Savage Circus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

SAVAGE CIRCUS members Jens Karlsson (vocals), Emil Norberg (lead guitar) and Piet Sielck (guitar, bass, backing vocals) has issued the following statement:

"After all it's time for some good news again. SAVAGE CIRCUS is happy to present our new official drummer, Mr. Mike Terrana. Known from great bands like AXEL RUDI PELL, RAGE, YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN and MASTERPLAN not only to the metal community, Mike is a versatile artist with a very unique style of his own. Exactly this style along with his great character makes the MIGHTY TROLL a perfect match. Mike, welcome aboard!

"But that's not all! After being our unofficial bass guitarist for over a year it is more than due to make Yenz Leaonhardt an official member, too. This has been in our heads for a long time, but being lazy bastards we never came up with an announcement. Yenz is known from playing with or in bands like LACRIMOSA, KINGDOME COME, STORMWARRIOR and IRON SAVIOR. Needless to say that Yenz is a great person. Yenz, welcome aboard officially!

"Now with the completion of the CIRCUS we are ready for action again. Work on the new record runs at full throttle and release is scheduled for early 2008 followed by various live performances.

"All of us are totally happy about this great lineup, which already brings so much energy to the band."

SAVAGE CIRCUS' current lineup:

Jens Carlsson (lead vocals)

Emil Norberg (guitar)

Piet Sielck (guitar, backing vocals)

Yenz Leonhardt (bass guitar, backing vocals)

Mike Terrana (drums, percussion)

hm...e sad me bas zanima kako ce Terana da izvede da svira i sa Masterplanom i sa Axel Rudi Pellom i sa SCom, a sve su aktivni bendovi i live i studijski..

• 1 year later...

Savage Circus News

not really one overall reason for this absence; it’s more or less a combination of smaller and bigger things in the life of the individual band members. But there’s been one thing for sure, that struck all of us at the same time: the separation from Thomen. This hit us right in the middle of the first songwriting process for the follow up album and – as you may imagine – was not really a boost to our creativity. This had to be “digested” for a while…

While “digesting” in Umea, Sweden a lot of things did happen. Jens and Emilio got involved in the annual House Of Metal Festival (where SC played in 2007). This is quite a lot of stuff to take care for and indeed is time consuming. Yet another quite time consuming activity can be reported from Jens: he built a house! And nevertheless Emilio has encountered the maybe by far most time consuming thing in the world: the man got married! Congratulations and welcome to the club!

But also in Hamburg time moved on. In early 2006 my 3rd (!) daughter was given birth and she’s just sweet as honey. By now she is 3 years old and started kindergarten in October 2008. This finally gave me back the time I needed so bad to finish up my songwriting for SC! In the year before it has been my job to take care of the little one during the day… I thought, songwriting is best at night, so no problem. Unfortunately I forgot, how much energy such a little thing draws from you. Those of you with kids of their own know, what I am talking about. So this whole thing turned into a more or less unplanned Sabbath year for little Piet. The only thing I managed to do was to play 2 US shows with my other band Iron Savior (check www.iron-savior.com for more details on this) and to come up with a handful of riffs and melodies for the SC songwriting.

At this point the whole band would like to thank all of you for your patience big time. And your patience shall be rewarded! We are in the final process of the songwriting and a good 90% of the songs are finished and ready to get recorded. But it will get even better: while I am writing this, Jens and Emilio have already started to record vocals on the first song. Once they are finished, we will load the thing up as we did with “Evil Eyes” as a proof of life. By the end of the month you can check out for yourself, if the new stuff can match up with Dreamland Manor. Official production start is scheduled for April, where Mike will lay down the drum tracks. After that it will be Yenz turn to record the bass guitar. Guitars, vocals, keyboards and backing vocals will follow. We are in good hope to start with the final mix down in early summer. The release is scheduled for late summer/early autumn. The whole band is highly motivated to keep this schedule, because we strongly believe in this album. The songwriting turned out to be really strong and powerful. See (or better listen) for yourself and check out the SC page for the exact date of the teaser song release.

Well, that’s all for the moment. We promise to keep the page just a little bit more updated than in the past 5 million years.

All the best to all of you!

Emilio, Jens, Mike, Yenz and Pie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

SAVAGE CIRCUS, the multinational project featuring Jens Karlsson (vocals; PERSUADER), Emil Norberg (lead guitar; PERSUADER), Piet Sielck (guitar, bass, backing vocals; IRON SAVIOR) and Mike Terrana (drums; AXEL RUDI PELL, RAGE, YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN, MASTERPLAN), will release its long-awaited second album, "Of Doom And Death", on October 23 via Dockyard 1 Records. According to a press release, the follow-up to 2005's "Dreamland Manor""shows all trademarks of [its predecessor]. Progressive and powerfulsongwriting combined with elaborate arrangements, tons of melodies andharmonies, raging guitars rounded up with the trademark vocals toweringon the music. From speed monsters such as the title track, 'Of Doom And Death', to the majestic 'Ballad Of Susan', SAVAGE CIRCUS created an album with all the varieties one would expect and beyond.

"Of Doom And Death" track listing:

01. Of Doom And Death

02. The Ordeal

03. Devil's Spawn

04. Chasing The Rainbow

05. Empire

06. Ballad Of Susan

07. Legend Of Leto II

08. From The Ashes

09. Dreamland

savcirc_doom.jpg

• 1 month later...

Iskreno receno, ja i nisam ocekivao neku veliku stilsku promenu, iako je Thomena zamenio Mike, mislim zasto bi menjali kada valja ... pre bih ocekivao neku promenu u zvuku Persuader-a. Kad smo kod istog, sad njihov novi album, pa zajednicka turnjea SC/Persuader .. i da Jens i Emil padnu u nesvest od muke i napora :meshuggah:

Iskreno receno, ja i nisam ocekivao neku veliku stilsku promenu, iako je Thomena zamenio Mike, mislim zasto bi menjali kada valja ... pre bih ocekivao neku promenu u zvuku Persuader-a. Kad smo kod istog, sad njihov novi album, pa zajednicka turnjea SC/Persuader .. i da Jens i Emil padnu u nesvest od muke i napora :meshuggah:

U, da da, extra ta dva benda na zajedničkoj turneji bi bila extra pogodak pa nek oni crknu od umora, i mi ćemo:)