Immolation

Grobodan

Ja verujem da ovaj bend može i dalje da izbaci dobar materijal, najveća greška je bila što su pre (ubedljivo) najslabijeg, poslednjeg albuma, izbacili EP Providence, koji je zvučao vrhunski, a i album Majesty je bio poprilično dobar, tako da su verovatno u tom kratkom periodu iscrpli sve ideje, zato je prošli i zvučao tako slabo i bezidejno. Imali su gotovo tri godine da spreme ovaj album, tako da sam optimističan, ako ispadne sranje, kao i prošli, onda zaista nema leba od ovog benda, nažalost, jer su svojim maestralnim albumima obeležili kako devedesete, tako i dveiljadite i uz Nile održavali kvalitet Death Metala u predhodnim godinama, ne baš tako sjajnim za ovaj podpravac!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One particular experience that really touched me — and I think truly opened my eyes to the positive effect this music has on people — was back in 2012. We were on tour with Marduk in Europe and were playing Serbia for the first time in our lives. We've had shows scheduled there in the past, but these shows were always cancelled due to the political climate, which was unfortunate for the fans and for us. We played in Belgrade in September of that year, and it was one of the best shows of the tour as far as excitement and crowd response. The people we met and spoke with were all so excited to see us and were all super cool to talk to and hang out with. They made us feel welcome and couldn’t wait to see us perform.

During the set, we played a mixture of older and newer songs as we usually do, and on this particular night we played the song “Father You’re Not a Father." During the song there was a young man in the front row pressed up against the barrier singing along and going nuts. After the show, we were out in the crowd meeting the fans, shaking hands, and this guy from the front row came up to me. He hugged me and started to cry, telling me how the show and our performance really struck a nerve with him, and he couldn’t express how happy he was to finally meet us. He told me that Immolation was his father’s favorite band, and “Father You’re Not a Father” was his favorite song. He told me his father would play our music every day when he was younger, and he eventually became a fan of Immolation as well.

The sad part of the story came when he told me his father was in the military and was killed while serving. The fact that we played his father’s favorite song was something he told me he would never forget, and that he was just thankful that we were able to talk so he could share his story. He wished his father could have been there for that moment, and described how happy he would have been. It was a story that truly touched me, and gave me a better understanding of how powerful music can be in people’s lives.

http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2017/7/2/possessed-since-dawn-an-interview-with-immolations-ross-dolan

• Upvote 9

Zanimljiva priča, a koncert stvarno beše ubistven, treba nam još takvih.. Sećam se da je neki lik sve vreme vikao Christ's Cage, ali je nažalost bio uskraćen, eto to bi možda bila i jedina zamerka, ali stvarno koncert za pamćenje!

• 3 weeks later...