The Devin Townsend Band

U vezi The Hummer-a (vest iz septembra):

It's almost done, should be ready for Christmas, it's a well needed break for me to work on it right now. 

It's the second in the 'Ambient series'...but it's much more user friendly than the Devlab...still; some people are going to think it's just buzzing and humming noises, so again...it's not for everybody. You should listen to it in silence (late at night maybe?) Cars or anything with competing low frequencies will make it hard to hear...theres lots of silence and really quiet parts. 
...it's a pretty unique experience I think.

It will be internet only and I'm making 500 copies. The art is cool too.  It's the last record 'pre-baby' and kind of finishes things (for this stage...)

I hope you're all well,

peace
Devin.

I naravno vest od pre 7 dana:

Ok, it's pretty much done now...just finalizing the artwork (Konrad) and listening through to the final mixes...it's awesome, I love it...here's some suggestions;

Try listening to it when you have time and silence. If you have good speakers, it will work fine...if not, use headphones with good bass response...again a quiet environment is best.

I just used it while watching tv with no volume, through a pair of good headphones late at night with a bit of a buzz...it's nice...I suggest not paying too much attention to the music and using it as a background to your thoughts...watch a silent 'Discovery channel' or something.

Not to be all hippie, but just try meditating or zoning out...it's not meant to have rapt attention paid to it.

Thanks to Tracy, Rainer (our son), Lisa, My Family, Beav, SYL, and the dtb.

icon_wink.gif

Dev.

PS: As was the case with 'Devlab', this is not for everyone...if you have doubts you might want to hold off.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In 1997, while continuing with his Strapping Young Lad project, Devin released an album called Biomech, under the moniker of Ocean Machine. This release has caused much confusion over the years, because shortly after its initial release, Devin's label HeavyDevy Records requested that the name of the project be changed to Ocean Machine: Biomech, and the artist be changed to Devin Townsend. Many fans however, still refer to the artist as being Ocean Machine. Interestingly, the Australian distributor refused to change the CD covers, and the album is still released in Australia as Biomech by Ocean Machine.

Prosto. :D

Edit: nadjoh i ovo:

In November 2006, following a hiatus after the birth of his son Reyner, Devin announced that he is back in his home studio writing and recording material for a new project. This Album is tentatively titled The Mighty Masturbator and Devin describes it as being a mix between Strapping Young Lad, and The Devin Townsend Band. This album will be released under the Devin Townsend name instead of The Devin Townsend Band, and Devin is reported to be creating the album completely by himself. That is, he will be singing, playing guitar, playing bass, playing all synthesizers and samples, and mixing and producing it himself. Devin has stated on the Hevydevy forums that he is using The Drumkit from Hell on this release, which was used by Meshuggah on Catch Thirty-Three, and developed by Tomas Haake of the same band.

Edited by Powerslayer

• 1 month later...

Inside Out Music has revealed the title of DEVIN TOWNSEND's forthcoming solo album. It is... Ziltoid The Omniscient.

Rumor has it that Ziltoid is an alien puppet who wants to destroy the Earth!

hahahahahhahaha

jessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Inside Out Music has revealed the title of DEVIN TOWNSEND's forthcoming solo album. It is... Ziltoid The Omniscient.

hahahahahhahaha

hahahahahhahaha

hahahahahhahaha

Jeeee... Pa zar nije izjavio da će da se odmara malo? Koliko je prošlo od prethodnog solo albuma? Godinu dana? A od poslednjeg SYL albuma? Pola godine? Izgleda da osim hiper-produkcije ima i hiper-odmaranje :bigblue: U svakom slučaju — novi albun će da se sluša i voli :meshuggah:

Spot Vampiria, kvalitet dovoljan za masturbiranje (68MB)

(kasnim 6 meseci, po običaju)

Fajnli! I nikad nije kasno da se skine Devijev spot, nemo' da se jedeš :bigblue: Evo, tope mi se oči od uživanja u visokoj rezoluciji spota. Ko ne skine ovaj spot, taj nije gej :da: