Falconer

Najslabiji album od povratka Mathias, ali i kao takav, izuzetno zarazan i slusljiv :rockdevil: Jedini momenat koji mi stvarno smeta je ona Age Of Runes, neki moderan heavy smek koji mi ne ide uz njih uopste, a koji se vrti inace previse ovako. Osim toga, fino se nastavlja na prosli, opet ima Mithotynastih delova, odlicni refreni kao i uvek... Ovako mi za izdvojiti Locust, Wasteland i naslovna, koja ima riff koji fali Running Wild-u vec nekih 10ak godina.

BTW sto se tice live izvodjenja, oni nikada nisu bili bend za live, a posebno ne od kad se Blad vratio. Tek poneki koncert bio za Northwind i Among, posle toga verovatno nijedan.

edit:

M'da, sa sajta:

Upcoming Gigs: 090717 The Underworld, Camden, London England

:D

Edited by Angelystor
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

LAST SHOWS OF FALCONER

As the news has been dropped that we won't continue as a live act after our gig at Progpower USA in 2015 we take the opportunity to explain, not that it really differs much from

the state the band usually is in.

As I (Stefan Weinerhall) started Falconer in 1999 it was meant to be a studio project.

I have always looked upon myself as a writer more than an artist,

the creative work has been the reason and driving force.

We started doing some shows after a while but never really going all in although the shows themselves was really rewarding, fun and filled with fond memories.

It is due to conscious decisions that we have built the band up around our obligations, work schedules and family lives so there is no bitterness to this decision although the decisions were harder to make in the early years when everything started rolling.

If we're not a proper live act we're better of as the studio project we were meant to be.

The inconsistency of doing very few shows with huge gaps between them has meant

that we've had to start up the rusty machinery from scratch each time.

So now as we all are becoming grumpy old men, we realise that the output don't match the input although the experiences from the past gigs have been great!

We owe it to our fans and ourselves to do some more appearances before becoming even more reclusive than we already are, haha!

So for 2015 we have looked into our windows of opportunity and seen which festivals we CAN do.

Those festivals are now contacted and know of the exclusivity in the offer. So with this I hope that those of you who really want to catch us a last time will succeed, even though we haven't directly booked a world tour!

Cheers from the metal minstrels from the north!

Stefan, Mathias, Karsten, Jimmy and Magnus

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...

to bre, nisam imao pojma da su se vratili na engleski, pošto sam prestao da ih pratim kad je bila priča da će da cepaju samo švedski ubuduće

baš sam nedavno opet slušao Chapters From a Vale Forlorn, koja je to albumčina sunce ti

12 hours ago, Angelystor said:

Aj što nisam znao da gotiviš Falconer, nego bih ti taj album na švedskom najpre i preporučio jer je najžešći :haha:

A i sa njega ima par pesama koje su odrađene i sa engleskom verzijom:

2003. mi dopao šaka Chapters i vrteo sam ga svakog dana
to i Sinergy - Suicide By My Side sam pokupio istog dana od drugara, pa ih uvek slušam jedan za drugim :haha:

poslušaću taj na švedskom

Najgora godina se nastavlja

FALCONER DISBANDING

As the new album "From a dying ember" is released on the 26:th of June FALCONER will cease to exist after 20 years.
The reason is nothing drastical or sudden but it has grown during the last years.
It is just time to move on after all this time to do something different, whatever that might be.

I (Stefan) felt before this album that although I love Falconer´s music I knew just too well how to make it and what my own expectations and boundaries are when it comes to writing songs for Falconer. It felt maybe a bit too safe and familiar.

We decided to make this final album as good as we possibly could and really concentrate on having all Falconer elements present and really make sure that each element got full devotion.
For example, the ballad should be as "ballady" as ever, and the folk song should sound as folky as possible etc.
The sole decision to make this the final album actually sparked a new found enthusiasm and engagement for me as a song writer, it was like the final sprint for a long distance runner.

The last thing we wanted was to release a "so-so" final album, but really make it good enough so we could end the band with our heads held high, thus we let it take it´s time.
If we succeeded we´ll leave to the fans to decide, but we as a band feel really proud of this achievement and hope that most fans will consider this to be a respectable “Adieu”.

So, what will happen for the members now? Well there is no real plans for that, we´ll just see what the future brings when it comes to music.................................

With this said we would like to thank all our fans and everyone that we have worked with or met during the years and wish you all the best in the future.

With the Falconer dead and his falcons soaring the sky
we bid you all a final farewell!

Stefan, Mathias, Karsten, Jimmy and Magnus

Prošli album bio pre 6 godina, nije baš ni da ih štancuju.

Usput, pominjao sam gore Armod, ali svim vama polu-fanovima ako ste propustili, a verovatno jeste, bacite uho na "Among Beggars and Thieves" album. Meni je to najbolji posle prvog (da, bolji od Chapters) i generalno u top N (gde je N solidno mali broj) power albuma zadnjih 15 godina.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 8:55 PM, Angelystor said:

Prošli album bio pre 6 godina, nije baš ni da ih štancuju.

Usput, pominjao sam gore Armod, ali svim vama polu-fanovima ako ste propustili, a verovatno jeste, bacite uho na "Among Beggars and Thieves" album. Meni je to najbolji posle prvog (da, bolji od Chapters) i generalno u top N (gde je N solidno mali broj) power albuma zadnjih 15 godina.

ja preslušao, nisam oduševljen

jeste čvršći od Chapters, ali kamo refreni poput Decadence of Dignity, Enter the Glade, The Clarion Call?

Edited by kuruz