toliko zbunjeno razocaran ovim albumom. Baljezgacu i ja malo, mislio sam da ne, ali moram da olaksam prste, ali pre svegaza recenziju mogu da preporucim ovu sa arhive (prva, 63%), covek je IMHO, sve objasnio.

Ukratko: "Virgin Steele has simply gotten too wrapped up in DeFeis’ own mythos and pretentiousness."

Moj neki (neizbezni) dodatak...pomenuo bih, ponovo, ocajnu produkciju, gde opet DeFeisove ideje dave sve. Ko jebe ostale instrumente, bitno je da se vokal i piano cuju do besvesti, a to sto ja ne mogu vise da pevam ni za kurac, nikom nista. Volem njegov glas, ali danas se ne zna da li je gori studijski ili live. I bas u ovom periodu, odlucio je da na albumu treba da ima milion njegovih vriskova. Dobar deo, vrlo nepotrebni.

Plus, gafovi tipa onaj na 1:30 na Zues&Thor su...kako, sta?! "In A Dream Of Fire" sa onim usilno ubacenim 'fucking'...smejurija.

Gitare opet udavljene... Bilo je toga i na proslom, ali njega je izvlacio jak songwriting, ovde toga nema..ili ima fantasticno slabo. Npr., jedan od sad pointa albuma mi je "The Bread Of Wickedness", ima najzarazniji refren albuma, ali bre zasluzuje daleko jacu strukturu od date...

Mogao bih do sutra da kukam i da idem pesmu po pesmu i sta sve nije u redu, ali...recenzija sa arhiva pokriva bitan deo.

Ovo je jedan od onih albuma koji samo moze da pogorsa utisak na nova slusanja. Mogu samo da se nadam da ce ovo pretenciozno ludilo nekako da popusti DeFeisa do narednog izdanja, ili ako ne, da nece sjebavati vise voljeo mi VS ime vec praviti opere ili sta vec radio do sada. Najvece razocarenje godine za mene.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

SPV/Steamhammer will re-release VIRGIN STEELE's third album, "Noble Savage", on April 18 in Europe and May 17 in North America. This re-release comes with 19 bonus tracks, 12 of them previously unreleased. And since 1986, it will be available for the first time again on vinyl.

Commented VIRGIN STEELE frontman David DeFeis, "'Noble Savage' is an extremely important album in the history of VIRGIN STEELE. It was a major accomplishment for us at the time that it was recorded, and an immensely satisfying recording that I feel still holds up quite well today. It was the most focused, most well recorded, written and performed album we had done up to that point in our career. For me it is really our first album."

This is also the first album where the current musical style of the band can be said to be found fully manifested, containing grandiose compositions with a multilayered keyboard sound and more sophisticated arrangements than heard before on previous albums.

"Noble Savage" has become one of the most popular VIRGIN STEELE albums and it includes the songs "We Rule the Night" and "Noble Savage", which the band still plays in concert.

"Noble Savage" track listing:

Double digipak, including new booklet with rare photos and new liner notes by David DeFeis

CD 1

01. We Rule The Night

02. I'm On Fire

03. Thy Kingdom Come

04. Image Of A Faun At Twilight (instrumental)

05. Noble Savage

06. Fight Tooth And Nail

07. The Evil In her Eyes

08. Rock Me

09. Don't Close Your Eyes

10. The Angel Of Light

11. Obession (It Burns For You) (bonus track)

12. Love And Death (bonus track)

13. Where Are You Running To (bonus track)

14. Come On And Love Me (bonus track)

15. The Spirit Of Steele (bonus track)

16. The Pyre of Kings (instrumental) (bonus track)

CD 2 - Extra Noble Ingredients

01. To The Devil A Daughter (previously unreleased)

02. God Of Violence Kill (previously unreleased)

03. Viking (previously unreleased)

04. Ase's Death (instrumental) (previously unreleased)

05. Bitches From Hell (previously unreleased)

06. Fight Tooth And Nail (Roman Sword Re-Mix) (bonus track)

07. Tales From The Hammer (previously unreleased)

08. We Rule The Night (live pre-production rehearsal) (previously unreleased)

09. I'm On Fire (live pre-production rehearsal) (previously unreleased)

10. Fight Tooth And Nail (live pre-production rehearsal) (previously unreleased)

11. Rock Me (live pre-production rehearsal) (previously unreleased)

12. We Rule The Night (Bigger gongs&Bombs early rough mix version) (previously unreleased)

13. Noble Savage (Flanging To Eternity early rough mix version) (previously unreleased)

Radujem se ovim bonusima :] Ali original bih ipak pojurio u...originalnom izdanju.

• 1 month later...

Za ovu "To The Devil A Daughter" mogu da se zakunem, po zvuku, da je iz nekog "The Book Of Burning" vremena. Gods recimo sa kraja '80s, Viking malo later, "Bitches"...jebem li ga, mozda isto neka Book/early 2000's sesija.

Anyhow, uglavnom nista specijalno materijal, no "God Of Violence Kill" je bas dobra, mogla je da se preradi malo, da se uredi tekst i izbaci sa nekim regularnim materijalom, bolja od bilo cega na Bakanaliji. Jedino je onaj vrisak na samom kraju strasno iritirajuci (verovatno Gro na to misli).

A ne znam i sto su pesme sa razilicitih sesija strpali bas na NS reizdanje, tj. enigma sto ih nisu lepo raspodelili gde treba...

Pa oni su vec reizdali dosta albuma pre 2-3 godine, ne znam dali tada i "Noble Savage"", ali vrlo verovatno, a jedino objasnjenje za ovo sada mogu izvuci iz onog spoken bonusa drazesnog za Bakanaliju, gde ga David naziva nesto tipa "definitivne VS" albumom. Nesto se uspalio na njega pod stare dane...

Kako god, da, nisu cisti sa potezima lately.

• 7 months later...

SPV/Steamhammer will re-release VIRGIN STEELE's "Age Of Consent" album on November 28. This 2CD digipak reissue comes with bonus tracks, five of them previously unreleased, and a massive booklet with new liner notes and previously unseen photos. It will also be made available in vinyl for the first time since 1988.

I ovo je izgleda novi video :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QSSrAuLoxY&feature=player_embedded

Taj video ima mesecima, i ako se ne varam za 2-3 pesme su uradili taj "kolaz".

Anyhow, pre neki dan opet slusah Bahanaliju, album je presao iz lose u ljuto lose. Najgori album benda i najgori album koji posedujem na polici.

I da, ako neko nadje rerelease Age-a, daj da se overe te nove pesme, sa Noblea uopste ne behu lose.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mnogo me bune bonusi sa ova dva reizdanja, intrigira me kad su napisani/snimljeni. Nesto kao da je od pre 10 godina, nesto kao da je sa Bahanalija sesija. Jos kada se skupe sve zajedno, ispada jedno sasvim solidno albumce. "Breach Of Lease" bolja od bilo cega sa poslednjeg.

A, ako ne gresim, opet re-odradise staru Exorcist pesmu("The Curse").

SPV/Steamhammer will re-release VIRGIN STEELE's "Life Among The Ruins" on June 18 in Europe and July 17 in North America. This two-CD digipak reissue comes with massive bonus tracks and a huge booklet with new liner notes and previously unseen photos by the band's lead singer, David DeFeis.

VIRGIN STEELE's fifth full-length studio album, "Life Among The Ruins" was originally released in 1993 and was the band's first album to feature bassist Rob DeMartino, who replaced Joe O'Reilly, retired from the scene.

Commented DeFeis: "This 2012 version will be in digipak form and contain not one but two discs with a large amount of extra ingredients. On the first disc, we include five rare and unvarnished acoustic recordings, plus a full band bonus track. On disc 2, we have included 20 tracks. These tracks consist of a large amount of newly recorded material completed just this week, as well as alternate mixes of some of the album's original tracks. And, in addition, we have also included a never-released track from somewhere around that period of time. All the material has been remastered, and the package will feature copious liner notes, photos and unique packaging."

virginlifereissuetracklisting.jpg

• 1 month later...

U.S. power metallers VIRGIN STEELE are recording their new album for a tentatively late 2012 release. According to vocalist David DeFeis, the band is also recording the various bonus tracks that will be made available with the upcoming reissues of the group's catalog. David says, "We are really working on what will be the next three albums, because there are quite a lot of songs. We are trying to capture everything as the inspiration comes. As regards what the new album will be all about, I prefer to wait a bit to give you more information, as I am still writing, and I am waiting to see how the latest music develops. Once I know exactly what tracks it will contain, I will then be in a better position to describe it to you. But I can tell you that at the moment there are three different… let's call them 'song cycles' or song collections. Two of them could be conceived as conceptual, while the third consists of separate unrelated material. We are essentially trying to record everything before committing completely to what we will release first. It will all come out… it's just a question of what will be first."