Antimatter

• 3 months later...

Aj i ovde da postujem ovo..

Duncan Patterson has announced his departure from ANTIMATTER shortly before the release of the group's new album, "Planetary Confinement" (out July 26). He will concentrate on his new project, ION. Details of ION, DEATHCAP, and all other related projects can be found at the umbrella site DuncanPatterson.tk. As for ANTIMATTER, Mick Moss will continue the project with a new album for 2006, entitled "Leaving Eden", featuring ANATHEMA's Daniel Cavanagh.

Duncan had the following to say regarding his departure from ANTIMATTER: "I have decided that 'Planetary Confinement' is to be my departing ANTIMATTER album. This is for my own personal reasons, and nothing to do with anyone else. Feel free to gossip and start rumours though, it will help us sell more CDs and that.

"Good luck to Mick, and thanks to the many people who have helped and supported us for the past seven years. I'm moving on with a new project ION, for which I have a deal with Equilibrium Music. Anyone who is interested in my future releases etc. can check www.duncanpatterson.com for regularly updated news."

Later this year, Antimatter.tk will release a four-track virtual video EP recorded before a live audience during ANTIMATTER's 2003 tour. Tracks featured are "The Last Laugh", "Over Your Shoulder", "Going Nowhere/Destiny" and "Empty".

"Planetary Confinement" will be released on July 26 by The End Records (U.S.) and Prophecy Productions (rest of the worls). To download sample track "Legions", visit Antimatter.tk.

• 1 month later...

aaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuu

kakav album, ne verujem!!

oduševljen sam.

ubedljivo najbolji antimatter do sada. našao sam i zanimljiv review sada (ray van horn je u pitanju), pa da ga postujem ovde:

Antimatter

Planetary Confinement

The End Records

Ray Van Horn, Jr.

Rating: 5/5

If soft, soothing music intimidates you as a metal fan, then you’re not really metal at all. Threaten to kill my cat for that remark if it makes you feel better, but one day it’ll dawn upon you, especially when you least expect it, that metal isn’t all about skullcrushing riffs, nearly incomprehensible speed and angry throat scrapes. Sure, it’s a wonderful release as a soundtrack to one’s inevitable frustration with life and trust me, I’ve been there and still feel various frustrations more pertinent to being 35 than I had at age 17, but let me tell you something about Antimatter’s Planetary Confinement… With nary a single ounce of metal to be found on this album, it’s one of the most metal albums I’ve heard this year.

Antimatter is the brainchild of ex-Anathema Duncan Patterson and his partner-in-crime, Michael Moss. Together they create separate compositions that soothe within their detached songs’ inner conflicts, and their crisp acoustics make Planetary Confinement an ultimately comforting corner to hang your head in, or at least find empathy.

Comparisons to Portishead and Radiohead have cropped up around this duo and in many ways it’s true. Primarily acoustic-driven, Planetary Confinement also utilizes soothing electronic elements ala Radiohead and Air, especially on Duncan Patterson’s “Relapse” “Eternity Part 24,” or his groovy cover of Trouble’s “Mr. White.” On some of Patterson’s songs, the innocuous vocals of Amelie Festa luxuriate them in the same way Harriet York did for The Sundays.

However, the thing that really sparkles on this album is the melancholic and heartfelt acoustic moodscapes created on songs like “Line of Fire,” “Legions” and Michael Moss’ brilliant “A Portrait of the Young Man As an Artist,” which calls to mind so many Old Master portraits in song it’s cheeky despite its overt despondence. At times Moss sounds like Peter Murphy, an appropriate inspiration to such far-flung music.

Metal is a state of mind, not an outright façade. Metal makes us feel good, yes, and sometimes it’s therapeutic to rage along with some bestial form of aggression, but as far as music that cleanses with its depressive structure, Planetary Confinement is a soul wash that is more welcome than a neck-spraining headbang any day.

tako.. rekao je čovek sve (tj. nije rekao ništa, ali ništa više i nije potrebno reći), pa da ne habam tastaturu uzalud.

Edited by KRANG

mossove pesme sa ovog albuma su nesto najbolje sto je ikada nastalo pod imenom antimatter, ali duncanove se nikako ne uklapaju. nisu lose, niti je pevacica losa, ali mossove emocije su ubile duncanov minimalizam nacisto. album deluje kompaktno koliko snesko belic u avgustu. duncan je trebalo lepo ove stvari sacuva za ion, a ne da rusi koncepciju onoga sto se moglo pretvoriti u cistu genijalnost. posle ovog albuma se i radujem sto odlazi iz benda, jer verujem da ce naredni, sa dannyem ponovo, da bude kreativno=emotivni vrhunac njihove karijere. ovako lights out ostaje #1... za sada.

ne slažem se..

mislim da si malo potcenio duncanove pesme. ne da nisu loše, nego su fenomenalne.

a kompaktnost i ne treba tražiti u ovom albumu.

prava reč je konflikt. ceo mossov album bi bio odličan, ali ovako svaka pesma još više dolazi do izražaja.. isto tako i za duncanove pesme. ovako, kada su jedna naspram druge, ceo album deluje prosto nestvarno!

meni 3 klase ispred lights out-a.

i jeste, definitivno odlazi duncan, i uopšte mi nije drago zbog toga. danny je dosadan, i ne volim ga ni malo.-

nisam potcenio duncana, on mi je jedan od omiljenih songwritera, tvorac nekih meni najemotivnijih pesama ever.

stvar je u tome sto su duncove stvari letargicne, a mossove jako emotivne... u principu, ja nemam nista protiv toga, narocito kad dolazi od strane nekog kranky izdanja, ali ovde ne ide, pa ne ide. kao kada bih napravio neku kompilaciju najboljih stvari katatonije i the dead texana i pomesao ih. nije to nikakav konflikt. i riba definitivno nije dorasla zadatku, najvise utice na letargiju (ovoga puta u negativnom smislu). michelle i hayley su je pojeli.

4/5 moja ocena, lights out je bio 4.5/5.

• 2 weeks later...

nisam zadovoljan.

cinjenica je da je moss zreliji a da se dunc smorio, i sve vreme prolazi kroz album to toplo-hladno, tj. moss-dunc, sto malo izbacuje iz takta (nervira).

ceo album se moze svesti na razblazene far away i eternity part III akusticne verzije.

svidja mi se text za a portrait of a young man as an artist

cinjenica je da je moss zreliji a da se dunc smorio

ovo za duncan-a

u prvo vreme sam mislio da nije, ali sto vise slusam album sticem neki slican utisak, kao da je samo odjebao pesme, ne bukvalno ali nesto slicno. Ipak, mnogo mi je zao sto odlazi iz benda (mada je on vec navikao na to;)

posle ovog albuma se i radujem sto odlazi iz benda, jer verujem da ce naredni, sa dannyem ponovo, da bude kreativno=emotivni vrhunac njihove karijere

ovo sam nekako preskocio

dakle, kao sto rekoh, meni je stvarno zao sto on odlazi ali je cinjenica da ce se danny i moss dosta bolje uklopiti na sledecem jer su nemerljivo srodniji od prethodne kombinacije, cini mi se da ce to biti san snova

duncan nekako i jeste za samostalan rad

Edited by marcoman

• 2 weeks later...

album je ipak nešto bolji kada se slušaju razdvojeno mossove i duncanove pesme.. laugh.gif ali, ni slučajno se ne slažem da su duncanove pesme lošije!

eh. .i imate na antimatter.tk 4 akustična live videa da skinete.

odlični su!

da ponovim: PC - jedan od najboljih albuma ove godine!

Edited by KRANG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ANTIMATTER Finsih Writing Fourth Album 'Leaving Eden'

ANTIMATTER's Mick Moss has recently wrapped up the writing for the group's fourth album, entitled "Leaving Eden". A tentative track listing is as follows:

01. Leaving Eden

02. The Freak Show

03. Another Face In A Window

04. Ghosts

05. Fighting For A Lost Cause

06. Redemption

07. Conspire

08. The Immaculate Misconception

09. Too Late

Recording should take place sometime in spring 2006 at Studio 33 ("Planetary Confinement"). Confirmed guest musicians on the CD include Danny Cavanagh (ANATHEMA) and Chris Phillips (drums; "Planetary Confinement").

Check www.antimatter.tk where there is still a free four-track live video available for download, including full artwork to print off. "Antimatter 06 06 03" was filmed during their 2003 tour and features live acoustic renditions of "The Last Laugh", "Going Nowhere/Destiny", "In Stone" and "Empty".

In July of 2005 the band released to rave reviews "Planetary Confinement", an mesmerizing and stripped-down collection of songs that further extended the band's emotional journey of sorrow and pain. Around the same time of the release date founding member Duncan Patterson (ex-ANATHEMA) decided leave the band to pursue his solo project ION.