Orphaned Land

Dowla

OrWarrior means "warrior of light", representing a conceptual hero of the battle of light versus darkness

"Sapari" is a Yemenite folk song arranged by Orphaned Land. Some samples of this song are available on YouTube: acoustic version by Orphaned Land's female "Yemenite" singer Shlomit Levi (part of Shlomit's live acoustic sample), a live version which Orphaned Land performed in Tel-Aviv in the late 2008 and a rendition of the song by Dror, a Middle Eastern singer promoting peace between Jews and Arabs.

The album will feature sounds on Arabian violins. In a recent update, it was revelaed that the band entered the studio as of February 2009 and the album is expected to be released on October 2009.

On March 9, 2009 Kobi Farhi mentioned on the band's official forum that:

"Sapari" was written in the 17th century by Sa'adia ben Amram, in Yemen.

The song is sung half in Hebrew, half in Yemenite.

The basic idea of the song is that the poet is having a dialog with his soul, "Sapari" means - "Tell me" in Hebrew.

The poet asks his inner spirit to tell him where "she" is while he is in Yemen, the soul answers that she is in the high heavens, inside the heart of a ship, wearing her coat of beauty, and the dialog goes on.

On a conceptual level of the new album - just as the poet meant, the warrior is having a dialog with his soul before coming into our darkend life.

"Sapari" will be the opener of the new album and the first single.

Пуно име је The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR . Ужас !

haha

bolje Satanic Necroreaper Lusting the Inverted Demon amongst the Morbid Charred Fjord of Norwegian Necrowizard da su ga nazvali :) :) :)

u svakom slucaju ocekujem dosta odnovog albuma, poigotovo sto ce na skroz drugi nacin pristupiti ovom albumu, ocekujem od njih da me ne razocaraju ;)

Edited by Uruk Hai

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ocekuje se itekako. Mabool je bio remek delo, a na ovom su isto podjednako dugo radili a josh im i Steva radi produkciju i miks. Verovatno jedan od retkih bendova danasnjice za koji bi bez problema ja izvrsio pri-order albuma a da ga predhodno nisam cuo. :D

Ocekuje se itekako. Mabool je bio remek delo, a na ovom su isto podjednako dugo radili a josh im i Steva radi produkciju i miks. Verovatno jedan od retkih bendova danasnjice za koji bi bez problema ja izvrsio pri-order albuma a da ga predhodno nisam cuo. :D

:da:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Israel's progressive folk metal masters ORPHANED LAND will release their highly anticipated fourth studio opus, "The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR", in Europe on January 25, 2010 via Century Media Records. Mixed by Steven Wilson (PORCUPINE TREE, OPETH), who is also responsible for several keyboard parts on the new CD, the effort is a sophisticated concept album which takes ORPHANED LAND's unique brand of exotic, heavy music to soaring new heights in terms of complexity and catchiness.

Commented vocalist Kobi Farhi: "As people that were born into the tragedy of our region, we have always been devoted to creating harmony between conflicts, a musical heaven on earth, a tango between God and Satan. Even in the album's artwork we combined Hebrew and Arabic, regardless of the fight between Jews and Muslims. I found a Jordanian guy, specialized in calligraphic artwork. He took letters from Hebrew and Arabic and moulded them in his art to create a symbol of peace. Same goes for our band photo, where we portrayed a synergy between the three monotheistic religions that believe in the same God and yet ridiculously have been killing each other for centuries 'in the name of God' and turned the holy land into an orphaned land. Naturally, we continued this idea of union on a musical level as well and the result is as always crazy, it's a miracle — in our concerts: our Jewish fans sing in Arabic and our Muslim fans sing in Hebrew, brave friendships have spawned and our Middle Eastern metal music destroys all this political witchcraft we have been trapped in for so long. This is a musical journey of hope in lands of war, creating heaven on earth, building a new Jerusalem."