Porcupine Tree

Vitamin K Experience

• 3 weeks later...
I'm very happy to announce that following the release of my new solo album "Grace For Drowning" in September, I will be undertaking my first ever solo tour of Europe and North America. For this tour I am very fortunate to have the talents of an extraordinary line up of musicians to perform the music - Marco Minnemann on drums, Nick Beggs on bass, Aziz Ibrahim on guitar, Gary Husband on keyboards, and Theo Travis on flute / sax. And myself (not extraordinary) on vocals, guitars and keyboards. The shows will also include a lot of multimedia and films, material that is being especially prepared by Lasse Hoile as we speak. The music will be drawn from both my solo albums (the newest of which is a double CD, so there is plenty of material to choose from), but please do not come along and shout out for PT songs! The dates will be announced in the next 24 hours or so at www.gracefordrowning.com, but run approximately from mid October to mid November. Please come along if you can, I think these shows are going to be quite an adventure.

SW u vezi sa solo albumom i turneji...

Grace for Drowning is released on KScope on Sept. 27. From the press release:

Grace For Drowning; also represents a milestone in audio fidelity as the first-ever new rock album released primarily as a Blu-Ray video disc, with music in 5.1 surround sound and accompanying video content for every song. The video content includes music videos starring Wilson (hes only appeared in two previous music videos) as well as excerpts from the recording, mixing, and mastering sessions, presented in interactive formats that bring fans closer than ever to the production process.

Says Wilson, " 'Insurgentes' was an important step for me into something new. This record takes that as a starting point, but it's more experimental and more eclectic. For me the golden period for music was the late sixties and early seventies, when the album became the primary means of artistic expression, when musicians liberated themselves from the 3 minute pop song format, and started to draw on jazz and classical music especially, combining it with the spirit of psychedelia to create journeys in sound, I guess you could call them. So without being retro, my album is a kind of homage to that spirit. There's everything from [Ennio] Morricone-esque film themes to choral music to piano ballads to a 23 minute progressive jazz inspired piece. I've actually used a few jazz musicians this time, which is something I picked up from my work remixing the King Crimson records."

Kul je sve ovo ali nekako bih voleo da bar jedna godina prođe bez albuma na kom Steva nije radio, da se malo uželim. Too much of a good thing...

Cemu to? Da je failovao nesto skoro pa 'ajde, a ovako, 20 godina winova i winova, meni Steve ama nikad dosta.

Pa ono, poslednji Blackfield mi najslabiji od sva 3, PTree poslednji najslabiji od poslednjih 5-6... malo neka skupi snagu ;) mada što kažeš, nije failovao ali nekako postaje izdavanje nekog albuma na kom je on očekivana stvar, nema više slatkog hajpa.

Нашао сам боље решење, last.fm + Chrome player.

Добри су они мени, иако их нисам много слушао. Имао сам пре све албуме, али се то негде погубило.

Pa ono, poslednji Blackfield mi najslabiji od sva 3, PTree poslednji najslabiji od poslednjih 5-6... malo neka skupi snagu ;) mada što kažeš, nije failovao ali nekako postaje izdavanje nekog albuma na kom je on očekivana stvar, nema više slatkog hajpa.

Meni je BF u rangu sa prosla dva, a PT jeste slabiji Incident od nekih proslih, ali podaleko od toga da je los album, to su ovde samo hipsteri kukali kako im los. Isti mi je fazon kao Syx novi recimo, sam za sebe odlican, u diskografiji ipak u nizem rangu. Insurgentes isto bio odlican... U principu, ima daleko gorih bendova stancera, a s obzirom da je PT u boljem rangu, ne znam sto bi oni, ili Steva, stajali...

I drago mi je sto nema hajpa, ne treba kvalitetu hajp, to nek se ostavi za Ghost i slicnu boraniju.

edit: Radumire, "Stupid Dream" prvo, pa sve ostalo.

Edited by Angelystor

Kuruz je hipster, diskografiju na shuffle. :mrgreen:

Ne no ozbiljno, jebeš taj last.fm i te šuflove, vrti jedan album, izdvojiš pjesme pa ideš dalje. Ako tako slušaš nećeš nikad zapamtiti šta si slušao, a ovo nije neka samo atmosferična muzika pa da nije toliko bitno.

I meni je Stupid Dream najbolji.

Edited by Andrija Smith

Haha kakav si, moraš da bocneš ;) ne mislim na hajpovanje benda, nego lični hajp, ono - da ja iščekujem i brojim dane do izlaska albuma. Ovako znam da će svake godine izaći nešto od Steve, nije više neki hepening ;) I meni je dobar Incident naravno.

I da, Opus eponymous > Welcome to my DNA

:P