Redemption

Acid Rain

Hm, posle par preslušavanja, čini mi se da album nije i nešto toliko slabiji od prethodnika. Nekako je "nenametljiviji", ako tako mogu da se odrazim. Ne znam da li su i ostali stekli utisak da ima više tehnikalija, vožnji i gitarsko-ritmičkih jurnjava u odnosu na Snowfall. Uglavnom, No Tickets to the Funeral mi se izdvaja kao favorit iz senke, iako na albumu ja ne spazih neki izraziti hit... Zadovoljan sam i ne smatram da je album mnogo u senci Arch/Matheos ostvarenja, kako neko gore poredi...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nisam slušao novi album neko vreme, pa se valjda malo "slegao", i sad kad sam ga pustio opet shvatio sam da mi pevanje u pojedinim pesmama poprilično smeta. Koliko god da mi se Ray-ovo pevanje sviđalo na prethodnim albumima, toliko mi je ovde nekako slabo i... pa ajd da ne kažem monotono, ali je nekako... prazno. Zvuči kao da se baš muči sa pojedinim deonicama, e sad, da li je to zato što one nisu prilagođene njegovom rasponu glasa ili je, pak, on počeo malo da gubi te neke više registre, pitanje je. Uglavnom, ako zanemarimo produkciju koja mi je baš bzvz ovde, pevanje je svakako najslabija tačka albuma. Plus, onaj bonus disk je potpuno suvišan, em su bzvz pesme obradili, em to i nisu uradili baš intereasntno.

Btw, jel provalio još neko da ceo album govori o Nick-ovoj bolesti i čitavoj, srećom uspešnoj, borbi sa istom?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

REDEMPTION, the U.S. progressive metal band featuring in its ranks guitarist/songwriter Nick Van Dyk and legendary FATES WARNING vocalist Ray Alder, has completed recording a new album, due laer in the year via Metal Blade Records. The band's current lineup is rounded out by bassist Sean Andrews, drummer Chris Quirarte and guitarist Bernie Versailles, who is presently on a medical leave of absence from REDEMPTION.

Nick Van Dyk comments on signing with Metal Blade: "We are incredibly fired up to join the Metal Blade family. Brian [Slagel] and his team have been friends for years and many of them have been supporters of the band from early days, and the influence of Brian and his label on the history of heavy music is indelible. We're working with friends who are passionate about the music and who are some of the best in the world at what they do. REDEMPTION is really excited about our collaborations to come!"

With the new record, redemption is returning from a longer than usual break. Van Dyk explains: "We've taken the longest break between records in our history, for a number of reasons. But we are excited to return with what I honestly believe may represent the best record thus far in our career. We are just putting the finishing touches on it now. The songs are unmistakably REDEMPTION, with the combination of energy, urgency, melody and heaviness that marks all of our work. But the songwriting and performances have been taken up a notch across the board. The music ranges from short, hard-hitting power/prog to sprawling epics, including the longest song we've ever recorded with Ray on vocals. The album is being mixed as we speak and we're very excited for our fans to hear it!"

Finally, Van Dyk has issued the following update on the status of Bernie Versailles: "This is also the first record we have done without the involvement of our dear friend and bandmate Bernie Versailles, who is recovering from the aneurysm he suffered last October. We are thrilled with his progress but his road to recovery is going to be a long one. After numerous conversations with Bernie, his family and close friends, we have collectively decided that Bernie's recovery should be directed by what is needed to fully restore his physical well being, not by the needs of this band. Bernie is a founding member of this band and his place will be kept for him while he is on extended medical leave. We have been fortunate to have a tremendous guitarist step in, as well as a couple of other special guests. I look forward to announcing these guests in the coming weeks as the album is finalized. The guitar playing on this record is insane — and I think fans of a particular band are going to have their mind absolutely blown and can't wait for the big reveal!

Edited by Angelystor

• 2 months later...

Redemption to release new album "The Art of Loss" in early 2016 via Metal Blade Records

Redemption's sixth album, The Art of Loss, has been completed and will be released early in 2016 by Metal Blade records. Featuring groundbreaking guest performances from a number of legendary musicians, the CD's nine tracks contain over 70 minutes of Redemption's unique blend of passion, melody, aggression and complexity.

Los Angeles-based Redemption is helmed by Nick van Dyk (guitars, keyboards), and includes renowned prog vocalist Ray Alder (Fates Warning, Engine), bassist Sean Andrews, and drummer Chris Quirarte, as well as guitarist Bernie Versailles, who is presently on an indefinite medical leave of absence from the band.

The band recruited several of the finest guitarists in metal to complement van Dyk's playing. "We're fortunate to have worked with a number of amazing musicians," begins van Dyk. "To start with, I'm extremely proud to announce that Chris Poland has lent his immense talent as a special guest on this record, contributing his unique playing on the majority of the songs and elevating our music into extremely interesting territory while calling to mind his work in his previous bands, who need not be named. Additionally, we are fortunate enough to have mind-blowing guest performances from Marty Friedman, Chris Broderick and Simone Mularoni, all of whom are amazing guitarists who add so much to this record."

In addition, Redemption's cover of The Who's classic "Love Reign o'er Me" features a vocal duet between Alder and guest vocalist John Bush. "The combination of Ray's rich melodic voice and John's go-for-broke passion on this track really makes it special," explains van Dyk. "Daltrey's performance on the original is one of the most iconic vocal performances in the history of rock music and John does it great justice."

In addition to the nine tracks featured on the US release, bonus editions will be released in Europe and Japan, each featuring alternate versions of selected songs that highlight the guitar performances of Poland, Friedman, Broderick and Mularoni. In addition, the European release will include an additional cover song (A Great Big World's "Say Something") which features a vocal duet between Alder and van Dyk's daughter Parker, who makes her recording debut after having been the subject of several of Redemption's songs over the years.

The CD was mixed at Jailhouse Studios in Denmark by veteran producer Tommy Hansen (Helloween, Pagan's Mind, Pretty Maids, etc.) who also worked with Redemption on 2009's Snowfall on Judgment Day. The artwork - the band's most extensive to-date - was again created by long-time Redemption collaborator Travis Smith.

See below for the USA track-listing.

Redemption - The Art of Loss track listing

1. The Art of Loss

2. Slouching Towards Bethlehem

3. Damaged

4. Hope Dies Last

5. That Golden Light

6. Thirty Silver

7. The Center of the Fire

8. Love Reign o'er Me

9. At Day's End

Stay tuned for more details about The Art of Loss coming soon!

Redemption online:

http://redemptionweb.com

https://www.facebook.com/RedemptionBand

https://twitter.com/redemptionmetal

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oporavlja se ali ne moze da svira jos, koliko sam skapirao.

a i realno bernie nije neki solo gitarista, verovatno bi zvao ove i da je svirao :D

taj nick sto vodi bend je neka mega ultra budza, fazon neki baja u firmi poput Disneya, ima mnogo kesha i ovo mu je hobi pa mu nije problem da pljune koliko treba.

Edited by azal