• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Former Acid Bath manager, Ciro Pennino and I, (Videographer: Danny Ramsay of Forever Town) were working on "Video Backlash", our 1995 New Orleans Metal Scene documentary video and were given exclusive access and permission by the band to capture this footage, from ON THE FREAKING STAGE. This may in fact be the only footage of this particular show that exists. In a time before cell phones, camcorders were not generally permitted in venues featuring nation acts. This epic performance from a fresh and furious DOWN was the VERY FIRST show in support of their debut album and Elektra release, "NOLA" and captured by yours truly, single camera... about as close to the action as anybody could get, with a killer vantage point of the band AND the crowd! An exuberant Philip H. Anselmo thanked the audience for buying the now landmark metal album that day, which was officially released just five days prior on Sept. 15th, 1995. This show took place at The Rendon Inn; a large garage-like building in Uptown New Orleans on Sept. 20, 1995. DOWN played to a capacity crowd of 800+ excited and enthralled metalhead! This video features the first 5 songs of their set: "Pillars of Eternity", "Lifer", "Temptation's Wings", "Rehab" and "Hail the Leaf". This is NOLA Godfathers of Metal, the original lineup of DOWN (Philip H. Anselmo, Kirk Windstein, Pepper Keenan, Todd Strange and Jimmy Bower) in their 1995 prime, just getting warmed up and delivering THE GOODS to a PACKED house! The thumbnail for this video was randomly picked by Youtube...but not surprising, that's Levi Clark (go to 8:17), probably one of the biggest DOWN fans in the entire realm and a local mainstay of the NOLA metal scene and House of Shock alumni ...so, aptly... "Black Wylde" gets the cover. To all true fans of DOWN, this is one special show! I'm stoked to finally exhume this footage from my VHS camcorder archives and share ALL I have from this amazing night! If you were at this show, please comment and share your memories of the evening. If you enjoy this content, please Like, Subscribe and hit one of the Donation links below to support my work on this channel. More NOLA Metal Scene of the 90's footage from the Ramsay family vault is on the way including: ABUSE, Crowbar, Acid Bath, Soilent Green, EYEHATE GOD and more! Cheers and Rock Eternal!

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...