To/Die/For

Satanic Witch

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

TO/DIE/FOR Begin Recording New Album: Photos Available

Finnish goth-metallers TO/DIE/FOR have entered the studio to begin recording their fifth album, tentatively due in October. Drums, bass and guitars are being recorded by Samu Oittinen, while J. J. Nippala will take care of the keyboards, vocals and other "strange sonics," according to a posting on the band's web site. Check out pictures from the studio: http://todieforlove.com/gallery.html

TO/DIE/FOR recently parted ways with guitarist Mika "Alli" Ahtiainen. The band are not currently seeking a replacement and are recording the new effort as a four-piece.

TO/DIE/FOR's new CD will be the follow-up to the "IV" album, which was recorded at Sonicimage studios in Kouvola, Finland and was mixed at Finnvox studios in Helsinki with Mikko Karmila.

The current TO/DIE/FOR lineup is consists of vocalist Jarno "Jape" Perätalo, ex-SOULRELIC axeman Antza Talala, ex-NEW DAWN FOUNDATION drummer/ex-TO/DIE/FOR drum tech Santtu Lonka, and bassist Jarkko "Josey" Strandmann (ex-NEW DAWN FOUNDATION).

Jedan od najogavnijih bendova koje sam u zivotu cula.

Mozda imaju jednu ili dve dobre pesme, ali generalno su zaista losi (po mom misljenju).

Stvarno ne mogu da shvatim zasto su toliko uspesni, jer u njihovoj muzici ne vidim neki kvalitet...

Toliko su isfolirano ljigavi, beskrvni i "romanticni", da mislim da bih skrenula ako bih morala da ih slusam jedan ceo dan... Osim toga, muzicki nisu nista posebno, pevach nema neki ekstra dobar glas, a i "imidz" im je u stilu "Mi smo petnaestogodisnji gothi i hocemo da smuvamo sto vise devojcica na racun izgleda"...

(mada, meni se ni njihov izgled ne dopada)

Bez uvrede To Die For Lady, ali meni je tvoj omiljeni bend pukeface.gif

Edited by Beauty In Black

vokal je bio interesantan na prva 3 albuma, ali je covek ocito sjebao glas. svirka je korektna. a charon jeste za 3 klase bolji i inovativniji. sto se TDF tice, IV bi bio takav krs da jusska nije radio klavijature.

• 2 weeks later...
vokal je bio interesantan na prva 3 albuma, ali je covek ocito sjebao glas. svirka je korektna. a charon jeste za 3 klase bolji i inovativniji. sto se TDF tice, IV bi bio takav krs da jusska nije radio klavijature.

Sta koji ?

Charon je ok bend ali realno oni su copy/paste/modify Sentenced. T/D/F je uveo u goth metal nesto od cega je svaki goth metalac oklevao a to su "muda". Figurativno receno, naravno. I jos cudo stvari... biggrin.gif

• 2 months later...

Finnish goth metallers TO/DIE/FOR will release their fifth album, "Wounds Wide Open", on October 4 in Finland. Release dates in other territories have not yet been confirmed. The first single from the CD, "Like Never Before", will be delivered to Finnish radio stations in July, and it wll be released in Finland on September 6.

The follow-up to 2005's "IV", "Wounds Wide Open" was recorded by Samu Oittinen at Fantom Studios and by Jari-Jukka Nippala at Sonic Image, and will now be sent to Sweden's Abyss Studios where it will be mixed by Peter Tägtgren (DIMMU BORGIR, CELTIC FROST). Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Wicked Circle", "Guilt Ridden State", "Quiet Room" and "Liquid Lies".

• 4 months later...