• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Our official source for the scoop on a David Lynch directed Netflix series, Production Weekly, in its December 10 issue replaced “Untitled David Lynch Project” with the curiosity-inducing “Unrecorded Night.” According to the trade publication, “Wisteria” remains the working title.

Unrecorded Night (Working Title: Wisteria) in Production Weekly (December 2020)

It has stayed off the radar for a surprisingly long time that David Lynch copyrighted 13 unpublished ‘episodes’ of Unrecorded Night in the “Dramatic Work” category back in June 2020. The work itself was created in 2019. Hat tip to @warmquietnight for discovering this in the public U.S. Copyright Office catalog.

Unrecorded Night Episodes David LynchUnrecorded Night Episodes 11 12 13 Copyright David Lynch

A total of 13 episodes were filed, which matches the number of mini-movies mentioned by Reddit user canthaveit who was “in the know” about a David Lynch project codenamed Wisteria since February.

Besides just being a cool Lynchian title, “Unrecorded Night” is also the translation for the Old English word “nihtscada” or nightshade. The nightshade family includes many poisonous and psychoactive plants, like Mandrake, Belladone, and Henbane. That circles us back to Wisteria, which contains a toxic called wisterin that may cause confusion, dizziness, speech problems, and collapse. And there we have all the proper elements for the plot of a new David Lynch project…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Kenneth Welsh (1942-2022) 2022)'

We're sorry to learn that Ken Welsh, who played Windom Earle in Twin Peaks, passed away, a few weeks after his 80th Birthday...

“Bob [Engels] knew me very well. He said “Ken, he’s (Windom) like this playful character who has this classical theatre thing going on as well”. Windom seems to be this evil character, he can’t help it, but there’s a playfulness in Windom that I liked to embody, an edge of humour with an ironic twist, and also, his ability to disguise himself so fully that he’s actually proud of himself, as I would be too. He liked to fool you with different ways of presenting a character, the dialect or movement, or ways of speaking; it was like my own kind of crazy ways as an actor and the ways I explore that bought me to this character in the way that it did. I don’t relate to his evil side at all of course.”

Nikada nisam svario njegovog lika, ali mi je ponovo zao kada jedan od glumaca ode sa ovog sveta. Bio je simpatican u Lodge 49.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...