Faith No More

Srle8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Administrator
Faith No More have announced their final live show and are supposedly breaking up for good afterwards - despite the rumors the band are working on a new album. After a hiatus of eleven years the band reformed in early 2009 for a string of reunion dates.

At the Ilosaarirock Festival in Finland last July, frontman Mike Patton announced it was Faith No More's last appearance together. But the band now announced one more show in Santiago, Chile on December 5 and confirmed this performance will be their last before parting ways for good.

"When we decided to get together, it was to reconnect," says keyboardist Roddy Bottum. "Doing these shows was the only thing we were going to do."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

FAITH NO MORE will perform a two-song set during this year's Teletón on December 4 at Estadio Nacional in Santiago, Chile.

Teletón is a 27-hour telethon to raise funds to help chilldren with developmental disabilities (most commonly cerebral palsy). It is broadcast by most major television and radio stations and is hosted by television personality Mario Kreutzberger, also known as Don Francisco.

On December 5, FAITH NO MORE will play the final show of its reunion tour at Estadio Bicentenario de La Florida in Santiago. Also scheduled to appear are special guests PRIMUS along with support acts MONOTONIX and FULANO.

In a recent interview with Consequence Of Sound, FAITH NO MORE bassist Billy Gould spoke about the possibility of the influential '90s alt-metal act playing more shows after the Santiago concert. "I personally can't see us not doing any more shows again, I just don't see it," he said. "There's no point in not to do it. Why quit now? I think it's just this tour… We did this tour and that's what we decided to do. And we did it. We accomplished this goal, it worked out for all of us, and then we look at each other and say, 'Hey what do you want to do now?' And I think that's how it's got to be."

Regarding how the reunion tour has gone so far, Gould said, "I was probably the guy who dragged his feet the most in doing this, and I've got to say it exceeded my expectations 100 percent. It was much better than my best-case scenario, and my worst case didn't even come into play."

FAITH NO MORE made a comeback in June 2009 with a headlining performance at the Brixton Academy in London, England and has been playing sporadic shows ever since.

After FAITH NO MORE completes its reunion tour, all of the group's members are expected to resume work on their own individual projects.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148969

Meni je uvek žao kad pročitam ovakvu vest, ali bolje i poštenije i tako nego da cimbuljaju loše pod stare dane ko neki (kad se samo setim Billy Idola na koncertu.. ufff.... :( )

pretpostavljam da misliš na bilijev nastup u okviru "jedva se zbrasmo" festa? on je na exitu bio odličan, a ni tada baš nije bio mladić, tako da ne verujem da je na tom ušće festu bio problem u njemu...

u principu se slažem da je bolje ne raditti nego raditi loše, ali mislim da je FNM daleko od "ciumbuljanja", rijunjn im je bio odličan, bar koncerti koje sam uspeo da vidim...

Edited by johnnyzzz

• 1 month later...
Guest Administrator

http://www.smnnews.com/2010/12/09/faith-no-more-finally-call-it-quits/

Frontman Mike Patton adjusted the lyrics slightly to say:

“This has been the saddest day of my life – I called you guys here today for a bit of bad news. I won’t be able to see you any more, because of our obligations and the ties you all have. Since this is our last day together I want to hold you just one more time.”

At the end of the song he threw himself into the crowd and surfed for about a minute, before climbing back onto the stage and walking off, without looking back.

Epic

Everything’s Ruined

Be Aggressive

Caffeine

Ben

The Gentle Art of Making Enemies

Last Cup of Sorrow

Helpless

Cuckoo for Caca

Evidence

As The Worm Turns

Midlife Crisis

Spirit

King for a Day

Qué He Sacado con Quererte

Ashes to Ashes

Just a Man

Zombie Eaters

Surprise you’re dead

We Care a Lot

Easy

Digging The Grave

Kiss and Say Goodbye

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

N00b ovde, i moram reći da poslednjih par nedelja dosta slušam Faith no more. Angel dust i The Real thing su pretrpani opasnim stvarima. Be agressive, Midlife crisis, Epic, Surprise! You're dead!, Smaller and smaller, Falling to pieces... :rockdevil:

Poslušao sam i King for a day i Album of the year, ali nisu ostavili utisak na mene kao dva gore navedena. Some bad-ass stuff. :muzicar:

"King For A Day" je za dlacicu ispod "Angel Dust"a i "The Real Thing"a, dok je "Album Of The Year" ubedljivo na cetvrtom mestu po kvalitetu, premda mi je "Last Cup of Sorrow" sa istog medj 5 omiljenih FnM numera.

Inace, videh da imaju krajem godine koncerte u Cileu i Brazilu, dakle rade i dalje. Nek padne sledece godine opet evropska turneja, i milina.