Sinstrel

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

White Wolf Publishing has released the first new game in the Vampire: The Masquerade series in a decade. Called Vampire The Masquerade: We Eat Blood, it’s joined by a sister title, Mage The Ascension: Refuge. Both are pieces of interactive fiction, “inspired by choose your own adventure books” says a press release issued today. They are available on Android and iOS from Asmodee Digital, and on Windows PC.

“In Vampire The Masquerade: We Eat Blood you’re a young artist who wakes up at night to find you’re no longer human,” reads a statement. “Told entirely through an innovative mobile messaging perspective, We Eat Blood is a sharp, mature, and terrifying story about your first nights as unwilling predator and prey.”

Edited by VoivodBG

• 10 months later...

Skoro sam skinuo Gog verziju igre i ponovo sam krenuo da je pikam. Iako je ostarila grafički i ima i dalje bagova, čak iako su mnogi prepeglani od strane fanova, ovo je jedna od neverovatnih igara koju ne treba zaboraviti. Đavolski je zabavno što može toliko puta da se odigra i da ne dosadi.

Elem, kopao sam po internetu informacije o igri i našao interesantan intervju sa tipom koji je radio originalni OST:

Rik Schaffer: Hello everyone. Ask anything. Q: This has been probably asked a lot, but was the similarity between the VTM: Bloodlines Theme and Massive Attack's Angel intentional? Rik Schaffer: Yep. When I started the project, that was the placeholder track they had in for like a year. They were married to it, but couldn't get the rights. They said make something similar. I hate copying artists, but made it kind of my own. Q: Do you prefer composing music traditionally , while playing instruments, or do you do it digitally right now? Rik Schaffer: I don't write music or read music. Self taught. Everything starts in my head, then the guitar and piano are enemies until I find it. With the atmosphere compositions, those were started on synths or non traditional instruments. Q: What do you think of poems based on gameplay from games? What music should go with it? Say if it is based on Bloodlines? Rik Schaffer: Poems of Bloodlines and Vampires? Dark, brooding, sexual, but not Count Chocula. Q: If you could... Would you make new music to Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines? Like adding new musical scores to diverse [sic] the current amazing music already in the game? / Did you use any music samples when making the soundtrack? Rik Schaffer: I couldn't. That music wasn't even a game score. It was an album. I'm not that guy, or in that place anymore. I was broke, living on a couch, out of rehab and jail and living in Hollywood. Basically a character of the game. Q: What's your favorite track from Bloodlines? I was listening to the Chinatown theme earlier.. so good! Rik Schaffer: Hollywood Hub, wrote it a day after being released from jail. I was in the worst depression of my life, it captured it. Q: What was the inspiration for Santa Monica theme track? First part is kind the night itself, mood and mysterious, and second part makes you crap your pants because it's so scary and strange? Rik Schaffer: SM theme - Started on a Fender electric Rhodes piano with that sample riff, watching the game I realized it needed to evolve from a simple sparse "jazz" to evil. Q: Besides the opening theme, did you have any other influences on the soundtrack? Some years ago I could swear I heard something familiar, but I've of course forgotten what it was now. Rik Schaffer: Influences: The Omen soundtrack, Fight Club score, Pink Floyd, substances.I've worked on 140 games in 20 years, either scoring, sfx design or voice over. Lots of VO. Bloodlines is in the top 3 ever. Q: Have you played the game? What's your favorite clan? Rik Schaffer: I liked the class that were schizo and talk off. My wife voiced some of those in the game. Yes, Malks. Q: How is living in Hollywood for you? Did you capture your own thoughts on the district in Hollywood theme? Rik Schaffer: I moved out of Hollywood in 2004 to a peaceful suburb in the Valley. My wife was pregnant and we didn't want to raise kids in Hollywood. Plus the temptations for me. Q: Your wife's lucky. I'd love to get into voice acting and work on something like this. Rik Schaffer: My wife was the casting director for Bloodlines and tons of other games. We do more VO gigs than anything else these days. Q: Do you think you're done with video game music? Would it have to be something special to bring you back? Rik Schaffer: I'm done composing because I can't beat Bloodlines. As an artist I found writing was fresh and I was edgy and prolific again. If my screenplay gets sold, I'll score it. Or if Bloodlines two or something similar came up, but even then I'm not a depressed down and out twenty five year old... I've been approached by a number of "Vampire" type projects over the years. Q: What did you do to go to jail? Rik Schaffer: The drug dealers are the real bloodsuckers. Q: Do you agree that the best things come up the creative minds while being in a low? In the worst moments of life? Rik Schaffer: I started using drugs as a young guitar player when I was touring. Thinking all my heroes did it and I needed it to get to that place. But I found being in a depression and having life throw curveballs at you makes creativity flow. I write on weed sometimes, but primarily I think THE MOST important thing is to be born with a surreal mind that generates creative ideas. Sometimes I want to stop my mind, but I am blessed it creates. Thanks again everyone. Take care and create!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

We and our partner Bigben Games are proud to announce that the partnership with Paradox Interactive will be extended and that a new Vampire: The Masquerade game is in development!

Developed by Big Bad Wolf, creators of the episodic adventure game The Council, the game aims to define a new genre: the narrative RPG, inspired by the rules of the tabletop roleplaying game.

The studio will share more information at Gamescom in August! To get all the latest news visit the official Facebook page.

• 2 weeks later...