Sepultura

aleksej

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SEPULTURA founding members and brothers Max and Igor Cavalera have confirmed that they are collaborating on new music for the first time in more than 10 years. According to reports, the material will be released as a completely new project, separate from Max's work in SOULFLY.

• 3 weeks later...
"Estranged brothers and Max and Igor Cavalera, founding members of famed Brazilian metallers Sepultura, look to have put their differences behind them and will collaborate again for the first time in ten years.

The two parted ways after a bitter disagreement over a decade ago, after Max's wife and manager – grieving the loss of her son in a car accident – was replaced with another tour manager at the behest of Igor.

An incensed Max Cavalera soon quit the band, forming Soulfly not long after.

But now, according to an interview posted on the official Soulfly website, the guitarist and drummer will rejoin forces.

"I hope people are going to be very excited about it," Max said, "because it's going to be a very special album for us regardless of what happens on it. It's the first time I've worked with my brother in 10 years in the studio."

He said that he had played for his brother some raw demos, and that he doesn't want to put any limits on its musical direction.

Max continued: "In many ways it's pretty historic and even magical for me – 10 years is a very long time. This project is going to be very much like a volcano exploding. We've had so much anger and aggression building up, and I know that Igor is going to f***ing destroy the drum kit in the studio. I really doubt the drum kit will even survive the recording, and I hope doesn't. So far it's sounding very aggressive, but again, at this point there are no rules or limitations with it. It's going to be mainly just me and Igor, but I want to have some other guys involved with it. It's going to be similar to Nailbomb in that it's only two guys, some friends, and one album – but it's definitely going to have it's own style. It's metal Cavalera style, and it's the closest thing that anyone's going to get to seeing any type of reunion. I don't know what the f**k is going to happen with it, but I'm very excited to see where it goes and what we can do."

• 3 weeks later...