Grobodan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

*TREES OF ETERNITY START RECORDING DEBUT ALBUM*

So dear people, finally! :D

The news we have been waiting to share with you:

On the 24th of February we enter one of the best studios on the planet, Fascination Street Studios in Sweden, to begin album recordings.

For this upcoming album we will be working with the amazing producer Jens Bogren (who has worked on albums by Opeth, Paradise Lost, Katatonia, Daylight Dies, Swallow the Sun, Draconian, Soilwork etc etc) as well as FS recording engineer Johan Örnborg.

This first leg of the studio recordings will be recording drums, played by the one and only Kai Hahto (Swallow the Sun, Wintersun). In March it will be time for the next step, which is guitars, but we will reveal more about that soon.

More details about the album, musicians and the recording process will be posted along the way, as the ship sails on-

Towards the Black Ocean.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, guys. We are saddened to announce that Kai won't be playing drums on the next Swallow the Sun release, or on upcoming tours. Kai's job with Nightwish will take so much of his time, at least for the next couple of years, that we all have agreed that from now on it is better for the amazing Juuso Raatikainen to take on the drums officially. Kai is our brother, and will always be a member of Swallow the Sun, so he has not been kicked out, nor has he resigned, but now we have Juuso on board as well – no drama or other bullshit, just a bigger family.

Then, some better news: hopefully, we'll soon be able to reveal you massive news about the next chapter of Swallow the Sun's gloomy path. The music for the next Swallow the Sun release has been ready for over a year, but we are going to release something so huge, that to make this happen the negotiations with Spinefarm have also taken a year. We are very close to getting into an agreement on both sides, and then we can, finally, enter the studio. This is something that not many bands have ever done before – not in Finland, and not often in the whole world – but, until we get the green light to hit the studio and start recording this opus, the secret will hold. Godspeed

Edited by Talvi

• 6 months later...

definitivno će biti nešto, potpisali su za Century Media

i kažu:

"We are currently working on new songs in the studio for a release coming out later this year. More good news coming soon!"

:rockdevil:

i ovo:

“We are currently working our hearts out in the studio recording an album that will come out later this year. All we can tell you at this point is that this is something that has not been done many times before, and maybe for a good reason. But we could not care less about that. We want to take a stand to bring the worth and heart back to the music in these shallow times our friends. More news about this huge Opus coming soon!”

• 2 months later...

The new SWALLOW THE SUN release will be a triple album entitled Songs From The North I, II & III. The Finnish sextet’s last album, Emerald Forest And The Blackbird, was released in winter 2012; come November 2015, the long wait between recordings will finally be over.

Main songwriter and guitarist Juha Raivio comments on the triple album concept: “Making a triple album in this godforsaken digital and modern day and age...Many will say it's madness. I say it is to bring worth, heart and respect back into the music and to the album format where it belongs. This should never turn into a shallow fast food industry where music is only downloaded one song at a time.

These albums hold life, death, gloom, beauty and despair in their deepest levels and forms. The three chapters are different but connected, one long journey through these songs written up here in the North.

Music is holy, albums are holy. See you on the other side, friends.”

Soundi Magazine (FI) has published a story about the new SWALLOW THE SUN release. See below for an excerpt from the article that reveals more details about the three albums:

Juha Raivio: “We will release a three studio album package, called ‘Songs From The North I, II & III’. The records are very different from each other, but still form one entity: one with respect for SWALLOW THE SUN's traditions, the second beautifully acoustic, and the third a trip into funeral doom´s dark world.

I wonder if any Finnish band has previously released three new studio albums at the same time? This might be a historic release? I hope so.”

Timo Isoaho (Soundi Magazine): “I mean, three new studio albums! It must have been enormous task?”

Raivio: “Well, we have been short of sleep…We have undeniably done quite a lot work for these records. My attitude towards this very personal entity has been that if this project kills me, at least I can sleep well knowing that it’s the most important SWALLOW THE SUN release.”

Stay tuned for more news about Songs From The North I, II & III coming soon!