Jon Oliva's Pain

Angelystor

Mozda sam trebao ovo da stavim i na Savatage temu,ali ajde...

Jon, you do know that there's a lot of your fans, a lot of SAVATAGE fans who wonder what's going on with SAVATAGE...

Jon Oliva: "You know, I'm glad you asked that because I can put that whole thing to rest. There's nothing going on. The situation is very simple. You've got the TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA which is a multi-platinum, selling 30,000 tickets a night, band that is actually SAVATAGE with a different name and different singers, that has become successful. And you've got SAVATAGE which has a loyal core audience that is a lot smaller. You're talking worldwide about maybe a couple hundred thousand people where you know, I'm sitting here, talking to you on the phone, looking at my wall and I've got five platinum albums and not one of them says SAVATAGE. And that's not saying anything bad about SAVATAGE. We all loved SAVATAGE but we gave SAVATAGE its chance to get to the level where it was supposed to get to and it never did, for whatever reasons, you know — we had tragedies, everything like that. But to me SAVATAGE was never SAVATAGE after Criss died. All these other lineups of the band that people heard from 'Edge Of Thorns' (1993, Atlantic Records) on, to me was more like TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA actually than SAVATAGE. 'Dead Winter Dead' (1995, Atlantic Records), 'Handful Of Rain' (1994, Atlantic Records), 'The Wake Of Magellan' (1998, Atlantic Records)... those were the albums that spawned the TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA. Because we knew we had that sound, especially with 'Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12-24' and going in SAVATAGE we were getting no sales and no interest! People don't understand that whether they want to accept it or not, it is a business. I have mouths to feed, I have a family, I have bills just like everybody else and it's kind of asinine for people to sit there and argue with me about why I'm not doing SAVATAGE when SAVATAGE never made us any money. I mean we spent far more money of our own, keeping the band together and putting the band on the road than we ever earned. And we did that for a long time! A lot of bands would have cashed it in after 3-4 years of not making any money. We kept the band together for 15-20 years without making any money! And it just got to the point where it was like well, what do you do? Do you go play a club in Greece for 2,000 people or do you play Madison Square Garden in New York for 25,000 people?"

Mislim da vam je otprilike jasno...Savatage is no more. :no:

Dok ne dodju mudre glave..evo ja se javljam

Pa nije ljiga..al podobra je muzika..ja mnogo volem "Bethoven's Last Night"(a i dugo vremena mi je taj cover stajao na desktopu hehe)...mjuza je Christmas Orchestral Savatagely Rock :) ..sad ga ja izlupah..al stvarno mene podseca na Savatage..na DWD npr(Sarajevo jelte), a i tu je Olivin vokal i pijanino..ima i Orkestra a i dosta su vezani za Bozicne teme a i tad su im turneje...jed'no sto stvarno ne bih to trpao u neki metal kosh..

Kako clanovi Tankarda placaju racune kada sviraju za 300 ljudi u Srbiji (mnogo manje para nego 2000 u Grckoj).

Iz prostog razloga sto im to nije posao od kog zive, nego hobi. Ljudi vole da sviraju muziku i to je to.

• 2 weeks later...

Svi na glasanje na LEGACY da dovedu Jon Oliva's Pain. Em rade svoje stvari sa svoja dva albuma (koja su bruka dobra!) do starih Savatage stvari....

Znaci AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hocu taj koncert vise nego leba da jedem!!!!!

IPB Image

THE KING ! :wub::veseli:

Edited by ZmYchE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Drummer Christopher Kinder of JON OLIVA'S PAIN, the band led by SAVATAGE mastermind Jon Oliva, has issued the following update:

"Now that the spring touring is finally in the can, we thought it was time to update you with some detailed info on JON OLIVA'S PAIN [album] #3...coming soon to a store near you! Actually it will be January/February 2008, but that's not really that far off. For JON OLIVA'S PAIN, the record has to be delivered by late October so we don't really have much time to dick around before we begin the high-energy, comedy-filled recording sessions we all live for... (Frode, leave your evil twin in Norway...hehehe).

"Now before we get into the actual record, we'll fill you in on some of our plans for this CD. AFM has picked up the option for the next release. In other words, we must have sold enough records to put some cash in AFM's pockets so they'll try another one with us and see if we can raise the roof even higher this time. We are thrilled to be working with them once again. They believed in the band, and the music and they did their jobs. It is a win-win for everyone, including the fans.

"So in light of that development, Oliva wanted to raise the bar with the packaging of the new disc. We have no say over the number of different releases or decisions that the label has the rights to. What we can do is try to bring something fresh and give you the fans every reason possible to go out and buy JON OLIVA'S PAIN's music.

'We have decided on a multi-media presentation that should blow everyone's minds. Sorry, we can't give you the sorted details just yet, but if memory serves us right we can only think of one other band that has ever done what we are going to do for all of you. We will say this....there will be plenty of studio footage available for your viewing pleasure as well. It is our sincere intention to bring as much of the recording experience to you as possible. Anyone who has had the chance to witness one of our sessions knows exactly what we are talking about... it's simply priceless and we could easily make a hit reality TV show out of it!... It's that funny!

"Now the CD: We have settled on a sort of 'theme' and are awaiting the official OK from AFM. It's not a concept record (yikes!) but each song will tell a story that binds it all together. It's going to be a very dark presentation! Oliva is not a happy man, and he is going to write all about it. Expect some of the darkest lyrics he has ever written, but the messages are important and real! Experimenting musically a bit more on this record seems logical for us. We all have a great many ideas to add to Oliva's already brilliant songwriting, and we are purposely going to look at anything and everything we can to make these songs as interesting as possible. Oliva's music will always sound like Oliva... so no matter what crazy idea or sound we come up with, the end result will never be sacrificed.

"We are working on a 10-minute opening opus that will clearly set the tone for the rest of the CD. Currently we have 15 working titles, more Criss Oliva riffs to add and massive amounts of arrangments left to do. But the framework is there, and tonight Oliva, Kevin and I will begin the daunting task of sifting through everything we have so far... chopping, dicing, and mixing whatever is necessary to achieve another 60 minutes of magic... as best we can. You are going to hear some things from Oliva that you probably never heard before. But that is the genius of his writing skills....he is finding new ways to incorporate different elements but always managing to preserve his unique style.

"Matt and Zahner will probably begin working with us again later this week. Pre-production at Audio should officially commence in the next month or so and once we have the final arrangements and basic recordings, Kevin and I will begin preparing to cut our tracks sometime in July or early August.

"JON OLIVA'S PAIN dealt with a lot of unnecessary turmoil and anxiety during the first few weeks of the recording of 'Maniacal Renderings'. We will never put ourselves in that position again. Rothney and I want ample time to come up with the best performances we can... because we know it's not going to be easy matching or beating 'Maniacal Renderings'... but we sure are going to try!"

Lepe vesti...a evo sada bash slusham MRs...i josh uvek mi je dobar, no ne kao pre..sad bih mu mozda dao 8/10 recimo heh..ima tu mnogo jakih pesama ala naslovnica, time to die, timeless flight (jedna od najboljih Olivinih pesama - ever!)..ali ima tu i mesta za napredak josh, dakle..imam visoka ochekivanja za novi album

• 4 months later...