Neurosis

darthmoog

• 3 weeks later...

Founding Neurosis guitarist/vocalist SCOTT KELLY is preparing to release his new solo album in North America via Neurot Records on August 14th.

The past two years have seen SCOTT KELLY touring across three continents, besides recording for and releasing a split 7″ with Wino and the most recent Songs of Townes Van Zandt tribute album with Wino and fellow Neurosis mate Steve Von Till. The highly anticipated new full-length sees KELLY once again digging deep into very personal territories as on his previous solo works including his lauded Spirit Bound Flesh and The Wake, yet forges a brand new path as fellow musicians Noah Landis (Neurosis) and Greg Dale join this new venture as SCOTT KELLY AND THE ROAD HOME. Jason Roeder (Neurosis, Sleep) and Josh Graham (A Storm Of Light) make guest appearances on the album’s seventh track “The Field That Surrounds Me” and the cover art for the album was completed by Thomas Hooper.

The eight tracks found on the new opus, entitled The Forgiven Ghost In Me, was recorded by Landis, and runs deep with over forty minutes of foreboding Americana over eight new anthems, showcasing the ever-evolving artist brandishing some of his most expressive hymns of pain, reflection and redemption to date. Stated SCOTT KELLY on the album: “This record continues my passion for acoustic experimentation, this time with a more fleshed out sound and a more diverse use of musicians and instrumentation. But in the end, as I have stated before, this is all about the songs in their rawest form. The stories that they reveal and the emotions that run rampant through my heart.”

North American preorders for The Forgiven Ghost In Me can be placed now VIA NEUROT. Stay tuned for new SCOTT KELLY tour dates and more info on the forthcoming album in the weeks ahead.

NR083_SK-TFGIM-e1342032916788.jpg

The Forgiven Ghost In Me Track Listing:

1. A Spirit Redeemed To The Sun

2. The Forgiven Ghost In Me

3. In The Waking Hours

4. Within It Blood

5. We Let The Hell Come

6. The Sun Is Dreaming In The Soul

7. The Field That Surrounds Me

8. We Burn Through The Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=578N0SkWVWY

Opušteno, mene je onaj tribute za Townes-a toliko izuo iz cipelica da to nije zdravo, još će ovo da legne na ono raspoloženje krajem avgusta savršeno, a album će samo da se ispiša po svemu za kraj godine i ćao.

• 3 weeks later...