Vidimo se :pivopije:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Band: CounterIgnition

CD Title: Demo 2008

Year: 2008

MySpace: myspace.com/counterignition

Label: None

Featured on: Loucifer Speaks... and wherever else I can post it!

Rating: 8.7 / 10

More Links: COUNTERIGNITION THREAD ON LOUCIFER SPEAKS' FORUM.

CounterIgnition Knowing absolutely nothing about this band at the time of this review, I can't start this piece with a brief account of where they're based or how long they've been together. I know I could go off and do some research, but what would be the fun in that?... and I'll have plenty of time to check out their MySpace later anyway...

The demo kicks off with "Life Sentenced" and I had absolutely no idea what to expect. The song begins with an almost 80s rock intro before jumping into more metal territory. CounterIgnition really remind me of Black Label Society in this track... perhaps it's due to the vocals?

"Ordinary Mortal Man" picks up the pace a bit and has a fantastic thrash influence in it. The melodies make the song accessible, but the aggression in the rhythm knocks you flat on your arse. Marvellous.

The groove/rhythm in "World of Lies" makes the track instantly enjoyable. In fact, the riff really reminds me of something Obituary would do... but only with more of a Thrash approach rather than Obituary's Death Metal one. Highly memorable.

The drums in "Fight" really make it stand out and it's very easy to imagine myself enjoying this one a huge amount at a gig. I can also easily imagine that this song would be responsible for me killing a few more braincells because of headbanging.

The demo closes with "The End of Mine" and this provides CounterIgnition with an excellent way to finish this collection of songs. In fact, with it's energy, lead guitar, melody and awesome riffs, I'd go as far as to say "The End Of Mine" is the strongest track on the EP.

If you want a band that has well and truly grown up on a diet of decent metal bands and then gone on to add their own twist to the sound, then CounterIgnition could be right up your alley.

pa nismo mi neki pozeri da se tu nesto slikamo :):)

e, skinuo sam i ja ambush sad skoro, nisam ni imao tu finalnu verziju, super je, bas steta za te stvari... mozda ih snimimo opet (i strikeback) jednom kad budemo potpisali za neku veliku pokvarenu izdavacku kucu pa kad budemo morali da snimimo album ispostujemo ugovor :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

evo još svirki:

12.4. Danguba, Demo masters

14.4. Livingroom SKC, Metal battle

e da, svirka u Pančevu nam je opet bila otkazana :)

naravno, izgovor je bio totalno glup, i njegova neistinost se potvrdila još u petak :)

A nekad su baš voleli da nas slušaju i gledaju a sad smo banovani. Moramo da se prerušimo u neke vitezove da bi smo svirali u Pančevu.

Izasli kovinci iz furgona i na vasoj svirci polomili stolove u st21... :)

I to je bila poslednja samostalna svirka. :D