Shining

Grobodan

Svedjani,verovatno su upuceni slusali,ali pazite ovo

A BLABBERMOUTH.NET visitor by the name of Peter has submitted the following report from Swedish black metal band SHINING's controversial concert at Diezel in Halmstad, Sweden on February 3:

"I attended the gig and thought I'd give a report since there were so many conflicting stories...I felt that I needed to shed light on a couple of issues.

"So there I was waiting to see SHINING live and buy the new album. I had already seen SHINING one time and that concert was one of my most [memorable] concerts. But things didn't turn out as I thought. First of all, the new CD wasn't available (even though it was the release party) but I later learned that not even the band nor the record company had any copies of the album. Second, VESEN — who was [supposed to be] supporting — didn't show up so they were forced to skip them and go ahead with DHG and SHINING. [Editor's note: VESEN apparently went on after SHINING and closed the gig.]

"As for the third, the professional DVD shoot [that was supposed to take place consisted of] one guy with a camera changing cassettes every 10 minutes.

"The theme from 'Twin Peaks' is played and afterwards some guy with a blonde wig, sack with one hole for his arm and skeleton makeup starts to sing with the band (later I learned that this was none other than Attila from MAYHEM)

IPB Image

and a cloaked man comes onstage and kicks Attila down. The cloaked figure is later revealed to be Kvarforth [sHINING singer Niklas Kvarforth], now covered in professional makeup looking like some shambling zombie; he looks horrifying and agitated at least

IPB Image

And then he grabs a guy's hair and yanks it upwards...and I was starting to get really worried about the direction this gig was taking.

"A couple of songs are finished and Kvarforth is standing with zipped up leather pants and some drunk Swede touches his crotch. Kvarforth looks shocked and shouts 'Don't touch me,' before he kicks the fan in the chest.

"Now he shouts for Maniac [ex-MAYHEM singer] and Maniac comes walking covered in fake blood and makeup AND A SWASTIKA CARVED ON HIS FOREHEAD

IPB Image

IPB Image

"The 'Norwegian fan' that was said to assault Kvarforth was in fact Maniac who started to open a BIG can o' whoopass! Kicking [Kvarforth] down, throwing things at him with full force, I saw Kvarforth being kicked in the spinal column and got thrown guitar stands at him while lying on the floor. It got really terrifying when Maniac picked up a cup and smashed it to the floor which resulted in shards of glass to shatter, flying on the audience.

"And now comes the infamous handing out the razors… Well, there was this crazy Asian guy who knew all the SHINING songs and got eye contact with the singer. Without being hit or spat on, as the young gentleman on the Asian's right side had the pleasure of experiencing, Kvarforth placed a razor in his hand and smiled, dragging his finger across the throat and laughing. The kid put the razor inside his jacket, although he took it in his hand and it looked like he started to cut himself in the palm of his hand...it was very dark so I couldn't see what exactly he was doing but my only thought was 'DUDE! Are you a moron or something, you don't cut yourself with a razor some stranger gives you.'

"And then the last singer to enter the stage — none other than infamous Nattefrost of CARPATHIAN FOREST

IPB Image

(yes, he flashed his dick, by the way), but his stage antics consisted of giving Kvarforth alcohol and singing. Kvarforth later spat out the liquid on the crowd and I knew that it wasn't urine because urine smells. 'Nuff said...

"The [newspaper reports] about the bassist [having quit immediately after the gig] might be because it was [allegedly] planned [for him] to break his arm and let the VESEN bassist finish the rest of the concert as a stand-in bass player (the plans were never put into action) but he was subject of beating and degrading abuse. Maniac also thrashed his bass amp, thus eliminating the bass on the two last songs.

"Post-concert: Hellhammer [MAYHEM/DIMMU BORGIR drummer] was seen at the venue and in Halmstad after the gig. I later learned that Hellhammer was supposed to play a track from 'The Eerie Cold' but due to his drum kit never reaching the venue Ludwig Witt had to step in.

"I must admit that I've never been so afraid [at a concert] in my whole life and everything just went spiralling out of control and I was almost counting down songs and hoping that the show would end without anyone being harmed. But I can't complain — I loved every second of it."

sto bih voleo da sam video ovo

• Downvote 1

ako je to onaj SHINING koji mislim da jeste, onda je to jebeno najbolji black metal koji sam cuo, a ovo znaci da su totalni manijaci. Covece, muzika im je upravo takva, predivan, hladan, manijacki, suicidalni black metal.

meni su Livets Ändhållplats i Angst, Självdestruktivitetens Emissarie omiljeni,mozda vise treci nego drugi,ali u globalu jedan od retkih bendova koji,uz recimo abyssic hate,je u stanju da stvara slicnu atmosferu kao i burzum.

ovo bas dugo nisam slusao,moracu ovih dana :red:

Skinuo sam albume...fina svirka. Pored toga što imaju kvlt, gr1m i frostb1ttenly tr00 nastup, nisu popustljivi ni u muzici. Tekstove nisam čitao, ali mogu da pretpostavim iz title-ova na koju su temu. ^^ Kao što reče jedan lik sa Metal Observer-a: "This is an album that you should listen to with maximum volume, alone in a dark room, with a vodka bottle in one hand and a razor blade in the other…"

Sorry for teh double post, ali jedan lik je prepisao onaj uvodni mizantropični monolog u pesmi "I Och Med Insikt Skall Du Förg" sa albuma "IV - The Eerie Cold", a ja ga malo doradio i očistio...i dodao intonaciju naratora (ne znam ko je, iskreno niti sam tražio po net-u), koja mi se posebno svidela. Pa ako nekog interesuje, evo:

“Oh...look at all the pathetic, black clad wannabes running off to buy the new Shining album. Yeah! Within the framework of our scene this shit’s the latest thing. Something to take a stand for, right? Something new and oh so evil; I mean, shit, would could possibly be more tr00 than suicide, right? What you ignorant little fucks don’t seem to be getting, though, what oh so very few of you seem to realise at all, is that this is no fucking joke. Far to many of you haven’t questioned yourself nearly enough to deserve to pretend to feel at home with this music. And honestly, most of you are even more degenerate and shallow then the commercial mainstream you pride yourself so for hating. Hate. You don’t know what real hatred is, and consequently horror is just a joke to you. In reality humanity is horror. Just think of all the putrid decadence and inner ugliness passed down genetically through all of us. We’re all potential child rapists, flaming homosexuals, murders, thieves and any other egocentric dung you can think of. And as much as it might appeal to you to support all this, in essence our nature, it’s just pathetic since you’d shit in your fucking pants if confronted with the real world out there. And what is with you fucking morons, dissing men like Eminem and Manson? What?! Is that jealousy due to the fact of them bringing this shit to the masses without pretensions for style? I mean, at least in their case the audience reflects the artist, right? Which is something that can’t be said for Shining now, is it? So take a long, good look at yourself because maybe Shining isn’t really your thing. Maybe you should just turn on the radio and forget all about these obscure releases you have to buy in order to listen to, and maybe you should just give the fuck up understanding the perspectives of schizophreniacs and psychos making art just to destroy the minds of stupid little kids with too big allowances. Shining’s not into building an army, Shining’s not a promise for the future; Shining’s just the pain of being human, here and now. If you’re into the whole organised misanthropy thing I suggest you go for shit like Dimmu Borgir instead. Like me.

Anyway, on behalf of Shining and Selbstmord Services it is my honour to extended a general death wish to all of you fucking weaklings. Ah, fuck you.”

• 2 weeks later...

SHINING recently posted a new song, entitled "Låt Oss Ta Allt Från Varandra", on its MySpace page. The track comes off the group's upcoming album, "V / Halmstad", tentatively due this spring via Osmose Productions.

According to the band, "V / Halmstad" will contain "six tracks of the darkest, yet most controversial, material we have written to date!" The track listing is as follows:

01. Yttligare Ett Steg Närmare Total Jävla Utfrysning (Yet Another Step Towards Complete Fucking Desolation)

02. Längtar Bort Från Mitt Hjärta (Longing Away From My Heart)

03. Låt Oss Ta Allt Från Varandra (Let Us Take All from the One and the Other)

04. Besvikelsens Dystra Monotoni (The Dismal Monotony of Disappointments)

05. Åttiosextusenfyrahundra (Eightthousandfourhundered)

06. Neka Morgondagen (Deny the Day of Tomorrow)

SHINING filmed its controversial February 3, 2007 concert at Diezel in Halmstad, Sweden for an upcoming DVD, entitled "Fy Fan För Livet!" In addition to the live footage, the disc will consist of a two-hour "road movie" and the promotional video for the new song "Låt Oss Ta Allt Från Varandra". SHINING's setlist spanned the band's entire career and the show featured guest appearances by members of MAYHEM and CARPATHIAN FOREST.