Falconer

• 1 year later...

Guitarist Stefan Weinerhall of the Swedish metal band FALCONER has issued the following update:

"Recording time is coming up. Most songs [for the next FALCONER album] are written and rehearsed soon as the studio time is drawing nearer, starting to feel a bit stressed!! The album will be mixed in the end of January so I'd guess we're up for a late spring release.

"The title of the new album will be 'Armod' and will be completely sung in Swedish except for the bonus tracks that will simply be English versions of the best (according to us) new songs.

"This time we have concentrated on the traditional folk side of our music including more traditional folk songs (the majority of the material is still our own), more fiddles and flutes.

"Be calm, the horrid sound of accordions will firmly be left behind!!

"This is a way to finally devoting an entire album to the influences and getting that out of our system, so to speak, and to do the thing some have asked for during ten years. This is not the new direction of us but just the sound of THIS album.

"We are prepared for nagging about lack of speed and the full use of the Swedish language and, of course, the cynical opinions that we lack inspiration and thus use more traditional folk songs.

"The next time we'll take another step; I wonder what that can be."

Opa, interesantan zaokret. Obzirom da mi ne obećava baš previše ovo što je najavljeno, drago mi je da će to biti promena samo za ovaj album. Aj što će komplet album biti na švedskom, to ok, ali to "usporavanje" me malo brine. No dobro, da ne donosim preuranjene zaključke, videćemo na šta će to ličiti kad izađe album. :)

:pivopije:

Ah, proleće! Laste neće doći dok album ne izađe! Jedva čekam, sigurna sam da će biti vredno pažnje. :wub:

Falconer je jedan od najboljih, a zadnja dva albuma su me jednostavno oduvala. Evo sada stigoh u Svedsku pa ako neko zna na koju frekvenciju da se namestim da savatam te nove pesme neka bude ljubazan i napise ovde.

• 6 months later...

Swedish metallers FALCONER will release their seventh album, "Armod", in Europe on June 3 via Metal Blade Records. The CD features 11 songs completely sung in Swedish and four bonus tracks that are said to be English versions of the bandmembers' favorite new songs.

"Armod" was once again recorded at KING DIAMOND guitarist Andy La Rocque's Sonic Train Studios in Varberg, Sweden during December and January. FALCONER states, "The recording and mixing process went smoother than ever before.

"The album is embracing the Swedish folk music to a greater extent than before making it sound slightly more down to earth.

"The music spans from acoustic songs with cello, flute and fiddle to songs with blast beats and really heavy riffing.

"As said before this is a 'one-time-only' album and does not define the future sound of FALCONER, but it was about time to pay full notice to the infuence that has always made us different. Now we have that out of our system!"

"Armod" track listing:

01. Svarta Änkan

02. Dimmornas Drottning

03. Griftefrid

04. O, Tysta Ensamhet

05. Vid Rosornas Grav

06. Grimborg

07. Herr Peder Och Hans Syster

08. Eklundapolskan

09. Grimasch Om Morgonen

10. Fru Silfver

11. Gammal Fäbodpsalm

falconerarmod.jpg

Opa, sjajna vest!

E super što je ceo na švedskom, taman malo da vežbam. :mrgreen:

Jedva čekam da izađe! :rockdevil:

Edit: Tek sad videh da je još prošle godine objavljeno da će ceo album biti na švedskom, i ja zapravo to i znam, al' zaboravih, jbg. xD

Edited by NatashaNS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Opa fin zvuk, cista produkcija, melodija koja ti zakuje paznju da ne predjes na sledece na listi za preslusavanje :D vokal necu komentarisati, on me je osvojio pre mnogo godina. Izgleda da ce biti nesto od ovoga. :opusteno:

Nisam baš neki veliki fan Falconera, danas sam presušavao njihov novi album, nije loše, neka mešavina generalno gledano Power i Folk metala sa jako čistom i dobrom produkcijom. Verujem da će se svima koji su pratili ovaj bend i pre novi album jako svideti. od Šveđana ja ipak biram Persuader!

• 3 weeks later...