DaggerЅpawn

Death rider

Daggerspawn is domestic act that started out in 2005. with their vision of crafting very brutal, yet technical brand of Death Metal. I have seen them live at the beginning of their career and truth be told, I did not like what I’ve heard that much. But the years of experience helped them to sharpen the edges of their weapon and it is notable on their debut album „Suffering Upon The Throne Of Depravity“ (before that, they released the demo under the same name, couple of splits and even one live DVD). One very nice thing is that this release will come out in a couple of days on a foreign label, which is very huge thing for the band from our land. Cover art was drawn by famous John Zig, who worked also for f.ex. Suffocation and Dying Fetus, very nice work indeed and the motive is in connection with Lovecraftian / occult themes the and is dealing with in their lyrics. Let us now go on to the most important aspect of an album – music. Although Daggerspawn guys label themselves as „technical“, that tag is not prevalent in their music, meaning that it is not drowned in uncomprehensable and countless boring parts. No, the tech aspect is only used in order to put some nice twists and turns here and there. Their most dangerous tool is the brutality, which I would link back to Florida years prevalently but you can also hear that more modern bands left their their mark on Daggerspawn. Songs are not in „non stop blast“ vein (thankfully, I must add), the arrangement work is on good enough level so that one won’t get bored by listening to the album. I can feel that Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse are worshipped very much in these guys’ ranks, for the proof just listen to the track „In the Bane and Enlightment of Man“, which sounds like a cross between Cannibal twisted riffs a la „Perverse Suffering“ and MA atmospheric and evil guitar fills. Vocal of Danilo is mainly growling, occasional shout / screams are featured and he remined me on Mike’s (Sinister) work on, say, „Hate“. The main thing that bothered me on the album is use of rhythm machine, the thing that I am allergic on and which does not suit the band of this style (hell, it doesn’t suit any Metal band except for Summoning and their likes...). Daggerspawn has a drummer in their line-up, and as I know, cursed machine was used because of lack of money. Pity, as I would like to hear these songs with power that only the real drums can have. I guess that I will have to catch them in live setting these days for that... All in all, this is one good release from up’n’coming band, check it out if you can.

http://metal-sound.net/reviews.php?read=276

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ej a koliko je mene krivo sho su na albumu bubnjovi kucani,lebac mu ebem ,ubija sve ali nema dusu sa kompujtorskiim bubnjevimaaa!!!!!

Awaaakeeniinnnnng!! :rockdevil: :rockdevil: :rockdevil:

Kako ste jebeno mrtvo dobro dobri uzivo ,jebem mu lebac,oni lajv snimci sa aljbuma,joojj!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

HAAHHA jedva sam uspeo nekako da prevedem ovo .. tj google se malo pomucio ...

"the Amis of Sevared Records hew was a publication after another, and so we want to see it, as it so often things are Death Metal and the dad finds wonderfully. Daggerspawn I was not yet Begrff and how long they are in the business, I can not even say that they only come from Serbia and there are already have a bonus exotics. Otherwise, they also really good thing, although sometimes too much rumbreaken. Bschreiben could be that whole "Bonecrushing Death Metal". The good thing is going forward, blastet much away, but always comes back with a peaceful and groovy elements therefore. There are some great breaks built, but also quite playful, which I personally found very misplaced. Nevertheless, the Serbs do their thing well, actually there is nothing to grumble. Is fully in order, Geballert is also cool, because there are grooves, gegrunzt is always cool riffs are also at the start. What more could you want. Of course, no landmark in the history of death metal, but a delicious, brutal soup which was good and happy auslöffeln can."

imate u originalu sve na:

http://www.possessed.de/index.php?do=reviews&id=2811

"Allow, Daggerspawn from Serbia. Founded in 2005, the quintet, consisting of the guitarist and Jovan Petrovic Nenad Katic, Vlada Mladenović drummer, singer Danilo Trbojevic and finally bassist Srdjan Salamunovic joined forces to their passion for brutal death metal to indulge. After going underground live neat tidy and several skulls split, it was split after a few CDs and a demo at the time, the next step. So you have a live DVD. With the title "Wrecking Ferocity" in the luggage had been the application video for the first album, which is the beginning of 2008 began. During this time the chair was on the drums free, but with Nikola Jankovic had quickly found good replacement. So quickly the contract with Sevared signed and the debut recording of the "Suffering Upon The Throne Of Depravity" completed. Since February, there is now with this brutal hate lumps at the start that even equal a good impression on the qualities of the Serbs live conveys. That total would thus be playing really good ten minutes to reduce, as the song 'Awakening' (Intro Tip definitive, because the guys here seem to have become overgrown and is also the drummer and makes many-operates properly operating behind the boilers), 'I Am The Thousand Plagues' and 'Children Of The Sea Livid' included twice. But it is precisely these impressions Live debut to give the special touch and reveal the true strength of the boys: they are a power live, develop and eerie steam sucks hate her irresistible to the audience. For a debut is "Suffering Upon The Throne Of Depravity" a power plant that, when fans of the brutal attention should be playing."

Edited by Speed_Dead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pojavila se recenzija za "Suffering Upon the Throne of Depravity" u novom broju mađarskog Metal Hammer-a (tj. Hammer World-a). Album je dobio ocenu 7 (od mogućih 10), što je skroz ok s obzirom da prilično retko daju 10 za neko izdanje (pogotovo ako je reč o nepoznatom ili manje poznatom bendu). U principu su nahvalili album, posebno ističući kvalitet muzičara i produkciju. Jedina zamerka je za one live stvari na kraju, zbog lošeg kvaliteta.

Evo i recenzije od MASTERFUL MAGAZINE-a :)

Recenzija - klikni na me :rockdevil:

Brutal death metal from Belgrade, Serbia that is dark and full of potential. Daggerspawn play occult death metal like Steve Tucker era Morbid Angel with a hint of "Leprosy" era Death and (early) Pessimist. The chaotic and eerie solos/leads add to the unearthly atmosphere, which make this one of the more gloomy sounding albums of recent years. The prominent bass lines give Daggerspawn an old school charm and the drumming is unfortunately fairly one-dimensional compared to more inheritedly gifted/skilled drummers as Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel) or Chris Pernia (Pessimist). "Suffering Upon the Throne of Depravity" is reasonably technical in execution and composition, but the album lacks any stand out tracks as it is generally too straightforward for its genre. Daggerspawn know their way around their instruments and never get too carried away in blasting the listener into submission. The record has an old school feel in the sense that Daggerspawn have a written a collection of tracks that fit together as a whole and are supposed to be listened as such. The bass-heavy production emphasizes Daggerspawn's more traditional song structures and skilfull playing. The guitars and bass are quite crisp while the drums hold enough power without dominating the string instruments. The immensely detailed and mystic cover artwork was created by the ever popular Jon Zig (Deeds Of Flesh, Suffocation) and is wholly different than his usual images of violence, mutilation and gore. Overall, Sevared Records has made an interesting choice in signing this Serbian act, as they are far more traditional sounding than the majority of their catalogue. They are surely no Morbid Angel or Monstrosity, but they are getting there.

http://www.sevared.com

comment it

Wouter 7 :pivopije:

• 4 weeks later...