The Lostprophets

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Almoosssttt theerrr, allmossstt theerrreee....sttaaaay onn targettt...stayyy onn targetttttt...

Soooo...waddawedonowwwww???

We are pretty much at the final stages of mixing now. The record will be officially finished by next wednesday, which is mad. We started writing March 1st 2005, so its taken almost exactly a year to write, record and mix (with 2 months off in between). Seems like a long time, but then again it doesnt. From the crazy house parties in our Woking mansion, to the scene parties in LA, to the beach parties in Hawaii, to the crack parties in Vancougar, its all been fun.

I guess the weirdest thing now is letting everyone else hear it......cause im sure there will be a lot of people who are suprised. Im sure we will lose some fans and hopefully gain others. Its hard to say. To me the record sounds like a natural progression, yeah there are still aggressive songs on there but its not heavy persay, and considering where we have come from im sure there will be people upset with that. Its hard to say. I think the bottom line is that i give our fans a lot of credit and a lot of respect when it comes to their open mindedness, so we will have to wait and see. I guess its a tougher record, way more attitude. Less chugs, more spit, venom and pop.........

We are trying to decide the first single at the mo, and its hard. Do we go for a song thats obvious but safe (ie last train home pt 2), or go for one that will make people spit out their coffee thinking WTF???.......but ultimately grow to like it....

It's such a tough choice, cause we love all the songs, and there are songs of all types on the record yknow. If someone doesnt like the single then they may love other songs on the album. We have never been one of those bands where every song is a variation on a theme, we just cant do it, we have too many influences and ideas...so thats where we are at the moment...dillemma city....

Everything kicks off in a few weeks anyway, and im tired......

Night.

X

Also Jamie and I just finished season 4 and started on season 5 of 24. It is officially the best television program ever created. Fuck, Jack Bauer is a god among humans. Fuck Marwan and god bless President Palmer and Michelle.......peaceeeee

Your's

Ian

cenim da znate, ali eto...

Edited by niking

u vei sa novim albumom, size:

- We are pretty much at the final stages of mixing now.

- im sure there will be a lot of people who are suprised. Im sure we will lose some fans and hopefully gain others.

- there are still aggressive songs on there but its not heavy persay, and considering where we have come from im sure there will be people upset with that.

- I guess its a tougher record, way more attitude. Less chugs, more spit, venom and pop. ( icon_confused.gif )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

haha, al si rečit icon_smile.gif

malo je reći da rula... fake sound of progress je više nego dobar album... ceo valja...

ovaj novi nisma čula, imam samo jednu pesmu, malo su fagy ali i dalje je to njihov zvuk... nadam s eda ceo album nije takav... i spot je krenuo da se vrti na mtv-u...

faggy ili ne, novi album je spreman i moguce ga je preslusati celog ovde:

http://www.clearchannelmusic.com/cc-common...lostprophetsSP/

EDIT: a i ja kenjam... evo ga ovde album za Download... http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/761419/L...ission_2006_RNS

Edited by niking