Space Eater

RNA

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/showreview.aspx?reviewID=2079

Anyone else think "SPACE HEATER" when they read SPACE EATER? Neither here nor there I know. What you stand to find out is something that thus far many have completely overlooked since SPACE EATER doesn't have a hype machine behind it, the kind of machine that churns out so much, often hollow, praise for "retro" thrash acts. "After Shock" is one of the best pure thrash metal albums released in 2010; not because of original songwriting or stylistic genius, but rather that SPACE EATER does what it does exceedingly well and leaves you gasping for air after the final notes have been played.

Not residents of the Bay Area nor inhabitants of Canadian or German thrash metal breeding grounds, the members of SPACE EATER call Serbia home, making the story that much more interesting. Where the rubber hits the road is the music and "After Shock" is a front-to-back barn burner in that respect. The tempo is set to "high speed" on opener "Say Your Prayers" and pretty much stays that way for the duration. Buzzsawing riffs, clanging bass, and galloping rhythms are tightly wound into breakneck speedsters that are reminiscent at times of FLOTSAM AND JETSAM's classic early works and more often as though VIO-LENCE and TOXIK mutated into a dangerously new and utterly catchy form of thrash species. This is some furious stuff to be sure.

The vocals are noteworthy both for the style and the man delivering them, as vocal tracks from the late Boško Radišiæ, who died in a fire, were taken from 2009 demo recordings. His enunciation and frantic, yet precise and decipherable lines have just as much to do with the impact made on "After Shock" and are one reason for the TOXIK comparisons. As it turns out, the two tracks with vocals from guitarist Luka Matkoviæ — "Anti-Psychiatry" with its memorable gang shout chorus and semi-tech thrasher "Relationshit" — are the two of the best on the album, although the margins are thin since you'll not find a chink in the armor of any of these songs. That "Relationshit" closes the album could be indicative of a future expansion of the band's sound with its MEGADETH-like riff structures and vocal patterns mixed with the fundamentals established on the previous tracks. It's different enough to be notable, yet not so much as to seem out of place. It's a great way to end a great thrash metal album. Seek out "After Shock". You can actually believe the hype this time.

- Scott Alisoglu

Rating: 8.5

• Upvote 1

http://www.roadrunne...x?reviewID=2079

Anyone else think "SPACE HEATER" when they read SPACE EATER? Neither here nor there I know. What you stand to find out is something that thus far many have completely overlooked since SPACE EATER doesn't have a hype machine behind it, the kind of machine that churns out so much, often hollow, praise for "retro" thrash acts. "After Shock" is one of the best pure thrash metal albums released in 2010; not because of original songwriting or stylistic genius, but rather that SPACE EATER does what it does exceedingly well and leaves you gasping for air after the final notes have been played.

Not residents of the Bay Area nor inhabitants of Canadian or German thrash metal breeding grounds, the members of SPACE EATER call Serbia home, making the story that much more interesting. Where the rubber hits the road is the music and "After Shock" is a front-to-back barn burner in that respect. The tempo is set to "high speed" on opener "Say Your Prayers" and pretty much stays that way for the duration. Buzzsawing riffs, clanging bass, and galloping rhythms are tightly wound into breakneck speedsters that are reminiscent at times of FLOTSAM AND JETSAM's classic early works and more often as though VIO-LENCE and TOXIK mutated into a dangerously new and utterly catchy form of thrash species. This is some furious stuff to be sure.

The vocals are noteworthy both for the style and the man delivering them, as vocal tracks from the late Boško Radišiæ, who died in a fire, were taken from 2009 demo recordings. His enunciation and frantic, yet precise and decipherable lines have just as much to do with the impact made on "After Shock" and are one reason for the TOXIK comparisons. As it turns out, the two tracks with vocals from guitarist Luka Matkoviæ — "Anti-Psychiatry" with its memorable gang shout chorus and semi-tech thrasher "Relationshit" — are the two of the best on the album, although the margins are thin since you'll not find a chink in the armor of any of these songs. That "Relationshit" closes the album could be indicative of a future expansion of the band's sound with its MEGADETH-like riff structures and vocal patterns mixed with the fundamentals established on the previous tracks. It's different enough to be notable, yet not so much as to seem out of place. It's a great way to end a great thrash metal album. Seek out "After Shock". You can actually believe the hype this time.

- Scott Alisoglu

Rating: 8.5

Čovek je u ovoj recenziji rekao sve što treba o ovom thrash masterpiec-u!Ja bi mu samo dao ocenu 9,5!Momci samo napred,pred vama je budućnost!Samo jedna ideja koja mi je ovih dana pala na pamet: buduća evropska turneja pod nazivom Balkan thrash assault- Negligence and serbian pure thrash machine Space Eater,neka ovdanjši organizatori porazmisle o ovome!Space Eater rules!

• 2 weeks later...

Ево, да се и ја опет огласим, после сто педесет преслушавања комплет "Aftershock"-a. :) Ове песме на којима је покојни Бошко певао су све перфектно и одсвиране и испродуциране, а о његовим вокалима је сувишно говорити, савршено, иако су извучени са демо снимака. Ове две нове које је Лука певао су тотални спид-метал-Мегадет, а то ми се баш свиђа. :) Боља ми је "Relationshit" од "Anti-psychiatry". Најбоља песма је убедљиво "FAA", мада је мени омиљена "Divide and Conquer", због оног "скакутавог" рифа. :) Свака вам част још једном и само напред! Једва чекам неку свирку у Београду, или неку где ће ме Карло водити. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Preslusah album.Zaista je odlican.Odlusah ga samo jednom,ali ovako na prvo slusanje rekao bih da je bolji od prvog.Od pesama bih izdvojio Say Your Prayers,Abort (kada je prvi puta snimljena nije mi se svidela,ali sada defitivno sece),Up On These Shores,FAA (pesma albuma definitivno),No retreat i KRAS KIL DISTROJ!!! (omiljena pesma,jos iz demo faze).

Bend je definitivno opravdao ulogu najboljeg domaceg thrash metal sastava (po meni licno i najboljeg generalno metal sastava) i uspesno nastavio sa kvalitetnim izdanjima,cak se i popeo stepenicu vise.Sto se tice produkcije,mnogo je dobra i tu je takodjer uradjen pomak na bolje,posto je mnogo bolja u odnosu na prvi album.Jedina zamerka u ovom delu bi isla na to sto je sve preglasno i dosta cesto probija (tzv. Death Magnetic efekat :D ),ali dobro to i nije toliko veliki problem.Svi instrumenti se jasno cuju i imaju odlicnu boju.

E sada,"nove" pesme...namerno sam ih odvojio,posto sam im ih na taj nacin i slusao,kao zasebnu celinu.E sada,ljutili se ili ne,meni se ovo uopste ne svidja.Ali uopste.Jebiga.Relationshit je dobra pesma,dobro aranzirana sa interesantnim rifovima,ali na toj pesmi imam problem samo sa vokalom(o tome cu nesto vise kasnije)iako je generalno u odnosu na ostatak albuma dosta slabija,dok mi je Anti-Psychiatry totalno bezveze,ubedljivo najlosija pesma na albumu.

Sto se tice vokala...bez ikakve namere da uvredim Luku Towera,ali meni je to lose.Ok,stilski se razlikuje od Boskovog nacina pevanja,to stoji,ali je isto tako za klasu losiji vokal.Realno.Kao sto sam rekao,Relationshit je dobra pesma,ali mene vokal toliko iritira da ja to ne mogu slusati.Na kraju krajeva,to sam vam rekao vec nakon prvog post-Bosko snimka koji ste napravili.

Sve u svemu,album je odlican,iz ugla i na nacin na koji sam ga ja posmatrao.Ono sto mi se ne svidja je pravac u kome ce se bend kretati u buducnosti (muzika je stvar licnog ukusa naravno,ali vokal je realno korak unazad).

Ko bi rekao da cu ja sa lemijem ovol'ko da se slozim :haha:

Dosta ovih pesama vec cuh, sto live, sto studijski...definitivno odlicno izdanje, jos jedan glas za FAA kao pesmu albuma, najbolju benda uz "Operaphobia" po meni. Uzecu ovo i na originalu sigurno, a sledeci, sudeci po one poslednje dve pesme, garant preskacem, jerbo smo definitivno dobili srpskog Dave Paddena. Mjuza tu je cak i sasvim dobra, ali tekst i vokali...ocaj. Ne svidja mi se ne live interpretacija, okacena na prethodnoj strani, tako da mi eto jos jednog vise razloga za neinteresovanje...

Slažem se i ja sa vama, dečkići. Odličan mi je album ali se javlja jedan problem - odličan mi je zbog Boškovih pesama koje čine većinu na njemu. Ne sviđa mi se novi vokal nikako, kao da mi je to neki drugi bend sada. Jbg podrška Space eateru uvek i zauvek, ali mi se budućnost, kako stvari stoje, neće dojmiti preterano.

• 3 weeks later...

UNITED FROM THE OTHER SIDE

GROM Records - zatvaranje sezone 2010.

Vece posveceno SVIM culima underground-a!

--------------------------------------------------------------

LIVE:

SPACE EATER - Thrash Metal (zvanicna promocija albuma!)

www.myspace.com/114812806

-

BANE - Black Metal (zvanicna promocija albuma!)

www.myspace.com/baneband

-

INFEST - Death Thrash Metal

www.myspace.com/infestserbia

-

IN FROM THE COLD - Down-tempo / Metal / Southern Rock

www.myspace.com/iftc

ART VISUAL PERFORMANCE:

MARIA MARGOTH & HYSTERIA - Rise of HORROR!

(Likovi nemih horror filmova medju vama!Artisticki ulaz u neme horror filmove + projekcija starih kultnih dela)

www.myspace.com/mariamargoth

UNDERGROUND MARKET:

GROM Records distro (specijalna godisnja rasprodaja po snizenim cenama!)

-

SECOND METAL HAND (Ogromna ponuda novih/polovnih vinila i CDa svih zanrova!)

-

NOCTURNE magazin (Promotivno/prodajni stand naseg jedinog stampanog Metal casopisa!)

-

SOME KIND OF DISTRO (Underground distribucija zaboravljenih kasetnih izdanja!)

METAL NIGHT - AFTER PARTY

Non-stop Metal Night do 05h (Black, Death, Thrash, Dark...) by DJ GRIMNESS

===========================================================================

GROM Records

www.myspace.com/gromrecords

AWAKEN Booking

www.myspace.com/awakenbooking666

Edited by Rizzen

е, курца. можда се некако довучем, али је проблем што сам 18тог на свирци у КГу. штета би било пропустити овакву свирку. јбг, да сам млађи, па бих без проблема успео да постигнем и једно и друго, али, шта ћеш, стигле године...

• Downvote 1