Porcupine Tree

Vitamin K Experience

Da ne ispada da samo SW radi nešto sa strane, evo najave novog Colinovog projekta, Metallic Taste of Blood, sa tri pesme za počuti:

http://www.rarenoiserecords.com/jukebox/mtob/mtob/

Kao i recenzija koja album opisuje kao mešavinu stilova i instrumenata, od elektronike, preko metala do klavirsko-ambijentalnih pasaža: http://www.thisisnotascene.com/2012/metallic-taste-of-blood-metallic-taste-of-blood/

The album itself is remarkable; each musician has brought with them such a level of creativity, accomplishment and compositional ability, it’s difficult to know where to begin. A huge variety of sounds and instruments has been assembled to create some truly original music. It’s certainly not an album that is easy to categorise; in fact, it’s damn near impossible.

‘Sectile’ sets the tone for the album, beginning with a haunting, exotic sound overlaying what appear to be fairly standard bass, drums and guitar: so far, a little out of the ordinary – but where is it heading? The answer arrives when the rhythm mutates into a rapid drum and bass passage with moving, plaintive piano, which then becomes crashing and discordant.

• 1 month later...

http://soundcloud.co...ng-demo-2001-03

I found this on an old computer – it’s a demo for either the In Absentia or Deadwing albums, something that never got used – I can’t be totally sure because while it shares lyrical themes with the songs on In Absentia, one of the melodies seems to relate to another piece from Deadwing era. I don’t remember too much about it, other than I guess it wasn’t good enough to get any further than this. Rescued from the abyss, so I only have a compressed audio file of this one, sorry about that – SW

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

New Blackfield Album To Be Released On August 26th

Israel’s leading counter-culture rock musician Aviv Geffen returns with Blackfield IV, featuring Steven Wilson and other special collaborators.

The new album includes guest vocal performancess from Brett Anderson (Suede), Jonathan Donahue (Mercury Rev) and Vincent Cavanagh (Anathema).

Since Welcome To My DNA, Geffen’s profile has continued to rise and Aviv has worked with legendary producers Tony Visconti and Trevor Horn, played live with U2 and Placebo, and has been a judge on the Israeli TV show,The Voice.

Aviv contributed the writing and vocals on Blackfield IV, with Steven Wilson – who also mixed the album – adding guitar and vocal parts.

This vinyl edition is pressed on heavyweight (180g) vinyl and is packaged in a gatefold sleeve.

bf4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Mali podsetnik na jos jednu saradnju Barbieria... jeste da je stara stvar, ali mislim da je prosla nezapazeno ovde (ITF tipujem na tebe da ce ti se svideti)

Tim Bowness je lik koji sa SW cini bend No-man, ko nije preslusao taj bend, topla preporuka :da:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3tgHGvaQE

• 2 weeks later...

Gavin Harrison reveals tracklist for new album ‘Cheating the Polygraph’

“I think every album needs a focus – a master plan – and whilst I thought about writing new tunes for a big band project – I made a version of PT’s Futile (with Laurence Cottle) and it came out really well. It felt like a good plan to follow on with some of my personal favourite PT songs and see if we could make them work. I had a vision that the arrangements would never lean towards a clichéd classic big band sound but always follow a modern contemporary angle.

So even if you didn’t know the original tune you could still enjoy it as a modern composition that would work with this instrumentation. I couldn’t be happier with the results. Laurence Cottle’s immense talent as a musician and arranger was mind blowing.”

Tracklist:

What Happens Now?

Sound Of Muzak/So Called Friend

The Start Of Something Beautiful

Heart Attack In A Layby/The Creator Had A Mastertape/Surfer

The Pills I’m Taking (from Anesthetize)

Hatesong/Halo

Cheating The Polygraph/Mother & Child Divided

Futile

• 2 months later...