Strapping Young Lad

azal

evo nekih vesti, za azala (ako ve ne zna):

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD NEWS

Maniacal Canadian extremists STRAPPING YOUNG LAD have just entered Armoury Studios in Vancouver to record the follow-up to their critically acclaimed 2002 release, SYL. Devin Townsend (vocals, guitars) checks in with the following studio update.

"Here's a heads up from the Dev, speaking on behalf of the STRAPPING camp. We recently put in a long touring year and we all went through many changes as a result. We took this year for everyone to get their shit together on a personal and business level and really analyzed what it was about, what SYL represents that makes it (to us) so powerful.

We toured with Meshuggah last year, and everyone really connected. Gene Hoglan (Death, Testament) and I saw the musical connection established by those guys and really wanted to see if we could finally do the same. It seems the more shit you get over and out into the open in terms of a band relationship, the more you realize that the only job we have to do and do well is rock. And not in a 'group hug, lets all hold hands and pray' kind of way, but more to do with the fact that we spend a fuck of a lot of time together, not discussing something as trivial as maybe somebody's stinky feet.

Christian and Raymond (Fear Factory) seemed to mirror this connection when we met up with them during the writing of their latest album, and it got Gene and I thinking...'why don't we explore the freaks within' and try to make something really unique. And thus, after 7 months of preparation, we have finally started recording what we think of as being a new chapter in the SYL evolution. I personally was really discouraged by 'metal' lyrical themes. I relate to anger and anxiety, but I'm not really free-floating in terms of it anymore. Life gets pretty complicated with mortgages, relationships, age, death, family, children and money. These are now the things I find myself and the people in my age group more focused on now.

For a few years, I've had the idea of the ultimate metal band, and after SYL (the album) laid the re-establishing framework coupled with the hectic touring season last year and our kick ass new DVD, we figured it was time to put it all together. We wanted to really be objective with our catalog and new material in terms of what was below par, or 'songs to illustrate an effect' when I think of SYL. I now want to think of us in terms of 'extreme music' as well as extreme metal. We are now in a position (if we kick ass...and we do) to become something really fucking neat.

Metal gets a bad rap. The reason a lot of us are involved in it is there are few ways artistically to convey this amount of tangible EXTREME emotion than heavy music. Its bluntness in terms of the conveying of raw emotion is the key I think to its appeal. We want STRAPPING to be appreciated by jazz dudes, classical dudes or whomever. We're musicians first who choose to play extreme metal / music because of it's ability to really make an impact when it needs to. Times are fairly strange. STRAPPING is a forum for a whole bunch of friends and artists to come together and FUCK SHIT UP...with the best sounds, production, tunes, drums, vox, guitars, bass and keys we can possibly do. We don't want to please anybody, but we want to give people panic attacks and temporary mania (catharsis!!!).

We entered the Armoury Studios in Vancouver about a week back, and Gene played the best drums of his career. His drumming on this record is fully unique, and we have been filming a 'making of' the record for the digipak release.

Song titles (so far)

Imperial

Skeksis

Shitstorm

Love?

Shine

Possesions

Landscape

Zen

What's new, pusscat? (trust us, it's cool... god help us to never make a video for it or we'll be fucked for the rest of our career...)

Stay tuned, syl muthurfuggers."

www.strappingyounglad.com

###

dzaba ti sto si upalio ICQ kad sam ja dosad bio u basti s lulom i sliwowotzm.

kompijlacije.

pjan bre misli na isis remice 3 i 4

i jos malo rakije imam al jos malok ,

sta lazar kaze 15 seotenbar,?>

a?

stvar je da nemam tracklist pa nemam sra je 3 a sta 4?

poz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

vesti.. copy - paste..

pogledajte samo koji cover rade? ph34r.gif

According to Blabbermouth.net, the Canadian band set the title of the new album as "Alien". The release of the album is scheduled for March 2005, through Century Media Records.

"It took drummer Gene Hoglan (Dark Angel, ex-Death) only three days in late August to pound through 11 tracks at the Armoury in Vancouver before the band moved on to Greenhouse Studios (also in Vancouver) to record the guitars and vocals. The remaining work is being done in SYL mainman Devin Townsend's studio in Maple Ridge (suburb of Vancouver). Songtitles set to appear on the CD include:

01. Imperial

02. Skeksis

03. Shitstorm

04. Love?

05. Shine

06. Possessions

07. Landscape

08. Zen

09. What's New, Pussycat? (Tom Jones cover)

SYL will release their first-ever DVD, entitled "For Those Aboot To Rock (Live at the Commodore)", on November 15 through Century Media Records. The disc features a full set from the band's sold-out hometown show at The Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver recorded earlier this year, plus some "hilarious" backstage antics and video clips. The DVD will be available for the price of a regular CD".

• 3 weeks later...