Falconer

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Swedish epic/power metallers FALCONER have set "Northwind" as the title of their new album — their first since the departure of singer Kristoffer Göbel and return of Mathias Blad. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Catch the Shadows", "Northwind", "Legend and the Lore", "Waltz with the Dead", "Long Gone By" and "Tower of the Queen".

Commented FALCONER guitarist Stefan Weinerhall: "Our label boss visited the studio in February. He got very supportive and positive about the new album as he heard some of the material.

"As [we previously announced] the album will be released in September/October 2006. The first edition will contain a bonus disc with four traditional songs in Swedish and a short DVD documentary of the recording session. Even the booklet itself will contain... well, more stuff.

"In July, the last recordings and the mix will take place and meanwhile I'm coming up with more details and additions to the orchestrations. Mathias is penning down the harmony and choir arrangements. This time around you will get more folky and classical instruments added to the songs, something that really enhance things and make it more colourful. I tell you, I'm dying to hear the final result. There's never been a FALCONER album this thought through, produced and filled with nuggets of gold... but I'm not the one to review it, I think."

FALCONER's fourth studio album, "Grime Vs. Grandeur", was released in May 2005 via Metal Blade Records. The CD features guest performances by Snowy Shaw (MERCYFUL FATE, KING DIAMOND, DREAM EVIL) on drums and Andy LaRocque (KING DIAMOND) on additional lead vocals.

Andy na vokalima? Zanimljivo...

Kad smo vec kod Falconera...

Swedish epic/power metallers FALCONER have set "Northwind" as the title of their new album — their first since the departure of singer Kristoffer Göbel and return of Mathias Blad. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Catch the Shadows", "Northwind", "Legend and the Lore", "Waltz with the Dead", "Long Gone By" and "Tower of the Queen".

Commented FALCONER guitarist Stefan Weinerhall: "Our label boss visited the studio in February. He got very supportive and positive about the new album as he heard some of the material.

"As [we previously announced] the album will be released in September/October 2006. The first edition will contain a bonus disc with four traditional songs in Swedish and a short DVD documentary of the recording session. Even the booklet itself will contain... well, more stuff.

"In July, the last recordings and the mix will take place and meanwhile I'm coming up with more details and additions to the orchestrations. Mathias is penning down the harmony and choir arrangements. This time around you will get more folky and classical instruments added to the songs, something that really enhance things and make it more colourful. I tell you, I'm dying to hear the final result. There's never been a FALCONER album this thought through, produced and filled with nuggets of gold... but I'm not the one to review it, I think."

• 3 weeks later...