Orphaned Land

Dowla

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hezbollah Issues Death Warrant For Lebanese Belly Dancer That Performed With ORPHANED LAND

A Lebanese belly dancer is facing death threats and cannot return to her homeland after embracing an Israeli musician at an international festival in France.

On June 19, Israeli heavy metal band Orphaned Land performed alongside Lebanese belly dancer Johanna Fakhri at the Hellfest music festival in the western French town of Clisson. At the end of their performance, the Lebanese dancer held up her country’s flag while Orphaned Land's singer, Kobi Fahri, held up an Israeli flag. The two then hugged and clasped each other's hands.

Israel and Lebanon are technically at war and it is illegal under Lebanese law for any citizen to have public interactions with an Israeli. Media outlets around the world carried the image of Fakhri and Fahri brandishing their national flags, prompting a seething Hezbollah to declare Fakhri a traitor and issue a death warrant for her. The dancer has since been hiding out in France, fearing for her life if she returns to her homeland.

The threats against Fakhri have now spread from Lebanon. Last week, the French Muslim party PMF, which is closely tied to Hezbollah, carried a quote from Hezbollah on its website, declaring Fakhri “a traitor who collaborates with the Zionist enemy.”

In response, Fakhri released a statement calling her appearance with Fahri an act of peace.

“I know that politics, religion or other matters, moreover foreign ones, don’t hold an important place in a festival, but music is a tool for expression, and has to bring messages, history and legacy,” she wrote. “This way, I wanted to take this opportunity so rare in history -- seeing on stage an Israeli group and a Lebanese dancer -- to say that beyond the artistic exchange and our collaboration for the love of art, we were willing to make it a symbol of peace. And these two flags that we held as high as the fist can rise transcend all these years of war and suffering.”

Orphaned Land publicist Eitan Levi attributed Hezbollah's rage to the popularity the band enjoys among Arab and Muslim listeners.

Fahri said he hoped the embrace was the first of many peace gestures.

• 3 weeks later...

"The Road To OR-Shalem", the new concert DVD by Israeli progressive folk metal masters ORPHANED LAND, will be released on October 24 in Europe and November 1 in the U.S. via Century Media Records.

According to a press release, "The Road To OR-Shalem" "is the premier Middle Eastern progressive metal crusaders' DVD debut and documents the band's incredible mission to unite warring factions in their home region through the power of music. Filmed in Tel Aviv, Israel in December 2010, 'The Road To OR-Shalem' features nearly two hours of stunning live material, as well as a second bonus DVD. The bonus DVD material includes additional live footage, a behind-the-scenes documentary and video clips."

Commented ORPHANED LAND vocalist Kobi Farhi: "It has been such an amazing experience for us to record our debut DVD.

"Our show proves that music is the strongest weapon in the world.

"Our achievement through songwriting is not something that can be measured via traditional political or religious means.

"We learned by being in ORPHANED LAND that people might have different flags, signs and symbols, but when music plays there is only one flag that captures their hearts. It is the flag of hope, courage, friendship and brotherhood; the flag of light. We are converting blood enemies to friends through the healing power of music."

"The Road To OR-Shalem" track listing:

DVD1:

01. Halo Dies

02. Birth Of The Three

03. Olat Hatamid

04. The Kiss Of Babylon

05. A Never Ending Way

06. Disciples Of The Sacred II

07. Bereft In The Abyss

08. The Storm Still Rages Inside

09. Sapari

10. From Broken Vessels

11. Ocean Land

12. M I?

13. New Jerusalem

14. Vayehi Or

15. The Warrior

16. Baraka

17. Codeword: uprising

18. El Meod Na'ala

19. In Thy Never Ending Way

20. The Beloveds Cry

21. Norra El Norra

22. Ornaments Of Gold

DVD 2:

01. Bakapaim (with Yehuda Poliker)

02. Halom Layam Hatihon (with Yehuda Poliker)

03. The Path Part 1 – Treading Through Darkness (drums & percussion solo)

04. Seasons Unite (from the album "Sahara")

05. Thee By The Father I Pray (from the album "El Norra Alila")

* Documentary - "Vayehi Or"

* Videos - "Sapari", "Norra El Norra", "Ocean Land"

* Slideshow/Band Photos

orphaneddvd.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0KiB1wQ2ZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-Shzs9mIg

Edited by Talvi

S obzirom na to su headlineri i da će set lista biti poduža, pa i na to da će ih pratiti odlični Arkan i Myrath, ima li zainteresovanih za odlazak na njihov koncert u Budimpešti? Nešto razmišljam da odem, sumnjam da ću imati vremena, ali eto, bilo bi lepo prisustvovati :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yossi Sassi, guitarist, founding member and musical mastermind of Israeli progressive folk metal masters ORPHANED LAND, is working on his first album as a solo artist. The CD will feature guest appearances by former MEGADETH guitarist Marty Friedman and "other leading musicians."

Although Sassi is known for pioneering Middle Eastern and folk progressive metal for over 20 years, his solo effort will be of a semi-instrumental nature and "far from being ORPHANED LAND No. 2," Sassi stated.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Acclaimed Middle Eastern guitarist Yossi Sassi (ORPHANED LAND) has just released his his debut solo album, "Melting Clocks", via Verycords. The CD, which was produced and composed by Sassi, features guest appearances by several known musicians, including former MEGADETH guitarist Marty Friedman.

"Melting Clocks" track listing:

01. Drive (6:18)

02. Fields Of Sunrise (5:07)

03. The Calling: Rush Hour (4:51)

04. Numbers' World (5:10)

05. Melting Thoughts (3:38)

06. Another Day In The Office (4:18)

07. Ain't Good Enough (3:56)

08. The Routine (4:43)

09. Sahara Afternoon (6:56)

10. Sunset (2:16)

11. Simple Things (4:54)

12. Melting Clocks (3:38)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpLyIX-w0FA&feature=player_embedded#!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Guitarist Matti Svatizky has left Israeli progressive folk metal masters ORPHANED LAND. His statement reads as follows:

"To all of ORPHANED LAND's fans, from this moment on I will no longer be a part of the band. We had great years together and I think that our achievements were beyond only the musical grounds. However, it is time for me to move on with my life. There are issues both on the personal and the professional levels that made me come to this decision, which has not been an easy one, and which I'm whole with and sure that will bring many positive things in the future. I wish the band many more fruitful years of creation and joy, and I wish you, the fans, many more years of enjoyment of what ORPHANED LAND has to offer, and who knows, maybe we'll meet again someday in the future, this way or another. Forever Orphaned…"

Added the remaining members of ORPHANED LAND: "How can you sum up two decades with a brother and a partner? The answer is simple: you can't. Matti is deeply immersed in ORPHANED LAND history and his uniqueness will surely be missed. All we can do is respect Matti's decision and wish him the best the future can offer for him. ORPHANED LAND was always a home for friends and shall remain such a place for Matti. Forever Orphaned, beloved brother!"

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...