While Heaven Wept

RNA

Bila tema, al' je obrisana u onom velikom «genocidu» izvrsenom nad gomilom topica. WHW je jedan od najjacih doom bendova i tu nema sta da se tupi. Sorrow Of The Angels mi je sigurno u top 10 doom albuma svih vremena, ali je Of Empires Forlorn previse prog za moj ukus. Radio sam interview sa ovim bendom pre 2-3 godine, ali to nikad nije objavljeno. Tu je Tom Philips (vocal/guitar) najavio snimanje novog albuma "Vast Oceans Lachrymose", koga sad kako cujem zavrsavaju. Ajd’ da vidimo kako ce to da zvuci. BTW procitao sam na par mesta da je kroz WHW proslo 65 muzicara i da je jedino Tom Philips ostao od originalne postave.

• 2 weeks later...

Dugo vremena su mi bili malo kanda pateticni, mada su mi se s vremenom dopali. "Sorrow Of The Angels" je odlican. "La Mort D'Amor" sa EP-a, jako lepa pesma. "Of Empires Forlorn" doduse i dalje tesko varim, preterano mi je prog metal.

Pa dobro, ne bas pateticni, nego... Secam se da sam procitao prilican broj pohvalnih kritika o ovom bendu, a cuo sam ih tek kad su izdali "Of Empires Forlorn". Bili su mi nekako isuvise mekani sa tim albumom, bio mi je prilicno razocaravajuc, mada je tehnicki tu sve na mestu. On mi i danas nesto ne lezi. Tek od skora sam krenuo da slusam prvi album, koji je drugacija prica i koji mi se dosta dopada.

• 2 years later...

Sad mora da vratim ovu temu sa poslednje strane na pocetak, neko bi rekao konacno update iz WHW tabora i to kakav:

Greetings to all of you once again...

I'm very proud to announce that as of yesterday, September 28th, 2009 the "Vast Oceans Lachrymose" album has been completed...after 5 tumultous years...approximately 14 years after it was first discussed (albeit with a different tracklist)...anyway, the bottom line is...it is DONE.

There's no doubt we could've continued working on it, but perhaps the details and minutia that would be affected are ultimately irrelevant to anyone outside of the band and our engineer Chris Salamone. Further, we literally worked up to the very last possible minute given the time necessary to manufacture and ship in time for the release dates.

Speaking of those, for the compact disc edition, they are as follows:

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009 - North America

Friday, November 6th, 2009 - Europe

The album is (and has been) available for pre-order through several retail outlets, and will be available through most major stores. I am sure there will be a plethora of online retailers as well, including Cruz Del Sur Music directly.

We will also be making the album and various tracks available electronically via all the existing options, and more details will be made available regarding that soon.

Additionally, a 180gm audiophile LP version (in a stellar gatefold sleeve) will be released via Maniacal Records in a limited edition of 500 copies. The actual release date of this will be determined after we've had the chance to listen to the test pressings and insure all is well. Expect it before the end of the year however.

Coming up next will be massive website updates, information about merchandise, and upcoming shows in support of the album.

Thanks again to everyone who has waited so patiently for this album...I cannot tell you how much of a relief it is to be done...I sacrificed so many things over the last 5 years and most recently my physical and emotional health in order to complete this on time...your comments are certainly welcome and encouraged...but please understand that I am desperately in need of sleep and I'm also dealing with a case of postpartum depression, so if I don't respond instantly to you, just give me a week or so to catch up on everything that I need to.

Cheers...more soon...

Tom Phillips

September 29th, 2009

I to sve izgleda ovako:

review_20090928133019.jpg

While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose - Cruz Del Sur - 2009 [ CD ]

1. The Furthest Shore

2. To Wander The Void

3. Living Sepulchre

4. Vessel

5. Vast Oceans Lachrymose

6. Epilogue

• 1 month later...

Preslušah gai ja jednom. Da li je iznenađujuće što ovako zvuči album, pa i nije baš s obzirom kako je zvučao prošli, puno klavijatura, čist zvuk, a bilo je i nekih pop deonica. Jedino su ovde ubacili one brze euro-power segmente bez kojih bi mi se album više svideo, naročito u pesmama The Furthest Shore i Living Sepulchre. A Vessel počinje odlično, ali je refren previše poppy i ponavlja se previše puta. A i bubnjevi nekako nemaju dinamiku, previše ravni. Najviše mi se sviđaju akustični pasaži i oni sporiji delovi, kojih ima, ali jako malo. Album nije mnogo lošiji od prošlog, ali to je zato što mi se ni on nije baš naročito svideo osim 2-3 njegove pesme.

Evo šta kaže Tom o sledećem, albumu:

I also wanted to mention that the follow-up to VOL, "Fear Of Infinity" is a dark fucking album...no "Vessels" on there at all...and yes, it is completely written and has been...really it's the other half of the VOL album...those who've already heard VOL will note that "Epilogue" changes the feel right at the end....that's where "Fear Of Infinity" picks up. Albeit with even more aggressive riffs...and balanced by what is clearly the greatest doom song WHW has ever written...and quite possibly the last. Doom song that is. (But knowing the way my life has taken so many twists and turns, who knows...I guess it all depends upon where we are as people when the time comes for the 5th album)

• 11 months later...

Da, ima baš na ovom linku 2 komada, odlično je. DVD će imati jednu viška pesmu. Minusi su mi što su neke pesme skraćene, kontam ja da je fest ali opet me nervira; i što su utišavali publiku između pesama, gubi se live feeling. Ali svejedno zvuči super jebeš ga, pesme sa novog baš jebu kevu.

• 2 weeks later...

Virginia's epic doom metal unit WHILE HEAVEN WEPT has inked a deal with Nuclear Blast Records. The band is currently in the studio recording its new album, "Fear of Infinity", for an April 2011 release. The group is also mapping out tour plans and has already confirmed several festival appearances.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pogledah i DVD, svirka je odlična. Činilo mi se da su Švabe mirne ali kad sam pogledao bonuse iz Amerike shvatio sam šta je mirna publika :lol: Jako dobra svirka, Rain peva kao zmaj, na DVDu ima bonus pesma To wander the void koje nema na audio delu, a Tom je najavljuje kao njihov tribute John Arch FW eri :rockdevil: i da, zaboravio sam da pomenem da su u Thus with kiss I die ubacili neki jam deo od 4-5 minuta. Ima kao bonus i intervju, jes' da Švaba očigledno baš i nije upoznat sa radom benda ali meni se veoma dojmio jer se vidi da su momci iz benda totalni muzički geekovi i da obožavaju ono što rade, ima i malo Slough feg worshipa :rockdevil:

Sve u svemu - u Pešti su početkom juna, moram se iscimati tamo.