Communic

Kent

Nebitno, jasno mi je sve, ali mi je glupo da se posle svega jednog preslusavanja dijele komentari, sto je ovdje cesto uobicajena praksa. Ne znam koja je svrha toga. No, vratimo se Communic-u :bigblue:

Izgleda da je ono shishanje uticalo na Stensland-a, pa je s gubitkom kose, izgubljena i prava kreativnost za novi album :)

Nebitno, jasno mi je sve, ali mi je glupo da se posle svega jednog preslusavanja dijele komentari, sto je ovdje cesto uobicajena praksa.

Ja vec oguglao na to. I izjave kojima se ljudi razbacuju nakon prvog dana slusanja, tipa album godine, album decenije... Vreme sve pokaze, ja se na to bar navikao zbog rada u Butcherianu, kako je ipak cinjenica da danas 90% albuma nije vredno duzeg slusanja od perioda par meseci-godinu dana max. Ali sta ces, dolaze novi albumi, i ide to tako :meshuggah:

A sad Communic. Ne mogu mnogo o albumu, nisam ga jos ni jednom do kraja preslusao, ali ovaj zvuk bubnja, neka idu u pakao i oni i ko je izmislio ovakvku produkciju. Sinteticki do zla boga, kao da ga ne svira covek. Uzasan i napadan sempl, los zvuk cinela, dobos katastrofa... Moze to biti moderno koliko god, ali to jednostavno nije to. Ista formula kao sa proslog albuma.

Razocaran sam albumom. Pokusavaju da zvuce svjeze, ali to mi je sve nekako na silu. Produkcija dobra kao i uvijek, ali pjesme su za zaborav i nema prakticno jedne koja se istice. Svijetlih momenata ima, ali to je nedovoljno da bi se dao pozitivan utisak, pogotovo kad znamo kako su im dobra ranija izdanja.

I ja sam imao taj problem sa "pamtljivoshcu" pesama na prva dva-tri slushanja, jer sam od celog albuma "zapazio" samo prvu i poslednju i to zbog heavier riffova i headbang delova(moj vrat odma' detektuje povoljne prilike :mrgreen: ). Ali evo, bash sam "silovao" album ova dva dana, shto doma, shto na slushkama, i sve vishe mi ulazi u ushi, "Unpredictables Of Life" ima bash do jaja refren, "Becoming Of Man" isto ima dobrih pevljivih deonica..i tak' te dve i dve prepomenute mi medj' boljim, definitivno slabiji od prethodnoh, al' svejedno, fin metal album za slushanje. Suma sumaru, ja zadovoljan.

Beh...rekoh ajd da sačekam malo da se album "slegne" u mojim ušima, dao mu priliku, 3 ili 4 slušanja, i, koliko se čini, zaključio isto što i većina - prosek. Posle dva remek dela izuzetno čvrstog, mračnog ali i melanholično-melodičnog metala, logično je bilo da su očekivanja od trećeg ostvarenja velika. Čini se da su momci u toj želji da nadmaše prva dva albuma i - sagoreli (rečeno sportskom terminologijom). No, album će se slušati još, ima tu dobrih delova naravno, ali čini se da nema zadovoljavajućeg vezivnog tkiva.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Norwegian metallers COMMUNIC are putting the finishing touches on the material for the follow-up to 2008's "Payment Of Existence". The band is planning to start the recording process in early 2011 for a tentative June 2011 release via Nuclear Blast Records.

Comments frontman Oddleif Stensland: "I am really excited about this new material that we have put together for this new album. There is still some work left, but we are getting closer. I think the heaviness of these songs will surprise many of you, and the overall feeling of it, is way darker this time. The songs are shorter, more in your face and may seem straightforward at first, but there are many twists and turns that will just creep under your skin. This album is DEEP!

"I know that many of you have been waiting for this album for a long time already, but everything has its time, and the time is now. Never before have I left so much of 'myself' in our songs — never before has the price been so high — this album will be really special."

• 5 months later...

Norwegian metallers COMMUNIC will release their new album, "The Bottom Deep", in Europe on July 22 via Nuclear Blast Records. According to a press release, the band's music "includes many elements from various metal genres. Their grasp for variety of power, melody, and intelligent lyrics with a highly progressive musical approach made COMMUNIC one of the best newcomers for years!"

"The Bottom Deep" track listing:

01. Facing Tomorrow

02. Denial

03. Flood River Blood

04. Voyage Of Discovery

05. In Silence With My Scars

06. My Fallen

07. Destroyer Of Bloodlines

08. Wayward Soul

09. The Bottom Deep

10. In Union We Stand (bonus track)

Commented guitarist/mainman Oddleif Stensland: "Writing and recording this album has been an amazing — but strange experience. This time we took control over the production ourselves, resulting in a more honest- and organic-sounding album. Never before have I put so much of my own personal influence and privacy into the lyrics and songs as this time.

"Right now I have a mixed feeling of fear and total excitement as we release the artwork and track listing for this new album. Now there is no return. To open myself this way, exposing my deepest and inner thoughts, in a way I have never done before. It's kinda strange, as it feels like these words and songs came from a part of me that I didn't know about. This is 'The Bottom Deep'. This is the album that I never in my life thought I had to write — but now I know, this will be a totem in my life — forever!"

Dan Swanö, who mastered the album, said: "It was pure pleasure to work with these guys. The mix was excellent to start with, so I finally had the opportunity to work with gentle strokes rather than the big roller that I sometimes have to use to shape up not-so-good mixes. Musically, I enjoyed it very much. It's not easy to label their music (which is good). If I had to mention something, I get that amazing 'epic' vibe of QUEENSRŸCHE '84-'88. They definitely add something to the family of progressive metal"

The CD's artwork was created by Eliran Kantor, who had the following to say about the effort: "The first draft of the lyrics from Oddleif made it clear that this is going to be a very personal, dark and vulnerable record — and I wanted the cover to reflect that. The vulture, nature's version of the grim reaper, caresses the dying man, casting a shadow reveling its true intentions and reason for this last visit. I put a lot of myself into this artwork, and I think it turned out great"

communicartwork2011.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Iz prva bih se i ja slozio sa Siljegovcaninom, a i doduse sada, "My Fallen" najbolja od novih pesama, bas ubedljivo, a "In Union We Stand" mi ulazi u top10 metal obrada ikada odradjenih. Stvarno su ga lepo smestili u 'novo ruho'. Elem, rekoh iz prva, zato sto i meni ostatak materijala malo razvuceniji bio, ali, kao i sa proslim, da se sve svariti, samo valja biti strpljiv i bices nevermorasto nagradjen :]

Ukratko, tu mi je negde sa proslim, opet ima malo nepotrebnih teranja u nigde i don't know here I was and where I am going delova, zvuk opet mutniji...ne znam vise da li da mislim da li ih je kristalnost Wavesa usrala ili sta...kako god, ostaje mi ultimativni Communic album.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...