Suffocation

Baja Car

JEbote gledao sam neki snimak sada. Majko moja ja bolji bend uzivo nisam video jos posebno sto je ovo snimanon sa ameterskom kamerom. Brate oni ljudi nisu normalni, postava je ista kao sto je bila na Effigy-u. Otkinuli su znaci ja ne mogu da verujem, da neko moze da zvuci toliko bolje nego na albumu... Strasno. Novi cilj u mom zivotu je da moram da ih odgledam uzivo.

Ehh kada bi sve bilo do mene icon_smile.gif to bi bilo najlepse. Nije to bas tako jednostavno... Al ajd ako bude neka turneje pokusacemo nesto da smislimo. Mada opet ovde ako bi doslo 300 ljudi upucaj me.

Voleo bih da dodje 350 ljudi....ali ne da bi koncert uspeo....vec da bih mogao da te ubijem icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gifviolent.gifviolent.gifviolent.gif

laugh.gif

Pa jeste kada bi doslo 350.ljudi mogla bi jedva da se izvuce nula, ali dobro. Videcemo sta planiraju za sledecu turneju, pa cemo ih rado dovesti. A to garantujem da bi im bio najbolji koncert ikada. JEr mi Srbi ne da nismo normalni nego katastrofa :)hahahhaha, to bi bilo izginuce.

A na ovom koncertu koji sam gledao brate znaci nema lose pesme. Znate kako su odsvirali Torn Into Enthralment i Infecting the crypt jebem li ti lebac... Katastrofa kakav bend uzivo neverovatno. A Doug Cerito svira neku motku od gitare znaci smesniju gitaru nisam video, ali kako ono zvuci katastrfa. Znaci ono je doktor za gitaru, onaj je doktorirao.....

Gledao sam gomilu koncerata na dvd-ima i divxovima, bolje od ovog nisam video.

Pa jeste kada bi doslo 350.ljudi mogla bi jedva da se izvuce nula, ali dobro. Videcemo sta planiraju za sledecu turneju, pa cemo ih rado dovesti. A to garantujem da bi im bio najbolji koncert ikada. JEr mi Srbi ne da nismo normalni nego katastrofa :)hahahhaha, to bi bilo izginuce.

A na ovom koncertu koji sam gledao brate znaci nema lose pesme. Znate kako su odsvirali Torn Into Enthralment i Infecting the crypt jebem li ti lebac... Katastrofa kakav bend uzivo neverovatno. A Doug Cerito svira neku motku od gitare znaci smesniju gitaru nisam video, ali kako ono zvuci katastrfa. Znaci ono je doktor za gitaru, onaj je doktorirao.....

Gledao sam gomilu koncerata na dvd-ima i divxovima, bolje od ovog nisam video.

A to je neki kocert sa prosle turneje???

P.S. Macabre i Mortician sledece godine idu na evropsku turneju....bolje njih dovedi icon_da.gificon_wink.gif

pivopije.gif

Pa ako vec spominjes Mortician, sto ne bi doveo Incantation icon_mrgreen.gif

Sto se tice sufokacije, nema sanse za tih 350 ljudi. Ustvari ima, ali da jedno vreme ovde uopste ne bude Metal koncerata, pa da ljudi navale, kao na Desaster i Holy Moses. To ti je mozda dobitna kombinacija.

To je iz 98.neki snimak. A mortician i macabre idu na turneju pa brate ko to slusa ovda? Ja bih rado da se to dovede, ali na to bi doslo 100-150ljudi, tako da koncert sigurno puca. NA zalost....

Kako to mislis ko to slusa???? Pa ja slusam....meni je to dovoljno icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Ajd' uzdravlje pivopije.gif

• 2 months later...

SUFFOCATION Announce New Album Title, Confirm FEAR FACTORY Tour

New York death metal legends SUFFOCATION have posted the following message on their official web site:

"SUFFOCATION will be touring the U.S. in November alongside FEAR FACTORY, HYPOCRISY and DECAPITATED. The dates are now being worked on and will be updated on our site as well as our MySpace profile, as soon as they are finalized. On another note we fully intend to have the new album out in time to coincide with the upcoming tour schedule. As for the DVD you fans have been asking for, it is not forgotten, it will follow the release of the album. All focus at this point has to be towards writing the best music we can for the new album which will be entitled 'Suffocation'. After 17 years in existence, we believe its due time. If it is possible to release the album and DVD at the same time, that will be the absolute goal."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SUFFOCATION Begin Recording New Album

Legendary death metallers SUFFOCATION have begun tracking their new album. The self-titled CD is being recorded at Full Force Studios in Long Island, NY for a September 2006 release via Relapse Records. Additionally, SUFFOCATION have enlisted tattoo artist JonZig from Skingraver Tattoo Studio in Austin, TX to create the album's artwork.

• 2 weeks later...

ANGELMEAT fanzin vise nece izlaziti. 6-7 intervjua je odradjeno za treci broj i steta je da ne budu objavljeni. Na temama ostalih bendova koji su bili planirani za #3 mozete procitati intervju sa nekima od njih. Intervjui su sad malo bajati jer su radjeni pre 2 godine ali mislim da nisu manje interesantni. Pogledajte teme: Suffocation, Severe Torture, Ophiolatry, Gutted, Haemorrhage, Putridity, Gospel of the Horns.

SUFFOCATION (USA) - Intervju dao Mike Smith (bubanj)

Hello Mike, welcome back! I was really happy when I heard that you returned to band since you have always been one of my favorite drummers. What is the feeling to be again part of such killer and one of the most influential metal bands and do thousands of such boring interviews like this one, ha ha.

Well of course the feeling is great to be back with band, but as an original Suffocation member you’re always a Member of Suffocation. During the time I left the band I certainly couldn’t hide or deny the fact of who I was from friends and fans so it has always been a part of my everyday existence.

Although it was announced as original members reunion, obviously it’s not completely original line up. Why did Josh Baron leave the band again? What was reaction of Doug Cerrito to reunion of band? Have you heard about his reaction to ‘Souls To Deny’?

Josh was forced to leave because he is a career drug abuser, his actions would definitely be the weakest point of a strong foundation. Doug Cerritto never responded to the offer to reunite so I can’t say what his reaction was. Through the grapevine I hear he is surprised by the turnout of Souls To Deny, I can only assume he was under the impression the band couldn’t go on without him, but I’m sure opinions have changed. We are stronger now than ever.

What is status of Derek Boyer and Guy Marchais in the band since you said that Chris Richards and other replacements were just fill in members? Anyway how did you choose Derek and Guy?

They are both doing well and holding their position as if they appreciate the opportunity, which is more than I can say for past fill-ins. I didn’t personally choose to go with Derek Boyer first off myself, Terrance and Frank weren’t familiar with him. It was Guy who submitted his name to us so we gave him a shot and saw promise in his enthusiasm to be a part of the reunion. That was the important factor, finding one who would appreciate the position without abusing it or weakening the effort.

What was actually reason for splitting up? How much did departure of Dave Culross exert influence on decision of band to split up? I heard that guys were tired of line up changes and rehearsing again and again the same old songs.

The band was a watered down version that didn’t get along well enough to succeed any further. Dave Culross had nothing to do with any decisions of Suffocation nor did any other fill-in member. There were plenty of drummers who could have taken a turn.

After release of ‘Despise The Sun’ we could read some announcements for new album. Band had about 6 new songs prepared for 4th full length when they split up. Are songs from ‘Souls To Deny’ brand new or you included some older ideas? Did Doug contribute to any of new songs and did he make any problem about copyrights for songs he composed?

All the songs on the new album are new creations, maybe a rhythm or two were stored from the past that were suitable to use. Doug contributed to no material on the new material, as for copyright issues with Doug there were no problems to arise.

‘Souls To Deny’ was certainly long awaited album. Do you have impression that it fulfilled extremely high expectations of fans worldwide? I don’t think that death metal fans have been so impatiently waiting for any other album in last 10 years.

I think so. What we were aiming to prove was that we still had the same skill we left with and possess all of the traits we’ve always used in our writing style. As for what the fans may expected it to sound like was not our concern. We knew that if we felt comfortable with the end results the fans would understand our intentions.

Musically it has elements of all previous Suffocation releases. Can you say something about lyrics? Why did you name it (album) that way? I found interesting title ‘Demise Of Clone’. Wasn’t that also the title of your rap project?

Frank could elaborate best on the lyrics except on ‘Demise of the Clone’ which I wrote. We named the title ‘Souls to Deny’ because all of our career we’ve been denied by those running the business, once we have reached where we are aiming for there will be a swarm of souls who will be denied. Those who held us and the scene back from success will be the first to feel it.

Who is Keith DeVito? How does it look when someone outside band writes lyrics for you? Do you give him music first or any kind of directions?

Keith is a long time friend of the band, he is our tour manager as well when we tour in the states. It wasn’t my decision to have him write any lyrics for us, I didn’t feel we needed any assistance. If I were Frank it wouldn’t have happened. Terrance felt he owed Keith the opportunity which only Terrance could explain. The music was written first for the record.

I like cover of Seagrave a lot (actually I like all your cover artworks except Despise The Sun). Did you give him any instruction for any of his paintings or he was free to do it the way he wants? How much does it cost to get his painting for cover of album?

No one in the band like the Despise cover except for Cerritto. Despise was considered his project, which made it easier for the band to disband soon after the release. The art on this album was submitted to Seagrave with full intent and direction as to what we wanted form their he put his twist on it which has always worked well for us. It costs a few grand to obtain his services.

Opening riff from ‘To Weep Once More’ reminds me a lot of the riff from ‘Jesus Wept’. Is there any connection between these songs?

We intended for the new song “To weep once more” to be a continuation of the song “Jesus Wept” that is why it is familiar. If Jesus were alive today he would be weeping for sure.

Have you thought about rerecording song ‘Human Waste’ on ‘Souls To Deny’, since you have done it on previous albums with all other older songs, previously recorded on ‘Reincremated’ demo and ‘Human Waste’ EP? Do you have such plan for some of next releases?

No we haven’t considered it. We prefer to keep the past the past this time around unless we decide to re-record a good version of the Breeding the

Spawn album.

‘Pierced From Within’ version of song ‘Breeding The Spawn’ sounds great. Have you thought about recording that album again?

Yep, when time permits. Maybe we’ll add it on our DVD when we start putting that together.

Why did ‘Breeding The Spawn’ have such sound? I think that it totally ruined music? How was it possible that such killer combination

(Morrisound Studios/ Scott Burns/ Suffocation) gave such bad product? If I’m not wrong it also led to your departure from band? Were you in touch with band and their music after your departure?

Breeding the Spawn wasn’t recorded with Scott Burns or Morrisound. It was done by a no-name engineer that Roadrunner felt was worthy to record our follow-up album. They were good for holding down the progress of death metal. That is the main reason why it was an easy decision to leave. I could have always contacted the members if I felt a needed too, but at that time there was no need. I needed to focus on making a real living and making some money that early death metal wasn’t providing.

Drumming on this album is faster than it was before your departure. How did you manage to stay in condition? Did you play in some metal bands after departure from Suffocation? You were involved in rap project but you said that you didn’t listen to rap music. How is it to play something you don’t like specially after such band as Suffocation?

Deleting drugs from my life mixed with a natural talent to drum made it possible for me to return without much problem. Every thing I do from work to play is physical so I’m not a candidate to grow fat and weak. I’m stronger and more capable now than I was when I was young and reckless. I didn’t play any metal when I wasn’t in Suffocation. I did a solo Rock/rap project “Grimm real which combined the elements of both the underground rap and death metal scene. I don’t need to loyally listen to any certain form of music to create my version of that form, that is a trait Suffocation has always lived by that keeps us infinitely original. Listen to less, write more. More musicians should try it.

What kind of music are you listening to? Many big bands don’t wear t-shirts of new bands and keep saying that they don’t listen to new acts but only to same old bands they used to listen to back in 80’s. I think that’s bullshit, because it’s impossible to listen only to same old shit for 20-30 years. You’ll get bored one day no matter how good that music was. Still you are wearing shirts of Disgorge for example. How close are you to younger bands? Do you watch shows of local supports at your gigs?

I wouldn’t say it’s bullshit. The bands of today can never compare to the originality and diversity that the bands of the early 90’s had. It bores me more trying to sift through the swarm of bands that are out now who are following the same exact format. As for what kind of music I am listening to, I can honestly say I don’t listen to much music these days. We are at a point now where we need to concentrate on writing another album, during this time I listen to no music. This enables me to work from within with no outside influence which has always worked in the past.

Many bands (like Deicide, Malevolent Creation etc.) said that it was big mistake to sign for Roadrunner. Back in beginning of 90’s, Nuclear Blast and Roadrunner were more supportive to death metal but it showed up that they were supportive just because it was trend and they wanted money. Do you think that there was any other fair and honest label that could make these bands (including Suffocation) so big? Do you think that scene actually needed those hypocrites?

At that time in the early 90’s those labels were important, the scene was too young to be picky about label opportunities. It was in your interest to sign with them or spend the next ten years trying to find something else in comparison willing to gamble on death metal. Earache was another label that was willing to put time and effort behind a new scene.

Have you thought about taking part at some tribute album? I heard that band supposed to do cover of Slayer before they split up. Which song did they pick up and why haven’t they recorded it?

I’ve never heard anything about a Slayer cover.

I have some live audio and video recordings of Suffocation (like 3-song “Live Statenisland USA 15.11.1991”) and I know that many fans (including myself) are spending hours and hours watching those bad sound recordings. Is there any chance that you release official live album or DVD some day?

We definitely intend to release a live album or

DVD sometime in early 2005. We are gathering the footage we need during these tours to make something worth watching.

What are your impressions about tour with Morbid Angel? Do you think that there was place for such band as Satyricon on that tour?

The tour with Morbid was great on all aspects. Satyricon definitely had its place on that tour. It’s good to add foreign acts to a US bill. It brings diversity and new fans to all involved.

How much have you been touring lately? Can you do it now for a living?

Since the reunion we have been touring extensively.

At the moment I am doing it now for a living but it takes careful money management. Spend foolishly and you will be back at the old 9to5.

Is there any chance that we see you some day here in Serbia or some neighbor Eastern Europe

country (which are very poor and hardly can afford to pay regular price of your show)? Vader played about 1-2 months ago mini tour through Balkan lands for lower price than usual, as a kind of gift to their fans. Is there any chance that you do some similar thing?

I’m sure if there is a reasonable request from promoters in Serbia we will play there. It is very expensive to travel and coordinate shows when we are asked to just fly in and out. It’s not necessarily what the band is asking for to play that prevents such appearances. Plane tickets, lodging, transportation and equipment rental are all high expense issues that some promoters just can not handle to pay to make a show possible.

What can we expect from Suffocation in next 2 years?

A steady assault on the world through touring, and a few more quality releases for the fans. Full length, live album, DVD and videos to support if the label cooperates.

I’ve been big fan of Suffocation for more than decade so I have thousands of questions for you. Maybe I should stop bothering you. Thanks for interview. Message to fans in Serbia.

Thank you for the support, we hope to destroy the clubs around your area soon. Peace till……………………………………………… We arrive!

www.suffocation.us

copyrights ANGELMEAT zine

Legendary death metallers SUFFOCATION have posted the following message on their official web site:

"We are happy to announce the completion of our new self titled-album, 'Suffocation'. We are anxious for it to hit the streets and are expecting an early September release date. We are confident with the outcome and look forward to the upcoming tours that will be scheduled to support it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ljuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudi!!!!!!!!!!

Ne ce te ve ro va ti!!!!!

Ja sam osto' bez jebenog texta!

4 Japanke , da devojchice , u srednjoj shkoli u Japanu sviraju u nekoj shkolskoj sali SUFFOCATION - Infecting The Crypts

Ovo je ne vidjeno kako su odsvirale kao SUFFOCATION!!!

Evo ga link!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...d=680812152&n=2

ovo morate da vidite!!!

Ko prezhivi prichace!!!

pivopije.gif

Edited by Possessed

Drummer Mike Smith commented on the new album: "We never feared our abilities; what we fear is the ability of the industry to finally take the scene to the level it should be, in the forefront of all that is extreme. The kids are starving for music made from the heart."

"Suffocation" track listing:

01. Oblivion

02. Abomination Reborn

03. Redemption

04. Bind Torture Kill

05. Inis Concieved

06. Translucent Patterns of Delirium

07. Creed of the Infidel

08. Regret

09. Entrails of You

10. The End of Ends

11. Prelude to Repulsion*

* re-recording (original version appeared on 1992's "Breeding the Spawn")

kent faking vejt icon_rockdevil.gif