Rage

Elldamar

Nisam znao gde ovo da stavim..a posto je Smolski zaduzen za ovo..sto da ne ovde!

RAGE guitarist Victor Smolski is working on a compilation CD to celebrate Nuclear Blast Records' 20th anniversary. Smolski composed, recorded and produced about 10 songs for various metal artists that are part of the Nuclear Blast history, including a track that is being recorded and performed by his own band. He has issued the following update on the project via his official web site:

"It's a great honor for me working at a large contract, a compilation CD for the 20th anniversary of Nuclear Blast. It will be an album with 10 songs of various metal bands of Nuclear Blast history, inclusive a new RAGE song, for which I composed, produced and recorded all guitars, keyboards and bass. I got support by Andre Hilgers (drums) and Peavy Wagner (lyrics). Except some vocal parts, all songs were recorded at VPS studio in Hamm, where Charly Czajkovski again did a great job.

"During composing I tried, making all songs stylistic, and concerning the pitch of the voice, much comfortable for the singer (e.g. that Schmier [DESTRUCTION] sounds real 'schmierig') I didn't figured out, that, beside hearing out the different styles of the bands, the composing and arranging, I had lots of stress while doing clerical work as mailing and phoning. Thanks a lot to all singers for good cooperation. I think, this compilation CD is a real special and important project for Nuclear Blast. Special thanks also to Andy Siry, Jaap Wagemaker and Achim Köhler for support."

The details of the first five songs are as follows:

* Title: "Terrified"

Vocalist: Peavy Wagner (RAGE)

Victor: "Especially recording a new RAGE song together with Peavy was great fun. There are lots of fast double-bass parts, but also many groovy stuff and great melodies in chorus at 'Terrified', the title of the song. Again, I tuned down the guitars to 'C,' as I did at 'Straight To Hell'. The song really worked out well. The lyrics are describing an inner relief."

* Title: "Bloodsucker"

Vocalist: Schmier (DESTRUCTION)

Victor: "Real trashy number with 200 double-bass. The song deals with the current crisis in Iraq war and their causes (failed U.S. politics)."

* Title: "A Perfect Day"

Vocalist: Andy Deris (HELLOWEEN)

Victor: "Straight HELLOWEEN-style metal song with a catchy chorus. The song deals with the incalculability of life and the associated fact that our end can overtake us any time."

* Title: "Ruling the World"

Vocalist: Tony Kakko (SONATA ARCTICA)

Victor: "Straight metal number with several voices and and keyboard arrangements. The song is about the arrogant power politics of the western great powers."

* Title: "Eternally"

Vocalist: Oddleif Stensland (COMMUNIC)

Victor: "Very slow ballad — heavy and modern. It's about suicide. Too often, especially young people in crisis decide to end their life, without getting straight about the irreversibility of this act."

Check out pictures from the sessions at http://www.victorsmolski.de/e_nb_studioreport_01.htm

• 2 weeks later...

German power metallers RAGE have announced the addition of drummer André Hilgers (AXXIS, SILENT FORCE) to the group's ranks. "During [the recording sessions for] the Nuclear Blast anniversary album, we were very surprised how perfectly André's style matched our new song, 'Terrified'," the group writes on its web site. "So it was obvious that we jammed through the RAGE classics and the sparks flew immediately. André had a lot of new ideas that fitted perfectly our style and the understanding among us was harmonically. He brings a lot of fresh blood and power to the band and we have loads of fun again playing our music.

"Andre's 32 and he's from our area, what makes work a lot easier. With him he brings meanwhile 16 years of experience in studio and live work. He, as a metal fan from the beginning, followed the career of RAGE from its start, so he's perfectly into our material (even the old stuff). Though he's got extraordinary musical abilities, he never lost touch and stayed based in all his musical projects he focused more on playing for the songs and bands than to boost his ego."

RAGE's latest addition, André Hilgers, commented: "Surely I was very happy regarding the request of the guys [to join the band], and it's a great honor, belonging to RAGE now after drummers like Jörg Michael, Efti or Mike Terrana, lambasting the kettles. The studio job for the anniversary sampler for Nuclear Blast was so much fun, that I really look forward for the teamwork with Victor and Peavy, as it's also a challenge for me to work with such versed blooded musicians like Vic or an inherent part of the German metal scene... namely Peavy. Meanwhile, we've started rehearsal and we will present you a great show in Illingen with some real highlights out of the RAGE history.

"I would like to wish Mike good luck with MASTERPLAN and his next projects, as for me, he's still a great drummer, putting an levelling bar for me! I also would like to clarify that I remain part of AXXIS and SILENT FORCE."

http://www.rage-on.de/images/news_07/010107_1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Taj poslednji ti je savrsena kombinacija "Lingua Mortis" i ovih drugih albuma. prva polovina je simfonijska, a druga je kklasican Rage. Rece Peavy da su im ljudi trazili da naprave jos jedan album kao "Lingua Mortis", ali nisu hteli da bude bas ceo album takav, pa su podelili ovaj na pola.

• 4 weeks later...

sramota ja jos nisam nabavio speak of the dead a ovo mi je jedan od omiljenih bendova

nego sad sam krenuo da skdiam ovaj njihov novi DVD Full Moon in St. Petersburg tj audio njegov mada set lista je mogla da bude mnogo bolja

uh rezem ti sledeci put :rockdevil:

terrana ubija :rockdevil: znaci covek nije normalan

peavijev vokal je vishe nego dobar a smolski ubija pogotovu kad cepa neki svoj solo 6 minuta :rockdevil:

jedino mi se ne svidja invisible horizions jer peavy ne moze zaista da izvuce refren ali sve ostale pesme...kako covek peva i posle toliko godina stvarno svaka mu cast :pivopije: :pivopije: :pivopije:

jedan od najboljih live albuma koje sam slusao

sad moram da vidim kakav je ovaj live in st. petersburg :pivopije:

vazi srezaces mi to,a ja imam za tebe novi manowar da vidis sta je wagner 21. veka i da se manes ovih bendova,jer postoji samo jedan pravi hevi metal bend na planeti

inace,bas juce vrteh speak of the dead...jos mi nije dosadio.keva od albuma!

Edited by grave

vazi srezaces mi to,a ja imam za tebe novi manowar da vidis sta je wagner 21. veka i da se manes ovih bendova,jer postoji samo jedan pravi hevi metal bend na planeti

Јес' ти то зајебаваш ил' си озбиљан?

• 2 weeks later...

Russia's Darkside e-zine has uploaded a number of photos of German power metallers RAGE performing last night (Friday, April 27) in Moscow with the the Belarus symphonic orchestra (Lingua Mortis Orchestra). Check out the pictures at this location.

RAGE's setlist for the performance was as follows:

01. Overture

02. From The Cradle To The Grave

03. Alive But Dead

04. French Bourree

05. Medley

a) Don't Fear The Winter (Instrumental)

Black In Mind

c) Firestorm (Instrumental)

d) Sent By The Devil

e) Lost In The Ice (Instrumental)

06. Turn The Page

07. Suite Lingua Mortis

a) Morituri Te Salutant

Prelude Of Souls

c) Innocent

d) Depression

e) No Regrets

f) Confusion

g) Black

h) Beauty

08. Fuga

09. Higher Than The Sky

10. Refuge

anyway..ko ide na Wackena'n'gleda Rage verovatno nesto ovako moze da ocekuje..