Celtic Frost

RNA

Па, сад, како се узме. Можда су му они променили мишљење за Hellhammer. То би свакако био позитиван утицај.

Зависи какав звук преферираш. Ја волим све њихове албуме, са малим изузетком "Cold Lake". И он има добру музику, али су певање, текстови и имиџ били управо ужасни. Мој омиљени је "Vanity/Nemesis".

Наравно, и "Tragic Serenades" и "Into The Pandemonium". Можда ће овај други бити мало тежак за слушање, али је добар албум, врло експерименталан.

• 2 weeks later...

Не сери да су вратили стари лого? Ово ће да буде један гадан повратак кроз време. И омот је скроз као Coroner.

Шта фали омоту, одличан је!

@RNA: Немој прерано да се радујеш, негде сам прочитао да је Том хтео да стави нови лого, али да је Мартин инсистирао на старом.

Edited by Гласник смрти

Ма, и оно CF из "Vanity/Nemesis" периода и са реиздања ради посао што се мене тиче, али је лепо видети овај заборављени лого.

Замисли шта би било да неко натера Тома и он пристане да реоформи Hellhammer?

Можда су из беса стварно и урадили тако нешто. Ако ништа друго, ето идеје за неке грајнд ектремисте... icon_mrgreen.gif

• 3 weeks later...

CELTIC FROST Part Ways With Guitarist

Seminal avant-garde metal pioneers CELTIC FROST have posted the following message on their official web site:

"CELTIC FROST and Erol Unala have chosen separate paths on the verge of the release of their new album, titled 'Monotheist'. Unala, a longtime collaborator in APOLLYON SUN with CELTIC FROST founding member Tom Gabriel Fischer, has been a crucial factor in the renaissance of Swiss avant-garde extreme metal band, CELTIC FROST.

"The necessity of this sacrifice became evident during the creation of 'Monotheist'. The obligation to his biological family, the responsibility he took on as a patriarch, has led him to lose sight of this family in spirit. We should not blame him. But we did. We have failed to lead him back to the fold, and this lost son did not find his way home. Proof of his creativity will always remain with us in the form of 'Monotheist', though.

"The greater the sacrifice, the more the loss will be felt. This responsibility is ours. Although the separation has lit the pyre and the smoke is rising, we all feel bound by the code of honor that our past decrees.

"Will our God accept this offering?

"Only death is real!"

• 3 weeks later...

Timo Isoaho has filed the following report:

There's a sign outside the old church in Berlin saying "Today: CELTIC FROST listening session." I would call that dark humor, no question about that.

Inside the God's temple, there's whole bunch of European metal journalists waiting to hear the long-awaited new effort by CELTIC FROST. Most of the journalists look excited; it's clear that this isn't "typical" listening session at all. No, it's the new and long-awaited album by Switzerland's finest. I am excited, too, as CELTIC FROST has been one of my favorite groups since the mid-Eighties. Everybody knows that the band evolved from HELLHAMMER's grim black metal to CELTIC FROST's avantgardism ("Into the Pandemonium") and later even hard/glam rock ("Cold Lake"). So, after all these years, what should I expect from the new album "Monotheist"? Well, I have heard the demo track "Ground" but otherwise, I have no clue.

Some minutes later, CELTIC FROST's Tom Gabriel Fischer and Martin Eric Ain enter this devoted place of God. With the dark make-up around his eyes, Tom looks calm and mysterious. He decides to stay in the shadows by the side when bearded Martin rises on the shrine and start talking. The next few minutes, he tells us about the process of making the new album and lyrical concept (there's a fascination with death, for sure!). Suddenly, the bass player is gone and the first track "Progeny" starts pounding from the PA after we have been given hymn-book (with CELTIC FROST's new lyrics on the pages of it). Over hour later, the album expires with "Winter (Requiem, Chapter Three: Finale)".

Well, it's difficult to describe exhaustively, but some things... The sound of the album is absolutely massive but at the same time, very raw. Most black metal bands can only dream of getting a sound like this. Guitars and bass are extremely, and I truly mean extremely, sharp and heavy. Now and then during the album you are able to hear some fateful gothic influences and moody female vocalists and even legendary "UHH!" screams too. Most of the tracks are really slow, menacing doom metal. Or in this case, maybe term "doomed metal" describes the sound even better. However, there's some really fast parts too. And the riffs are just punishing, Tom's vocals vary from magnificent death metal grunts to something utterly beautiful, and the whole atmosphere just takes the listener into the pure darkness. And it's a haunting feeling! This is as close as you can get total death in musical terms...

Some newer bands that could be mentioned in the same sentence as new CELTIC FROST might be TYPE O NEGATIVE (when they are at their heaviest and most atmospheric), MY DYING BRIDE and even NEUROSIS plus SUNNO))). And maybe a group like FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM too. None of those are not like this, not even close, but there's slight similarities here and there.

One thing is for certain: the album is not similar to anything this band has released earlier. As Martin tells me later, "We don't want to look back. When we were creating this album, we didn't listen to the old albums and think like, 'Hey, there's cool riff in 'Procreation (Of The Wicked)', let's use that" or 'Circle Of The Tyrants' is great, let's write another track like that.' No way. This is new CELTIC FROST."

Later that afternoon, it's great to notice that Tom is really satisfied with the new album. Of course, bands are always satisfied with their latest release (or at least they pretend to be) but it's easy to sense that there's no bullshit going on this time. No, he is seriously proud of Monotheist". But he already has new plans.

"It's my goal to make the next record even heavier and gloomier," he points out.

"If that's possible..." is my reply.

"Yes it is," he says assuredly.

What about live shows? What tracks are we going to hear?

"Of course, some new tracks and then older ones from 'Morbid Tales', 'To Mega Therion' and 'Into The Pandemonium'," Tom reveals. "We don't play anything from 'Cold Lake' or 'Vanity/Nemesis' as they are not 'real' CELTIC FROST albums. And maybe it's time to play 'Triumph Of Death' by HELLHAMMER. We will see."

S obzirom s kojim bendovima se poredi novi Frost..ne ochekujem ama bash nishta.

Some newer bands that could be mentioned in the same sentence as new CELTIC FROST might be TYPE O NEGATIVE (when they are at their heaviest and most atmospheric), MY DYING BRIDE and even NEUROSIS plus SUNNO))). And maybe a group like FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM too. None of those are not like this, not even close, but there's slight similarities here and there.

najjaci deo..

What about live shows? What tracks are we going to hear?

"Of course, some new tracks and then older ones from 'Morbid Tales', 'To Mega Therion' and 'Into The Pandemonium'," Tom reveals. "We don't play anything from 'Cold Lake' or 'Vanity/Nemesis' as they are not 'real' CELTIC FROST albums. And maybe it's time to play 'Triumph Of Death' by HELLHAMMER. We will see."

S obzirom s kojim bendovima se poredi novi Frost..ne ochekujem ama bash nishta.

До јаја, уживо свирају само прва три албума. icon_rockdevil.gificon_rockdevil.gificon_rockdevil.gif

То је срање. И не знам како може да тврди да ''Vanity/Nemesis'' није прави Celtic Frost албум? Мени је он прави логичан наставак "Into The Pandemonium" са малим освртом на прочлост.